Author Topic: Idea to Enhance CB  (Read 16778 times)

Re: Idea to Enhance CB
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Sorry for the highjack, Dark Lord:)
I couldn't help myself.

hey, it happens :D  its all good

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I like this idea and I've brought it up with the SBN staff.  Well, something similar at least.  Didn't get any direct feedback on this idea, but I threw a number of ideas at them and I know they are currently working on a bunch of new toys for us to play with and perhaps this is already in the works.

Bottom line: the idea is out there.  How feasible it is or when it could happen is up in the air.

note: thanks for the suggestion and for "trying to make CB better" (thats starting to sound like a campaign slogan)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 11:55:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I like this idea and I've brought it up with the SBN staff.  Well, something similar at least.  Didn't get any direct feedback on this idea, but I threw a number of ideas at them and I know they are currently working on a bunch of new toys for us to play with and perhaps this is already in the works.

Bottom line: the idea is out there.  How feasible it is or when it could happen is up in the air.

note: thanks for the suggestion and for "trying to make CB better" (thats starting to sound like a campaign slogan)

no problem at all  :)

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
teeny tiny pet peeve - when posting pics here, I have to take the URL, when I make PPTs, I have to do a copy and paste, so inevitably I put the URL in my PPT and end up frustrated...probably no way to fix it, but just sayin =)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
ooh, if mods give multiple TPs, it takes away from their own TPs, simple algorhythm to make it work I'd imagine...

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
ooh, if mods give multiple TPs, it takes away from their own TPs, simple algorhythm to make it work I'd imagine...

ah, taken back!

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Darn. I was going to put this in the you can improve Cb thread, but I'll put it here.

Could we please possibly have a college football or college sports section in the other sports areas?  BC and UMass are good in their leagues and I feel out of place putting it in the Patriots football area.

Plus there's college basketball too

There's a lot that can be discussed there potentially.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:45:43 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Here is our NCAA basketball subforum

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=8.0

We have a Patriots/Football subforum, but we can always change that. I'd say if its something you really like, I'd say start some threads in the football subforum, if people respond (as in tehre is a demand like you say, which i agree with), then we can easily move the threads to a newly created forum.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Here is our NCAA basketball subforum

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=8.0

We have a Patriots/Football subforum, but we can always change that. I'd say if its something you really like, I'd say start some threads in the football subforum, if people respond (as in tehre is a demand like you say, which i agree with), then we can easily move the threads to a newly created forum.

It's a covenant...doesn't sound right. It's a deal

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Can we please have "International Clown Week" added to the CB calendar which President Nixon signed into law to recognize the week of August 1 to August 7?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:05:28 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
On the floor of the New York Stock Exchange there is a rare event. On occassion they suspend trading if there appears to be a sudden panic that leads to a major drop in prices unnecessarily. They then resume trading perhaps 4 - 24 hours later to allow time for readjustment.  This is an attempt to stabilize the situation for minor fact finding.

In that vein I suggest a new innovation -----THE 24 HOUR THREAD LOCK!

I feel bad for the mods where they are running around scrambling writing with each other, and in the mean time a thread is still being commented in, necessitating the mods going back to read that too.

A commenting freeze would allow for a more organized approach at times without having to outright lock something.

Dost this maketh sense? 

This is usually the part where a mod says "Yeah, we have that and we do it all the time"

and I say "Riiiigggghhht" and modify my post to something else like "Could we have red fonts on Valentine's Day?"

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup

This is usually the part where a mod says "Yeah, we have that and we do it all the time"

I won't say it happens all the time, but I definitely have put a temporary lock on a thread to confer with other mods if I'm not 100% sure which way to go with it, but I'm leaning towards it being lockable.
Yup

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I won't say it happens all the time, but I definitely have put a temporary lock on a thread to confer with other mods if I'm not 100% sure which way to go with it, but I'm leaning towards it being lockable.

Yeah, another thing we do is temporarily hide a thread.  It doesn't always work, but we try our best.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions