Author Topic: My New Favorite Non-Celtic  (Read 8953 times)

Re: My New Favorite Non-Celtic
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3778
  • Yup
Here we go...I guess I'll TP myself for the video ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NdO8C1WcPo

I did look for it but didn't find it.

NO TP FOR YOU!

ah, hell a TP anyhow...There wasn't anything on YouTube til this morning (not that I stayed up all night waiting...)
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Haha I wasn't fishing, just saying I looked to see it myself and would have posted it on here.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
Haha I wasn't fishing, just saying I looked to see it myself and would have posted it on here.

Careful what you fish for ;)

Yup

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Guess who?

;D

clue...hes a playaaaaaaaa hangaaaaaaaaaa
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 03:01:50 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
He's like a younger Ginobli. Lets see how they matchup when they play against each other. Hes more athletic than Manu by the way.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
He's like a younger Ginobli. Lets see how they matchup when they play against each other. Hes more athletic than Manu by the way.

I'm not being sarcastic here, I just honestly haven't seen him play enough - does Rudy have the flop in his bag of tricks?
Yup

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

I'm not being sarcastic here, I just honestly haven't seen him play enough - does Rudy have the flop in his bag of tricks?
Thats to funny :)being a big Rudy fan myself i haven't seen him  apply the flop yet but i will keep you updated.

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup

Thats to funny :)being a big Rudy fan myself i haven't seen him  apply the flop yet but i will keep you updated.

I seriously wasn't trying to be funny (for once), but to me when comparisons to Ginobili come up I find it impossible to not think the flop.
Yup

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

I seriously wasn't trying to be funny (for once), but to me when comparisons to Ginobili come up I find it impossible to not think the flop.
I know you wasnt trying to be funny but i had said watchout Ginobli,Rudy is taking over the European reign in the NBA soon in a thread over a month ago.It struck me funny when i saw your post.TP for your "imagination" part.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

I guess only time will tell with Rudy, but from what I've seen, he seems too busy playing at full throttle to think about something like flopping. Just my opinion.

On a related note, there was a recent article or blog post somewhere (I can't remember where) where Nate McMillan was talking about how the Blazers don't "sell" fouls enough. Apparently, Travis Outlaw is the only one who knows how to play that game and the rest of the team teases him about it. McMillan has started calling them out to explain that people shouldn't tease Outlaw, they should follow his example. Apparently, McMillan believes this is one of the major reasons why the Blazers don't get to the foul line very much. Anyhow, I don't think he was encouraging flopping, but he is encouraging them to be a little more dramatic. For my money, I think Paul Pierce is the best player in the league at selling fouls.

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I guess only time will tell with Rudy, but from what I've seen, he seems too busy playing at full throttle to think about something like flopping. Just my opinion.

On a related note, there was a recent article or blog post somewhere (I can't remember where) where Nate McMillan was talking about how the Blazers don't "sell" fouls enough. Apparently, Travis Outlaw is the only one who knows how to play that game and the rest of the team teases him about it. McMillan has started calling them out to explain that people shouldn't tease Outlaw, they should follow his example. Apparently, McMillan believes this is one of the major reasons why the Blazers don't get to the foul line very much. Anyhow, I don't think he was encouraging flopping, but he is encouraging them to be a little more dramatic. For my money, I think Paul Pierce is the best player in the league at selling fouls.

On a related note, wasn't it great to see Leon do Paul's "wait for the defended to reach then go through his arm into a shooting motion" play?  It's great to see the young players picking up on these veteran tricks at such an early age - shows they're paying attention.

And I still think my favorite non-Celtic is Steve Nash, with Chris Paul quickly gaining ground.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
If you think Rudy is that good, wait for Rubio.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1

Isn't he like 17 or something. I seen him play somewhat in the Olympics, but I didn't see that much, especially against USA.

Yet, he still is very very young and has a lot of development left.

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

On a related note, wasn't it great to see Leon do Paul's "wait for the defended to reach then go through his arm into a shooting motion" play?  It's great to see the young players picking up on these veteran tricks at such an early age - shows they're paying attention.

And I still think my favorite non-Celtic is Steve Nash, with Chris Paul quickly gaining ground.
I've gotten all caught up in the Rudy hype, but he's still not above Nash on my list either. For non-Celtics, I'd probably go Nash, then Rudy. But Nash is probably my favorite non-Celtic of all-time.

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Isn't he like 17 or something. I seen him play somewhat in the Olympics, but I didn't see that much, especially against USA.

Yet, he still is very very young and has a lot of development left.

Yeah, he's 17 and he was playing injured in the Olympics, he was mostly using his off-hand.

I know Rudy since he was 16 or something close and Rubio since he was 14, and, comparing their quality at the same age points, they don't even come close. Last season, Rubio was already better (they're playing in the same team) than Rudy for some stretches. Very different kind of players, but Rubio can reach levels that are completely out of Rudy's possibilities.