Author Topic: Jason Richardson suspended 1 game by the Suns  (Read 1339 times)

Jason Richardson suspended 1 game by the Suns
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 355
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3910921

The league didn't even take any action.  It was the team that suspended him.  And for only ONE game?!?!

Apparently, the league thinks that what Kevin Garnett did to Andrew Bogut earlier in the year was more egregious than driving 90 on a 35 with an unrestrained 3 yr old in the car.

The press is still talking about Michael Phelps over two weeks later, but I'm sure this will pass through with hardly a mention.  ::)

Re: Jason Richardson suspended 1 game by the Suns
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:26:32 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i think the suns are doing the noble thing here.  to do what jrich did, was bad enough and put alot of innocent people at risk....but to do it with his 3 yr old in the car, not wearing a seat belt.....just goes to show what kind of a <insert any applicable profanity> he really is.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Anyone else rolled their eyes when they read this:

"I just want to apologize to everybody -- my teammates, my family, especially my fiancee," he said. "It's a tough time for me. I've been questioned as a basketball player, questioned as a person, but my fatherhood in question is tough, because I try to be the best father I can be, and try to keep my kids out of harm's way."

::)

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'd say what I'd really think of J-Rich, but I'm afraid that I'd break Jeff's profanity filter and he'd have to ban me.  People who do things like this, really, REALLY * me off.