Author Topic: my NBA2K9 reality....  (Read 2695 times)

my NBA2K9 reality....
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:07:52 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
the year is 2014 and the Boston Celtics have won 5 out of the past 7 championships.

going into the season much of the team are unproven first, second, and third year players.

Gabe Pruitt, the previous season's 6th man, moved into free agency and was acquired by the Sacramento Kings where he will play along Lebron James, Greg Oden, and former Celtic Antoine Walker.

To fill the void at Guard the C's sign free agent, and 17 year veteran Chauncey Billups.

1/3 of the way though the season Boston trades Billups to washington in return for Ray Allen who was traded to the wizards mid-way through the 09/10 season.

with a starting lineup of Rondo (former finals MVP, Defensive player, and 2 time All-NBA first team), Pierce, BWalker (2011 MIP), KG, Perk (2012 defensive player of the year). and Ray Allen coming off the bench the celtics march to the first seed in the Eastern conference.

First round: The celtics are taken to game 7 against Detroit's Carmello Anthony, Rip Hamilton, and Jason Maxiell.

Second round: 5 games against the new look pacer's. OJ Mayo, Blake Griffin, and Danny Granger get blown out in the C's 4 wins.

EC Finals: Enter the Bucks: Off-season additions Kevin Durant and 38 year old Tim duncan lead the series 3-1. in game five Ray Allen forces OT with 16 fourth-quarter points then adds 10 more to defeat his old team in 2 OT. Game 6 blowout win, but paul pierce has been injured and will be out for game 7. 2 time Executive of the Year Danny Ainge signs former Celtic Eddie House for additional scoring off the bench. Celtics win the series.

Finals: Celtics VS Suns

Game 1: Celtics lose 111-96 despite Rondo triple double : 13buckets 10boards 12dimes

Game 2: Celtics lose 103-98 despite Perkins' 13 pts, 17 reb, 4 blks
(Bill Walker plays only 25 minutes due to knee tendenitis, questionable for game 3)

Game 3: Celtics lose 127-90 without Pierce, and with Bill Walker playing only 25 minutes the celtics can't keep up with the suns.
Perkins: 10 pts 20 reb 6 ast 5 blks
(Pierce will play game 4 despite injury)

Game 4: Celtics lose 120-99 as the Suns sweep the injured overaged celtics quite easily.

NOTE: i don't play the games anymore. I sign, draft, and develop players, then work on individual areas in practice prior to each matchup.

sorry if noone cares but i'm super bored, and its more fun for me to think of my fake celtics playing in the finals instead of my real celtics who've lost 6 of 8.

Re: my NBA2K9 reality....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Yupp... After this recent stretch I've gotten back into my habit of playing God (AKA GM) on the NBA games. Think I'm going to run out and buy 2K9 today. I've held out because I haven't needed the fix, but [dang]... Now I really do.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
hopefully the real garnett will start playing like the cyber-garnett...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
hopefully the real garnett will start playing like the cyber-garnett...

good thing you dont have to pay him 24 million a year in virtual land
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:46:33 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
it's funny this is coming up in conversation. i've had 2k9 since the day it came out, but never really started the dynasty mode until the other night after we got our butts handed to us by the knicks. first thing i did was trade away eddie house, patrick obryant, scalabrine, big baby, both our '09 draft picks, and sam cassell. as a result, i acquired jason kapono to play behind pierce off the bench, got a young big man in Hibbert, picked up chucky atkins, and signed alonzo mourning. i held onto pruitt, walker, and giddens for youth to develop. add hibbert to that list and you have a nice group of young players to develop while also staying competitive. basically, i turned 2 point guards (if eddie's even considered one), a crap SF, and two no name big men into a bench that can actually play and hold its own.

that's my perfect world haha

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:29 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
this is kinda off topic, but if you guys are looking for rosters (xbox 360) that have been updated (as of jan. 5) that have a ton of updated ratings, coaching tendencies, etc. go to the 2kshare part (under options - rosters) and download a set from a user with the gamertag: portlandblazer.

OS Outsiders A - all rosters updated with best depth charts
OS Outsiders B - current injuries are noted with guys on the inactive list who are currently not playing

he has also created all the playoff rosters for 1991 and 1992 (that's what they're called under his GT).  i HIGHLY recommend his work...check out operationsports.com for sports gaming rosters.

not to pat myself on the back, but i worked with a guy named jason2112 at OS and we did a complete roster file for NCAA Basketball 09...he did all the rosters with some rerated edits and I completed all the historic rosters and they are very accurate - it took me 4 days at about 6 hours a day to get them done (my Christmas vacation - ha!).

you need to send me a friend request to get them - my gamertag is mkharsh33.  go into my EA Locker on xbox live and you'll find the file: mkharsh33 FINAL HIST jason2112

again, i'm not trying to hijack this thread, but wanted to share this information as many of you guys play basketball (or all sports for that matter) video games.

if you also want a great file (360) for NCAA Football 09 download the roster from a guy's gamertag named romancaesar - he's done a TON of edits all season long and they are accurate and extremely good.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:54:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
it's funny this is coming up in conversation. i've had 2k9 since the day it came out, but never really started the dynasty mode until the other night after we got our butts handed to us by the knicks. first thing i did was trade away eddie house, patrick obryant, scalabrine, big baby, both our '09 draft picks, and sam cassell. as a result, i acquired jason kapono to play behind pierce off the bench, got a young big man in Hibbert, picked up chucky atkins, and signed alonzo mourning. i held onto pruitt, walker, and giddens for youth to develop. add hibbert to that list and you have a nice group of young players to develop while also staying competitive. basically, i turned 2 point guards (if eddie's even considered one), a crap SF, and two no name big men into a bench that can actually play and hold its own.

that's my perfect world haha

NBA2k9 Thinks Pruitt is the next reggie miller. Just run him through like, 1 of the "increse potential" camps and he's a 95 rated player in 3 years lol.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion