Author Topic: Tony Allen Might Play Tonight?  (Read 4406 times)

Re: Tony Allen Might Play Tonight?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
what if Ta actually helps...i mean i know he makes a lot of stupid mistakes but he's a slasher and he can help with the depth at the 2 guard position.

It just seems as though Celtics management realized their mistake in extending TA (not a huge mistake, but it hasn't exaclty worked out), so they went out and signed a better, more controlled version of him in Marquis. I guess I just don't see how he gets many minutes...

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
what if Ta actually helps...i mean i know he makes a lot of stupid mistakes but he's a slasher and he can help with the depth at the 2 guard position.

It just seems as though Celtics management realized their mistake in extending TA (not a huge mistake, but it hasn't exaclty worked out), so they went out and signed a better, more controlled version of him in Marquis. I guess I just don't see how he gets many minutes...
$5 million worth of a mistake is pretty large in my book. It's not an Elton Brand $82 million size mistake, but it's still a good size mistake.

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
TA's return might give Doc more comfort with an all bench unit for back-to-backs.  As others have pointed out he does bring energy and as mistake prone as he is, he's much more of a threat to do something positive with the ball than Scal or Giddens, his current replacements.  With Baby's imminent return, spacing is also much less of an issue for the Daniels-Allen swing-court.

I look forward to his return.  Unlike last year, we aren't depending on him to be a consistent rotation player.  He'll be the 10th man who plays every other game, getting 3-5 minutes when he sucks and 10-15 when he plays well.   
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri