Author Topic: I swear to God, I had a tear in my eye...  (Read 2096 times)

I swear to God, I had a tear in my eye...
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Aloha CelticsBlog, it's been 2 weeks since I've been on the site and I've missed this place. I posted the other day about a great story to tell you, well this is certainly something we all, as Celtics fans, can relate to in some way, shape or form.

I was in my girlfriends car and the journey was pretty long, I was sleepy but I woke up at a specific moment. She was listening to a song, Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer, and I had an instant image in my head of game 6, 17.06.08, during a time-out in the fourth quarter where KG is singing this song before putting his head in his hands in disbelief (see below).

I was overcome with happiness and embraced the moment. I love this team and I hope and pray banner 18 is just around the corner.

Re: I swear to God, I had a tear in my eye...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Very nice.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
Aloha CelticsBlog, it's been 2 weeks since I've been on the site and I've missed this place. I posted the other day about a great story to tell you, well this is certainly something we all, as Celtics fans, can relate to in some way, shape or form.

I was in my girlfriends car and the journey was pretty long, I was sleepy but I woke up at a specific moment. She was listening to a song, Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer, and I had an instant image in my head of game 6, 17.06.08, during a time-out in the fourth quarter where KG is singing this song before putting his head in his hands in disbelief (see below).

I was overcome with happiness and embraced the moment. I love this team and I hope and pray banner 18 is just around the corner.

You should join Marbury and have a good cry together lol.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
From the Haiku thread:

Fine young Irish maestro
Makes us proud daily
Went with "Men United"

Welcome back, have a TP.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

You should join Marbury and have a good cry together lol.

Well, it wasn't a cry, just watery eyes. Marbury on the other hand...

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
welcome back my friend
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

this story alone proves u bleed green!  well done my friend

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

The score alone almost brings a tear to my eye.
Unfortunately it's overcome by my laughter at the Lakers' expense.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Brings back memories for me too, Maestro.  I was 2:21 seconds of game time away from running through the sprinkler in my front yard out of sheer joy and almost ruining a perfectly good watch (which I still wear).   :)