Author Topic: RJ Hunter...  (Read 2472 times)

RJ Hunter...
« on: August 07, 2023, 08:22:02 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
I always liked this kid. He had a nice shot but he just couldn't get it to fall in games... I hope he gets a second chance.

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2023/08/06/boston-celtics-first-round-pick-comeback/

Re: RJ Hunter...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 09:43:11 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995
I always liked this kid. He had a nice shot but he just couldn't get it to fall in games... I hope he gets a second chance.

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2023/08/06/boston-celtics-first-round-pick-comeback/

From the article it sounds like he couldn’t even hack it overseas.  My guess is he’s merely a camp body for Charlotte.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 09:48:48 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

From the article it sounds like he couldn’t even hack it overseas.  My guess is he’s merely a camp body for Charlotte.

That's probably so.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 09:51:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I always saw him  more as a volume shooter.   His career 3P % is .295 on two attempts per game.  He does have guts to take big shots or at least he did in college

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hunterj01.html

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 09:56:18 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984
Blast from Past .

So many good promising guys lots of sizzle  ;D

Like James Young too… you think they are going somewhere

But in the end ….only Fizzle  ???

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 11:00:00 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Blast from Past .

Some guys don't put the work in and some don't fit with the team they're on. Others are just not talented enough...

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Not sure it can really be called a "comeback" when he was barely here in the first place.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 12:06:56 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Blast from Past .

Some guys don't put the work in and some don't fit with the team they're on. Others are just not talented enough...

I ‘ll never be able to unsee the JM like  monster dunk James Young rose up and  threw down in his NCAA tournament over three guys at the basket.

I would still draft him today after seeing that …even tho I know what will happen LOL . I was that smitten ….I guess DA was too..LOL

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 01:14:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Blast from Past .

I ‘ll never be able to unsee the JM like  monster dunk James Young rose up and  threw down in his NCAA tournament over three guys at the basket.

I would still draft him today after seeing that …even tho I know what will happen LOL . I was that smitten ….I guess DA was too..LOL

I was also excited about James Young. He didn't seem to put in the work. He seemed to have the talent.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 01:50:30 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Blast from Past .

I was also excited about James Young. He didn't seem to put in the work. He seemed to have the talent.

Yeah I know ,  broke my heart  :-[

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 03:45:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 324
I always saw him  more as a volume shooter.   His career 3P % is .295 on two attempts per game.  He does have guts to take big shots or at least he did in college

RJ was a good shooter at Georgia State. I'm not surprised that he couldn't make the jump to the NBA, considering the level of competition he was used to. I just looked up Georgia State's schedule and have not heard of the following schools: Toccoa Falls, Middle Georgia State, and Texas State. Granted, they took a flyer on him at #28 (where there are no high expectations for drafted players), but they missed out on Kevon Looney, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Pat Connaughton, and Norman Powell. None of those guys will make an all star team, but at least Looney and Powell are legit NBA players.

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 09:42:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I like RJ, glad to see he’s getting another shot, I’ll be rooting for him

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 08:21:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

RJ was a good shooter at Georgia State. I'm not surprised that he couldn't make the jump to the NBA, considering the level of competition he was used to. I just looked up Georgia State's schedule and have not heard of the following schools: Toccoa Falls, Middle Georgia State, and Texas State. Granted, they took a flyer on him at #28 (where there are no high expectations for drafted players), but they missed out on Kevon Looney, Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Pat Connaughton, and Norman Powell. None of those guys will make an all star team, but at least Looney and Powell are legit NBA players.

Having dad as a coach helps, but sometimes makes things harder too.