Author Topic: Michael Wilbon talking with D-Wade and Chris Bosh Live at 12:30 on SportsCenter  (Read 6180 times)

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Pretty obvious the way these guys handled questions about LeBron that LeBron is NOT going to Miami.

Yeah I loved their reactions when asked about LeBron at the end... the "Good luck man!!" from Bosh to LeBron sounded like a "eff you LeBron, we made the right choice, too bad you won't join us!" and then they both bursted out in laughter.

LeBron's problem is that he's got things on his mind besides basketball that are affecting his decision-making, like making as much money as possible.  I will never forget his pronouncement after meeting with Warren Buffet that he wants to be a billionaira, or something to that effect.

Yeah. He wants to be the first billionaire athlete in the world.

Hasn't Tiger already done that?
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4524640
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Pretty obvious the way these guys handled questions about LeBron that LeBron is NOT going to Miami.

Yeah I loved their reactions when asked about LeBron at the end... the "Good luck man!!" from Bosh to LeBron sounded like a "eff you LeBron, we made the right choice, too bad you won't join us!" and then they both bursted out in laughter.

LeBron's problem is that he's got things on his mind besides basketball that are affecting his decision-making, like making as much money as possible.  I will never forget his pronouncement after meeting with Warren Buffet that he wants to be a billionaira, or something to that effect.

Yeah. He wants to be the first billionaire athlete in the world.

Hasn't Tiger already done that?
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4524640

I think the difference is between earning billion dollars and actually being a billionaire.  I mean I'll earn millions of dollars in my lifetime, but I'll likely never be a millionaire (well, maybe with inflation, but you get the point). 

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610

Ouch.

All of a sudden I feel bad for Lebron. I seriously hope that if he does decide to stay with the Cavs that it's only a 2 yr contract.

Ummm.... are you kidding me???  How can you feel bad for the man who brought this all upon himself??  He literally had the choice of whatever he wanted this summer!  He could go anywhere he wanted and bring any star (maybe except Wade) with him.  Just about everything that happens this offseason is a result of what he has wanted.  Nothing to feel bad for.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Wade's shirt was awesome. Haha, you can tell he's ready to play team ball. <-- sarcasm.

Offline MiamiCelticfan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 29
Like I said last week Wade was never leaving despite the speculation about him and the bulls. Lebron it appears has decided to stay in Cleveland, because lebron had chose the bulls bosh wouldve followed. I really hope lebron selects Chicago. I can deal with them winning, not Miami. Pat riley only builds his teams thru free agency. Also, these fronrrunning fans are back on the bandwagon. Two days ago they were ready to disown Wade.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
And the Dwayne Wade Redemption tour begins.

Offline Vegas Green

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
If LeBron only signs a 2 year deal with the Cavs does that mean that after the deal is up, he could sign with the Celtics??

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
If LeBron only signs a 2 year deal with the Cavs does that mean that after the deal is up, he could sign with the Celtics??

Yeah that is what I am hinting towards to when I mentioned about wanting him to do a 2 yr contract w/ Cavs.

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59

Ouch.

All of a sudden I feel bad for Lebron. I seriously hope that if he does decide to stay with the Cavs that it's only a 2 yr contract.

Ummm.... are you kidding me???  How can you feel bad for the man who brought this all upon himself??  He literally had the choice of whatever he wanted this summer!  He could go anywhere he wanted and bring any star (maybe except Wade) with him.  Just about everything that happens this offseason is a result of what he has wanted.  Nothing to feel bad for.

I know him being an attention seeker and his enermous ego makes it very hard to like him; and I do agree that he himself has brought all this upon himself, but I just feel bad that he is such a talented player and his younger yrs are going to get wasted due to his not-so-great decisions.

I want him to put his heart and mind on the game and strictly think about winning, but I don't see that happening and I pity him for that.

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Why would you feel bad for Lebron?  Because Miami now has Chris Bosh, DWade and .......???????  Beasley?  That Heat team is not going to be that good.  You need more than Bosh and Wade to win championships.  Miami has 4 players on their roster and just about zero cap room. 

Lebron will be fine.  The Cavs are not done.  They will build a team that can run, and run often (remember Scott is from the Showtime school of thought).  They pretty much have a team right now that can play up tempo. 

I always thought the reason the Cavs lost last year is because they were coached into a style of offense that did not fit the team.  Couple that with Lebron either being injured or quitting on Mike Brown, Varejao's injury and a Boston team that was playing flawlessly and the Cavs lost.  I find it funny that just because the Cavs lost to a team that was playing so well that all of the sudden their roster is supposedly crap.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I used to like Lebron, but I just can't believe how much this guy is full of himself. Talking about his "brand"....what does that even mean? Why don't you go win something, dude? You've accomplished nothing, and do not deserve your own TV special to announce to the world that you plan to continue not winning any championships in Cleveland....yawn.
I'm not into the sentimental crap when it comes to sports, so I respect Lebron understanding his position and using all the leverage he has. This is his career. There are many far less deserving millionaires out there trying to maximize their holdings.

Lebron has clearly been a winner in his time in the NBA. We aren't dealing with a self-obsessed Iverson type here or a guy who doesn't care like Kemp. He is someone who loves basketball but who also has a good business mind. He will not undermine himself like Kobe does with his verging on rude press conference answers or with rape cases. He does not talk about teammates, coaches, or even opponents in negative ways to the press.

I think he is a bit stiff in interviews, especially considering how much of a joker he seems to be among friends. Like most top athletes, he has an inflated ego, but this is typically a target for hypocrites who ignore this in the players they like (Pierce) but focus on it for players they don't like (Kobe, Lebron).