Author Topic: Stern has no credibility at all  (Read 1939 times)

Stern has no credibility at all
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Does David Stern have any credibility left at all? The officiating all play-offs has been suspect to be kind and at times has bordered on down right crooked. I'll make a prediction right now, the Lakers will play Cleveland in a 7 games series in the NBA finals with the Lakers winning 4-3. Why? So the NBA can market its two biggest stars.

I'd love to see him challenged on this. A great series of investigative articles would be nice.

Re: Stern has no credibility at all
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »

Offline CsfanNH

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 10
The Celtics will win game 7 of this series and go on to play the Pistons. I think the officiating is questionable to say the very least.

CsfanNH

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
No point in analyzing what needs to be done to win Game 7.  That will be decided by Stern and the rest of the NBA brass.  Do they want the icon of LeBron moving on, or the historic Boston Celtics team.  Unfortunately I think it might be LeBron.  It really is sad what they are doing to a great game and its great players.

This series has made me believe that LeBron is a crybaby, which he is, but it's not his fault.  At age 23 he already believes he is entitled to every call because he is who he is.  Unfortunately it started with MJ, and has gone down to Kobe and now LeBron.  He was a humble kid when they were showing his games in high school, ever since Stern's got a hold of him he hasn't been.  He says he is, but the comments from after Game 5 clearly prove that he is not. 

This rediculous Second Round has really highlighted how corrupt the NBA is in my opinion.  They have maximized profits and in the end the teams that they want to move on will.  It is so sad because they have the talent to really get back to the glory days of the 80s.  Unfortunately they have shut out so many fans.  Donaghy cost them a lot they will never get back.  This playoff will cost them a few more in my opinion.  I will never leave the Celtics, but this playoff run has really made me frustrated with the NBA.  Please retire Stern and put someone in there with some credibility to start the rebuilding process. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »

Offline JRodtheSnake

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 20
I have watched every single celtic game this season and I can very easily say that this was the most poorly officiated game I have seen.  The non-goaltend call on Ray Allen; the non-charge on Lebron on Pierce and the countless hacks on Baby in the post are just a few of the most laughable calls I have ever seen
"Kirilenko's eyes started to tear in the locker room as he talked in a shaky voice about his frustrations and inability to stop Pierce. He played just four minutes in the final quarter because of his inept defense, but his small consolation was that none of his teammates could do any better".