Author Topic: windhorst says IT should be in d-league  (Read 5288 times)

Re: windhorst says IT should be in d-league
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
SMH.  I wonder if WWE had a triple threat match with Windhorst, Nick Wright, and Shannon Sharpe for the rights to be called the biggest Lebron suck up/shill how intense it would be?  Their infatuation with this guy is borderline a #MeToo moment.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 03:50:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Send him to Canton so I can go watch him and Perkins play on the cheap.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
IT is not the same player. It is pretty clear. Whether or not he gets back to last year's production is everyone's guess. I think Danny Ainge knew that a drop-off was very likely.

The fans on this blog who thought that IT was close to Kyrie are pretty quiet right now.

It was a testament to Isaiah's great year that a case could even be made, but the effects of a major hip injury on a small player whose game is based on quick powerful bursts was a pretty big thing to overlook. 

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947
SMH.  I wonder if WWE had a triple threat match with Windhorst, Nick Wright, and Shannon Sharpe for the rights to be called the biggest Lebron suck up/shill how intense it would be?  Their infatuation with this guy is borderline a #MeToo moment.

Oh, it’s Nick Wright without a doubt.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
He said the exact same thing on the Lowe Post, but I think it was much less inflammatory sounding there.  He basically said that if a baseball pitcher was coming back from an elbow injury, he would be down in the minors making rehab starts before rejoining the team, and that the same should be true in the NBA.  It pains me to say this, but Windy is 100% correct.  NBA players coming back from major injuries should go to the G-League for rehab work.  IT is obviously not fully right at this point and should be able to work on getting his game back without hurting the Cavs and without a huge spotlight bearing down on him.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I dont know how many Cavs games people have seen but IT isnt close to what he was here but he is still getting swallowed up by traps and getting blocked at the rim.

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cavs should make a deal with the Clippers and end IT4 misery...he deserves better

To Cavs: Jordan, Williams, Harrell, Evans
To Clippers: Zizic, Crowder, IT4, Thompson

Clippers then become last years Celtics basically, which would be fun to see

Thompson
Harris
Crowder
AB
IT4

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Cavs should make a deal with the Clippers and end IT4 misery...he deserves better

Thompson
Harris
Crowder
AB
IT4

The Clippers are getting ripped off there.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2971
Boy o Boy .....little IT is gonna squirt  twinkies

mess n with his Brinks Truck again. ..... ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:22:19 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 05:18:24 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Thompson
Harris
Crowder
AB
IT4

The Clippers are getting ripped off there.

I mean honestly I dont know why someone would trade for IT at this point. Crowder is terrible. TT has done next to nothing this year and Zizic has played like 41 min.

Why would the Clippers make that deal cus I see no reason for them to make that deal?

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 12:05:07 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
IT is not the same player. It is pretty clear. Whether or not he gets back to last year's production is everyone's guess. I think Danny Ainge knew that a drop-off was very likely.

The fans on this blog who thought that IT was close to Kyrie are pretty quiet right now.
See, but here's the thing: IT and Kyrie WERE close prior to IT's hip injury. You can't just conveniently leave that out. I don't think anyone was saying that a hobbled Isaiah Thomas was as good as a healthy Kyrie Irving.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

See, but here's the thing: IT and Kyrie WERE close prior to IT's hip injury. You can't just conveniently leave that out. I don't think anyone was saying that a hobbled Isaiah Thomas was as good as a healthy Kyrie Irving.
IT was arguably better than Kyrie... when the entire team was tailored to maximize his strength and minimize his weakness. This isn't happening in Cleveland (and hasn't really happened anywhere else he's played, either), hence expect a lot of buyer's remorse.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 12:23:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553

IT was arguably better than Kyrie... when the entire team was tailored to maximize his strength and minimize his weakness. This isn't happening in Cleveland (and hasn't really happened anywhere else he's played, either), hence expect a lot of buyer's remorse.
IT's DRTG this year, is only slightly worse than his DRTG last year.  It is his offense that is the problem, but I don't know why anyone would think a guy that on his career has shot 49% from 2 and 36% from 3, is going to continue shooting at 45.5 and 25 that he is at this year.  IT just doesn't have his legs under him yet.  This type of injury takes at least 20 games to get your flow.  IT is at 12 still.  That is why a stint in the G-League might have actually made sense.  He would not only get game action (with more rest), he would be getting real practice time as well.  You couldn't send him down now, but had they wanted to do it from the start, I think it is something that the NBA teams really should look at. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

IT's DRTG this year, is only slightly worse than his DRTG last year.  It is his offense that is the problem, but I don't know why anyone would think a guy that on his career has shot 49% from 2 and 36% from 3, is going to continue shooting at 45.5 and 25 that he is at this year.  IT just doesn't have his legs under him yet.  This type of injury takes at least 20 games to get your flow.  IT is at 12 still.  That is why a stint in the G-League might have actually made sense.  He would not only get game action (with more rest), he would be getting real practice time as well.  You couldn't send him down now, but had they wanted to do it from the start, I think it is something that the NBA teams really should look at.
(Individual) DRTG is a garbage stat. But I digress...

The Celtics went to extremes to hide Thomas' defensive deficiencies. That didn't make him a good defender, but made the team better defensively as they kept his poor defense away from high-impact situations. Of course, having Bradley and Smart on the team helped, but it still required tailoring the entire defensive scheme in a way so that we don't lose games to other teams abusing Thomas defensively. Not sure how well that's going to work in Cleveland with Lue in charge and a guard rotation including Dwyane Wade, JR Smith and Derrick Rose.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 01:03:01 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I wish people would stop this notion that IT was Better than KI because of last year...  IT had a great offense year... 1 special offensive year (which he seemingly sold his soul to have)  But 1 year does not make him better than the Career KI is putting together... If that was the Case then Russ and The Beard are the 2 best players in the NBA..  Forget a Kevin Durant, a Lebron James or a Steph Curry...  Forget great Finals Performances... Noone is better than Noone because of just 1 year..

I just don't understand this logic...

#rantover