Author Topic: NBA HOF - snubs/undeserving players?  (Read 3681 times)

Re: NBA HOF - snubs/undeserving players?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 02:06:23 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Marculionis was one of the first (if not the first) European who made it in the NBA coming directly form Europe.  He is a HOF cause he opened the door . Without him Manu retires in Italy

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think Ben Wallace isn't particularly borderline - his 5-6 year defensive peak was bonkers. Not many players have All-NBA value for 5ish years, and when you consider that he was the defensive anchor of a dominant defensive team + his accolades (they do mean something in these HoF inductions) he's pretty much a no brainer to get in.
Agreed. Not too shabby for a 6'8 center
I think his actual height was something like 6'5 or 6'6, which makes what he did even crazier.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 09:38:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Tom Chambers. I think he should make it to the HOF.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
It’s not the NBA Hall of Fame - it’s the basketball HoF. Those Euro guys are deserving, which is why Manu is a lock, and Tony P probably is too.

Manu and Tony won NBA titles and showed they could excel at the highest level

What did Sarunas Marciulionis exactly prove outside of being a good player? He avg like 10 pts a game

If its not about the NBA... why are there hardly any pure non nba players inducted?

There a handful of european, korean, japanese etc players that should be inducted  (pioneers in their league etc).... no?

Well, there are a few.  The great Oscar Schmidt immediately comes to mind.  Others include Drazen Dalipagic, Sergei Belov, Dino Meneghin, Kresimir Cosic and Nikos Galis.

There are other (non-players) like John Wooden who is in the HoF despite not having played or coached in the NBA.

Others could probably come up with other names.

Arvydas Sabonis almost certainly would have been added to the HoF even if he hadn't played those few years in the NBA after his body was broken down.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.