Author Topic: Atlanta mocking Celtics fans  (Read 6089 times)

Atlanta mocking Celtics fans
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:33:01 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Has anybody else been to the Atlanta Hawks website? They have 2 videos on there that really make me mad. One video shows Atlanta Hawks fans putting up Hawks stickers throughout the city and getting Bostonians to say "Let's go Hawks!", and "Get fired up!" (Hawk's Playoffs motto). The other video shows them asking "Celtics fans" outside of Fenway questions that they cannot answer, making us look stupid. Between this and Mike Bibby's comments... are the Hawks fans seriously making fun of us when they barely even went to the Hawks games during the regular season? What a joke.

Re: Atlanta mocking Celtics fans
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
intersting find, but honestly, i don't care.

i just care about winning game 5 and 6. then atlanta can say whatever it wants.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
FSN sent out Dickerson to do the same thing last week in Atlanta..He asked people to name someone on the hawks and they could'nt ect ect
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Seems hypocritical to me. Most of those Hawk 'fans' probably did not show up before the Hawks made the playoffs.  ::)

If anything I think it makes them look stupid.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3778
  • Yup
It's a playoff series, you're supposed to mock the other city.

Ask them how there St. Louis fan base is doing for that championship banner they have next to all those petty Divisional Titles.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 03:18:37 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
personally, i found it kind of funny.  not sure why people wearing the boston gear would say lets go hawks, but whatever. 

as for people not answering the questions, i am pretty sure you could do that with any sport and any place.  you could walk down yawkee way before a sox game and find people that couldnt answers about the team.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Direct link please ( I can't find it)

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I saw the videos, I don't care, in a couple games no one will remember them. They haven't been in the playoffs for so long that this is their finals, and they will lose it.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I thought that was hilarious - but then again I do tend to hate Boston Sports fans (even though I am one, but not the stereotypical kind - never yelled No-mahhh, never booed Antoine, etc.) - anyways it was well produced, witty, showed the perceived caring of certain fans, was in many ways a social commentary on our obsession with being on camera, even if it means yelling go hawks while wearing a ray allen jersey....

the other funny thing was after watching these videos I realized why I hear Dirty Water and the Cheers theme as the game was going to/coming from commercial last night, I was confused about that til now
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 12:18:11 AM »

Offline Bossco

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 54
I say touche to the Hawks. I saw Dickerson down in Atlanta making fools out of the locals there. (I believe ATL did it to us now in retaliation to us doing it to them first). It was funny, he was talking to a couple of mascot-like guys, totally belittling Atlanta/Hawks fans. Considering what has happened, we may have lit a fire under those fans. I saw Joe Johnson say a few times during his press conf. that the fans had really fired them up (no pun intended).

I hate watching us play the Hawks because I never wanted us to trade JJ. He has really come into his own. I just hope and pray that our coaching staff and players will make him and the rest of the Hawks play like they did in the first 2 games.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Let them make fools of themselves ... the true battle takes place on the court. Let's honor our boys by showing that we're the fans with character and heart and determination, and not take this immature bait Atlanta fans are dangling. Getting rattled and making retaliatory comments is exactly what they want for a reaction ... let's stay cool and let the Boyz in green do their job!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Let them have their moments.

They will soon be back

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:37 AM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
I am not cool with this.

Team sanctioned activities are very different than Greg Dickerson.

I'm appalled that Stern would put up with something like this. 
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do."¯ - Franklin

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
after friday this will be a distant memory and the hawks will go back to where they belong - watching the playoffs on tv.