Author Topic: Austin Reaves…  (Read 867 times)

Austin Reaves…
« on: May 18, 2023, 06:50:06 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
…anyone watch this guy?

He seems totally legit.

Watching a replay of Game of the WCF and this kid seems like a high IQ player who can make shots and is tough.

Will probably command a pricey contract which the C’s can’t afford but would love to have him on this team.

Re: Austin Reaves…
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 08:28:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
He’s a solid role player for sure. Definitely a high BB IQ.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:32:24 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Because of the way his contract worked, he could price himself off the Lakers, which would just be funny.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:36:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Yeah, I can't quite peg him down yet. Just how good is he? A borderline starter? A quality starter? An average to above average starter? Does he have some low level star potential?

Interesting set of skills. Solid size. Good height but mediocre muscle. Above average ball-handler, passer, driver, midrange shooter, outside shooter. Solid interior finisher and transition player. That is a lot of variety to one's offensive game particularly for a role player. He plays adequate defense and rebounds well also.

Looking more and more like a quality starter player with some hints of star potential.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 09:42:39 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
…anyone watch this guy?

He seems totally legit.

Watching a replay of Game of the WCF and this kid seems like a high IQ player who can make shots and is tough.

Will probably command a pricey contract which the C’s can’t afford but would love to have him on this team.

I wanted to draft him and second round and then got ridiculed for saying we needed to go after him as a free agent. I think the Lakers had some kinda backdoor deal with him even before the draft but I liked him out of college.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
…anyone watch this guy?

He seems totally legit.

I wanted to draft him and second round and then got ridiculed for saying we needed to go after him as a free agent. I think the Lakers had some kinda backdoor deal with him even before the draft but I liked him out of college.

Was he even drafted?

Never followed his college career so no clue how that went.

I think he’s going to be a very good all-around player make a couple all-star teams maybe.

Gordon Hayward light?

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 11:01:28 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
…anyone watch this guy?

He seems totally legit.

Was he even drafted?

Never followed his college career so no clue how that went.

I think he’s going to be a very good all-around player make a couple all-star teams maybe.

Gordon Hayward light?

He went undrafted.