Author Topic: Brown: "Celtics will make the 2019 finals. No question.”  (Read 8878 times)

Re: Brown: "Celtics will make the 2019 finals. No question.”
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2018, 09:16:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I wouldn't rely on Brown to back up his words after game 7 last playoffs. It's going to be on others to get the job done
I forgot that 1 game defined a player.

JB dropped 27 in game 6 of that series, which was an elimination game too.
Yeah, Rozier and Brown were the only two players that showed up in that game 6. If just one other guy showed up it would have been Celtics in 6.
Really one game? Let's not forget a few games he did not perform. And game 7 is a lot bigger than game 6

he averaged 19.7 ppg in the eastern conf. finals which lead the team.  he played great def during the whole playoffs.  How is that not performing?  what do you really expect from him?
How about pass the ball to Tatum in game 7

so at first you said he was a no show and wasn't clutch, now you say he is a ball hog and didn't pass the ball to tatum?  So all I get at this point is you don't really like our leading scorer from the ECF from last year.

look Brown played better in last years playoffs than anyone had a right to expect.  his ceiling might even be higher than Tatum's as a two way player.  He isn't a selfish player.  All of this is just non-sense.  Why don't you just sit back and enjoy our two rising stars.  I know I will.
When did I say that?

I like Brown what I am saying is he isn't the guy to back up a guarantee. He talked last year a few times before games in which he didn't play well in. In game 7 he dropped the ball on both sides of the court. I could careless about just scoring. It's talking when you aren't known for backing things up. I don't like it.
So, Brown is what he is, and will never improve?  Didn't he take a leap from rookie to soph season?  I think it probable that Jaylen is thinking very hard about his mistakes in the ECF and is dedicated to being better.  His proclamation about the Finals is perfectly fine in a league built on confidence.  This could be his way to put pressure on himself to improve.  If there's anything I've learned about Brown is that he wants to be better, he knows he has the talent, and will put in the work required.
Again... Brown talked last year and things didn't go too well.

In what world is playing 7 games in the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward "things didn't go well"?
Based on his words no they didn't

what words are you talking about?  what things didn't go well?

can you give us a direct quote, a link or something supporting your view that Brown promised more than he delivered?  Seriously, because I don't remember a 'we are going to the finals' or 'we are taking down the warriors' comment from 2nd year Jaylen last year. 

Previously in this thread you also said 'Let's not forget a few games he did not perform'.  Can you tell us what games those are or what that even means??  Because I watched every playoff game and it certainly seemed like Brown was our most or 2nd most consistent player in the playoffs.
Best watch them again or at the very least check the box scores

You mean like the box scores where Brown lead our team in scoring in the ECF?

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3917376/jaylen-brown

yeah I thought so...
Like that field goal % and the free throws and getting owned by Korver

That wasn't what you were talking about.  You said Jaylen was making statements that he couldn't back up.  That was your WHOLE unsupported argument.  What about that?
You are completely shifting the goal posts.

I agree for one short stretch Korver played good D on brown and SO WHAT?
So what?! What I have been saying is that he isn't the man and  he shouldnt be makein checks he can't cash based on what happened last year. I'm not moving the goal post you guys are.

Sorry, you are the one that made these statements.  No one else is saying this about Brown.  It isn't on us to prove your umm 'theory', it is on you. 

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I wouldn't rely on Brown to back up his words after game 7 last playoffs. It's going to be on others to get the job done

Yeah, Rozier and Brown were the only two players that showed up in that game 6. If just one other guy showed up it would have been Celtics in 6.
Really one game? Let's not forget a few games he did not perform. And game 7 is a lot bigger than game 6

he averaged 19.7 ppg in the eastern conf. finals which lead the team.  he played great def during the whole playoffs.  How is that not performing?  what do you really expect from him?

so at first you said he was a no show and wasn't clutch, now you say he is a ball hog and didn't pass the ball to tatum?  So all I get at this point is you don't really like our leading scorer from the ECF from last year.

look Brown played better in last years playoffs than anyone had a right to expect.  his ceiling might even be higher than Tatum's as a two way player.  He isn't a selfish player.  All of this is just non-sense.  Why don't you just sit back and enjoy our two rising stars.  I know I will.
When did I say that?

I like Brown what I am saying is he isn't the guy to back up a guarantee. He talked last year a few times before games in which he didn't play well in. In game 7 he dropped the ball on both sides of the court. I could careless about just scoring. It's talking when you aren't known for backing things up. I don't like it.
So, Brown is what he is, and will never improve?  Didn't he take a leap from rookie to soph season?  I think it probable that Jaylen is thinking very hard about his mistakes in the ECF and is dedicated to being better.  His proclamation about the Finals is perfectly fine in a league built on confidence.  This could be his way to put pressure on himself to improve.  If there's anything I've learned about Brown is that he wants to be better, he knows he has the talent, and will put in the work required.

In what world is playing 7 games in the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward "things didn't go well"?

what words are you talking about?  can you give us a quote, a link or something supporting your view that Brown promised more than he delivered?  Seriously, because I don't remember a 'we are going to the finals' or 'we are taking down the warriors' comments from Jaylen last year.
Don't you watch post game interviews? That's what I am talking about where he talked about handling business and playing better and sucking the very next game.

I'm not making stuff up or hating on Brown. Just point out last year he talked and didn't back it up. If the whole forum wants to get upset about that don't blame me blame Brown not coming through because I'm calling him out on talk. Talk means nothing just ask Embid right..

Look if you don't have something concrete you can point to about this it isn't my fault.  I am not the one making the claims that Jaylen was talking and not backing it up. 

When you don't at least have a quote or something then this whole thing just seems like subjective opinion.  I have posted a ton of stats explaining that Jaylen was excellent in the playoffs.  He played great, it is a fact. 

I personally don't watch every post game interview because I can't.  So if he said something really cocky that he didn't back up with his play then you should all let us know.

But if you want to want to hang all this on a super generic 'we have to handle our business better' comment that literally EVERY guy on the team would make, that is really weak.
How the hell am I supposed to search post game links in a timely fashion. Id spend hours to get it. No thanks.

And you have to be kidding me with that cop-out that everyone is guilty of generic quotes. If it was generic I wouldn't be complaining nor is his current comments generic

It isn't hard to search the web to support your argument...if it is true.  If you are spouting off a lot of opinion, yeah it might be harder to make your point.

How about this?  A lot of great articles on how well Brown played in the 2018 playoffs.

https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-04-18-jaylen-brown-has-historic-playoff-performance/

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/4/20/17262160/the-playoff-growth-of-jaylen-brown-boston-celtics-2018-nba-playoffs

https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Bears-in-the-Big-Leagues-Jaylen-Brown-continues-to-shine-in-the-Eastern-Conference-Finals-118278153/

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/04/24/jaylen-brown-could-join-an-exclusive-list-in-celtics-history

http://basketballsocietyonline.com/jaylen-brown-star-celtics-playoffs
Lol please we are giving him a pass as a young player? Like we gave Embid a pass? If you talk you best come out on top

Again you are shifting the goal posts.  When was anyone saying anything about Embiid?  The comments critical of your statements were all about Brown.  No one is giving Brown a pass, he made mistakes in the playoffs, but he and Tatum were our best players. 

AGAIN, what big statement did Jaylen make that he didn't back up?? 
Leading scorer for us in the ECF, played through a tough hamstring injury.  2nd leading scorer in the playoffs for us just barely behind Tatum.  Youngest player with a 30 point game in the playoffs ever for the C's.  He did it twice.

He made multiple statments that the issue here. They were dumb and this one is too because he isn't the leader of this team. And you keep pointing out leading in scoring, news flash he didn't even score that much in comparison to the elite players in the postseason. That again is the point, Brown isn't the one to talk. He isn't elite he isn't the best player on the team. He is like 4th or 5th best and should shut his mouth till he proves other wise.

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

can you give us a direct quote, a link or something supporting your view that Brown promised more than he delivered?  Seriously, because I don't remember a 'we are going to the finals' or 'we are taking down the warriors' comment from 2nd year Jaylen last year. 

Previously in this thread you also said 'Let's not forget a few games he did not perform'.  Can you tell us what games those are or what that even means??  Because I watched every playoff game and it certainly seemed like Brown was our most or 2nd most consistent player in the playoffs.

yeah I thought so...

That wasn't what you were talking about.  You said Jaylen was making statements that he couldn't back up.  That was your WHOLE unsupported argument.  What about that?

So what?! What I have been saying is that he isn't the man and  he shouldnt be makein checks he can't cash based on what happened last year. I'm not moving the goal post you guys are.

Then please tell us all what statement Brown made and how he didn't live up to it?  Your arguments are nonsense. 

wth 'makein checks he can't cash'? lol...really?
Watch the post game interviews

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Sorry, you are the one that made these statements.  No one else is saying this about Brown.  It isn't on us to prove your umm 'theory', it is on you.
Watch his post game interviews last playoffs

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

When did I say that?

what words are you talking about?  can you give us a quote, a link or something supporting your view that Brown promised more than he delivered?  Seriously, because I don't remember a 'we are going to the finals' or 'we are taking down the warriors' comments from Jaylen last year.
Don't you watch post game interviews? That's what I am talking about where he talked about handling business and playing better and sucking the very next game.

I'm not making stuff up or hating on Brown. Just point out last year he talked and didn't back it up. If the whole forum wants to get upset about that don't blame me blame Brown not coming through because I'm calling him out on talk. Talk means nothing just ask Embid right..

Look if you don't have something concrete you can point to about this it isn't my fault.  I am not the one making the claims that Jaylen was talking and not backing it up. 

When you don't at least have a quote or something then this whole thing just seems like subjective opinion.  I have posted a ton of stats explaining that Jaylen was excellent in the playoffs.  He played great, it is a fact. 

I personally don't watch every post game interview because I can't.  So if he said something really cocky that he didn't back up with his play then you should all let us know.

But if you want to want to hang all this on a super generic 'we have to handle our business better' comment that literally EVERY guy on the team would make, that is really weak.
How the hell am I supposed to search post game links in a timely fashion. Id spend hours to get it. No thanks.

And you have to be kidding me with that cop-out that everyone is guilty of generic quotes. If it was generic I wouldn't be complaining nor is his current comments generic

It isn't hard to search the web to support your argument...if it is true.  If you are spouting off a lot of opinion, yeah it might be harder to make your point.

How about this?  A lot of great articles on how well Brown played in the 2018 playoffs.

https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-04-18-jaylen-brown-has-historic-playoff-performance/

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/4/20/17262160/the-playoff-growth-of-jaylen-brown-boston-celtics-2018-nba-playoffs

https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Bears-in-the-Big-Leagues-Jaylen-Brown-continues-to-shine-in-the-Eastern-Conference-Finals-118278153/

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/04/24/jaylen-brown-could-join-an-exclusive-list-in-celtics-history

Lol please we are giving him a pass as a young player? Like we gave Embid a pass? If you talk you best come out on top

Again you are shifting the goal posts.  When was anyone saying anything about Embiid?  The comments critical of your statements were all about Brown.  No one is giving Brown a pass, he made mistakes in the playoffs, but he and Tatum were our best players. 

Leading scorer for us in the ECF, played through a tough hamstring injury.  2nd leading scorer in the playoffs for us just barely behind Tatum.  Youngest player with a 30 point game in the playoffs ever for the C's.  He did it twice.

He made multiple statments that the issue here. They were dumb and this one is too because he isn't the leader of this team. And you keep pointing out leading in scoring, news flash he didn't even score that much in comparison to the elite players in the postseason. That again is the point, Brown isn't the one to talk. He isn't elite he isn't the best player on the team. He is like 4th or 5th best and should shut his mouth till he proves other wise.

What statements?  For the last time, what did Jaylen say last year in the playoffs that he didn't back up with his play?   

When did I ever say he was better than all the leading 'elite' players in the NBA?  I never said that.  Again you are shifting the goal posts and avoiding supporting your point.  I don't think anyone here believes Brown is at an 'elite' level yet, and NO ONE said that.

Look I am done with this back and forth, you can go back to thinking Jaylen should "shut his mouth' for imaginary things that he said last year that you can't remember....and I will go back to looking forward to next year. lol.

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Then please tell us all what statement Brown made and how he didn't live up to it?  Your arguments are nonsense. 

I did. I watched just about every post game. Switched it immediately to the local channel to catch commentary and post game press conferences. Brown never said anything more than the usual platitudes about needing to come out aggressive, and bring it and play well and stuff like that. He never made a promise or guarantee of anything.

You know for a guy that was craving for the Celtics to blow it up and draft young guys for years on this site, I find it peculiar that when you finally have an outstanding young guy, you're making stuff up to take him down

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2018, 09:38:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

What statements?  For the last time, what did Jaylen say last year in the playoffs that he didn't back up with his play?   

When did I ever say he was better than all the leading 'elite' players in the NBA?  I never said that.  Again you are shifting the goal posts and avoiding supporting your point.  I don't think anyone here believes Brown is at an 'elite' level yet, and NO ONE said that.

Look I am done with this back and forth, you can go back to thinking Jaylen should "shut his mouth' for imaginary things that he said last year that you can't remember....and I will go back to looking forward to next year. lol.
I told you watch the post games

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

I did. I watched just about every post game. Switched it immediately to the local channel to catch commentary and post game press conferences. Brown never said anything more than the usual platitudes about needing to come out aggressive, and bring it and play well and stuff like that. He never made a promise or guarantee of anything.

You know for a guy that was craving for the Celtics to blow it up and draft young guys for years on this site, I find it peculiar that when you finally have an outstanding young guy, you're making stuff up to take him down
Sure now it's the usual statements... hello that's still talk. When he says he is going to play better and show up and he doesn't that is not backing up his words!

And I don't advocate blowing anything up unless things are hopeless. Titles are the goal

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2018, 09:53:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Sure now it's the usual statements... hello that's still talk. When he says he is going to play better and show up and he doesn't that is not backing up his words!

And I don't advocate blowing anything up unless things are hopeless. Titles are the goal
So you are finally admitting he didn't say anything more than usual stuff about playing hard and doing what he could and you're mad that he had a bad game 7. Okay got it.

No more to see here. We got the whole story now.

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2018, 09:57:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

So you are finally admitting he didn't say anything more than usual stuff about playing hard and doing what he could and you're mad that he had a bad game 7. Okay got it.

Lol no nice try. It's one thing to say, "we have to be better" it's another saying "we will be better". Didn't reports also have  statement's saying Brown was claiming to want the Cavs. This guy isn't the guy to be making guarantees or promises

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Lol no nice try. It's one thing to say, "we have to be better" it's another saying "we will be better". Didn't reports also have  statement's saying Brown was claiming to want the Cavs. This guy isn't the guy to be making guarantees or promises
Except he didn't do any of that. You're just making stuff up.

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2018, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Nope

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2018, 03:37:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

When did I say that?

yeah I thought so...

Nope
Welp
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA