Author Topic: Celtics (19-18) at Rockets (11-25) Game #38 3/14/21  (Read 20048 times)

Re: Celtics (19-18) at Rockets (11-25) Game #38 3/14/21
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2021, 10:54:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love Tacko....but tonight he is making it clear, he is not an NBA caliber player.

I dunno, he’d probably be starting for Houston right now.
Lol, true, but that says more about the Rockets roster than Tacko's player caliber.

« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2021, 10:55:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Maybe we have the reason why these guys on the floor aren't seeing minutes.

Every one of them are terrible on their defensive switches and rotations.

It's simply awful to watch them play defense.

Now, I get it, it's garbage time, but most of these guys just aren't playing within the defensive system. It's like watching 5 chickens with their heads cut off.

No practice, no G-League, and no time on the court for most of those guys. They would pretty much have to look bad.
Oh, I completely agree. There are true reasons for how they are playing. Those aren't excuses.

My point though is that those who are openly questioning Pritchard's and Nesmith's lack of playing time, over and over again, have their answer. You have to know and play within the defensive system to get playing time.

Hustle is great but having to "over hustle" to get back in position because you missed your switch, rotation or assignment isn't earning you playing time.

Stevens has shortened his rotations. It's time to win and not time to gift playing time. You got to earn those minutes and that starts on defense.

Pritchard should be playing. He even played well in a totally disorganized garbage time. Nesmith needs time so he can improve. I guess we just need more garbage time for these guys.

Dang the victory was so lopsided the tps did not rain...lol

ok here have another one then jeez! lol

And one for you...these wins a scarce these days gotta max on tps when you can ..lol

« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2021, 10:56:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Now, I get it, it's garbage time, but most of these guys just aren't playing within the defensive system. It's like watching 5 chickens with their heads cut off.

No practice, no G-League, and no time on the court for most of those guys. They would pretty much have to look bad.
Oh, I completely agree. There are true reasons for how they are playing. Those aren't excuses.

My point though is that those who are openly questioning Pritchard's and Nesmith's lack of playing time, over and over again, have their answer. You have to know and play within the defensive system to get playing time.

Hustle is great but having to "over hustle" to get back in position because you missed your switch, rotation or assignment isn't earning you playing time.

Stevens has shortened his rotations. It's time to win and not time to gift playing time. You got to earn those minutes and that starts on defense.

Pritchard should be playing. He even played well in a totally disorganized garbage time. Nesmith needs time so he can improve. I guess we just need more garbage time for these guys.

And one for you...these wins a scarce these days gotta max on tps when you can ..lol
C's have won 5 of last 6 games.

« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2021, 11:01:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

C's have won 5 of last 6 games.

How did the lose the last one?..lol

« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2021, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237

Absolutely TPs are always a morale boost

« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2021, 11:35:52 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
If not, why isn't he playing 25-30 min a game?

Brad keeps saying it’s health related, assuming hip?

but does he look like he is having issues at all right now physically?  to me he looks 110%
maybe it helps just to lower expectations I guess if it is still nagging.
I think he’s had hip problems every year he’s been in the league. Not sure if it some sort of chronic thing they have to manage.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2021/02/21/brad-stevens-celtics-robert-williams-minutes-restriction

Celtics can't get a break. It's looking like Williams could develop into the center we need and just in time to play alongside the J's as they hit their prime. And wouldn't you know it - he has a chronic injury issue that doesn't sound like anything that can be repaired, just "managed."
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

thanks!

« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2021, 11:39:05 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Nesmith is wearing of those "big black belts"...is that back or ribs?

Looks like a WWE champion belt without the bling.

I think it tells Brad if he gets too close to the court.

Now, that is funny.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2021, 01:43:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love Tacko....but tonight he is making it clear, he is not an NBA caliber player.

I dunno, he’d probably be starting for Houston right now.
Lol, true, but that says more about the Rockets roster than Tacko's player caliber.
7'6" Tacko would be quite the jump from 6'5" PJ Tucker :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2021, 08:21:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
If not, why isn't he playing 25-30 min a game?

Brad keeps saying it’s health related, assuming hip?

but does he look like he is having issues at all right now physically?  to me he looks 110%
maybe it helps just to lower expectations I guess if it is still nagging.
I think he’s had hip problems every year he’s been in the league. Not sure if it some sort of chronic thing they have to manage.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2021/02/21/brad-stevens-celtics-robert-williams-minutes-restriction

Celtics can't get a break. It's looking like Williams could develop into the center we need and just in time to play alongside the J's as they hit their prime. And wouldn't you know it - he has a chronic injury issue that doesn't sound like anything that can be repaired, just "managed."

I’m twice his age plus , I occasionally have a bit  hip pain ...lol....  maybe I’m lucky . ;D