Author Topic: Super Bowl Odds  (Read 2987 times)

Super Bowl Odds
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Here are the current odds (h/t http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/):

Indianapolis Colts 4-1
New York Jets 6-1
Dallas Cowboys 7-1
Minnesota Vikings 7-1
Green Bay Packers 8-1
San Diego Chargers 8-1
Baltimore Ravens 9-1
New England Patriots 9-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
New York Giants 12-1
Washington Redskins 12-1

My first reaction:
Jets too high, Saints too low.  Patriots about right (ie: more or less even with the Ravens, Chargers, Packers), but as a homer, I'd take those odds.
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Super Bowl Odds
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
Cowboys & Jets look too high upon intial review.

Steelers really take a dive with the Rothlisberger suspension.  From a pure value standpoint, I'm willing to be they're worth taking a risk on due to the possible payout.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
And the Champs are definitely too low.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

Steelers really take a dive with the Rothlisberger suspension.  From a pure value standpoint, I'm willing to be they're worth taking a risk on due to the possible payout.

I was going to say I'd definitely pick up some Steelers.  You can probably get some great value in them.  They're still a good team capable of making a run through the post-season as we've seen them do before.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I was going to say I'd definitely pick up some Steelers.  You can probably get some great value in them.  They're still a good team capable of making a run through the post-season as we've seen them do before.

Plus, their schedule during Rothlisberger's absence is somewhat managable.  They should be able to stay afloat until his return.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
The saints are way too low but how many teams have repeated in history? All of them were juggernauts and I just dont see them as one of the best rosters ever assembled.

Also how are the Jets too low? As much as I hate to admit it, I thought they would be the favorites this year. They went to the AFC title game and you can argue that they improved on both sides of the ball with their acquisitions.

I like the Pats at 9-1. To win it all!

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
And the Champs are definitely too low.

Agreed.  The Saints were the most complete team for much of last year, and won the Super Bowl pretty convincingly.  I'd say that they're my personal pick as favorites.

The Redskins are much too high, in my opinion.  A couple months ago, they were 75-1; I don't think McNabb makes that much of a difference.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

The Jets and Cowboys have lower odds than they should because of their markets.  Those teams (especially the Cowgirls) have a huge fan base and will see more action on them thus the lower odds for them winning.