Author Topic: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...  (Read 40935 times)

Re: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
My best memories in high school ball were:

-Junior year, mid-season I had 2 straight games of making a half-courter at the halftime buzzer. 

-Senior year I missed the first couple games with a knee injury i suffered scrimmaging.  I was super bummed because I had been named a captain and couldn't play.  My first game back was against a crappy team.  I somehow scored the first 11 points of the game.  I believe it was 2 3's an and-1 and a driving layup.  The people at the game were going nuts - what a great feeling.  I think I ended the game with like 15 points tops  :)   Good times though. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
9 steals, 9 assists (4 points, haha).  My best statistical line playing organized ball...

we were playing a 2-3 zone and their point guard kept swinging the ball to the corner from waaaaaay too far out.  I would just jump the pass and outlet to our PG for an easy layup - hence the 9 assists, haha.

my 2 most memorable plays also center around defense...

tie score in a high school game in the closing minutes, we inbound the ball after they score and our PG gets stripped by their PG and best player on their team.  I'm the only defender left as he breaks towards the basket and somehow i channelled my inner james posey and slid infront of him, drawing a charge.  probably the only charge i ever took voluntarily, haha.

college pickup game i had a pass stolen and the kid kind of lazily jogs towards the basket for a layup...i was having a bad game so i sprinted back on D and took a good angle...never been a good jumper but i guess i got to the ball at the peak of my jump because i swatted it so it went off the backboard with a nice thump sound to go with it.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2009, 01:43:16 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I held David Price scoreless in an IM game at Vandy against the baseball team.  Granted, he had just signed with the Rays and didn't want to get hurt, so he refused to run, jump, or do anything but chuck up 3 pointers, but my staunch "I won't defend you if you don't defend me" policy on defense paid off dividends that day.  However, that year's #2 overall pick Pedro Alvarez kneed me in the back of the head with a vicious off the backboard dunk which made me feel a lot less confident about my skills.  I think I finished with about 10 points in a game we lost 75-30. 

I also held all-SEC cornerback DJ Moore to just 8 points in a 3 on 3 tournament where games were to 11.  I'm pretty proud that he didn't put all 11 on me.

CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
My little league baseball team won the championship one year.

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I think Jack Byrnes needs to hook some of you guys up to his lie detector machine...

"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
I think Jack Byrnes needs to hook some of you guys up to his lie detector machine...

My other most memorable moment is when I did a 360 windmill dunk from the free throw line over three 7 foot guys to win a game in overtime.

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

My other most memorable moment is when I did a 360 windmill dunk from the free throw line over three 7 foot guys to win a game in overtime.

i was there...3rd row...i threw popcorn in the air and nearly choked on my hot dog.  it was the most amazing thing i've ever seen in my life!!

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum

i was there...3rd row...i threw popcorn in the air and nearly choked on my hot dog.  it was the most amazing thing i've ever seen in my life!!
You're one of many my friend.

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
friday i had 25 points 12 rebounds 8 assists 5 blocks and 4 steals this is coming from a point guard whos 13 playing with kids a year older haha

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »

Offline LadiesManSL

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
When I was in 6th grade I was playing a playoff game, in the first 3 quarters I was playing absolutely horrible. I had 2 points and probably 3 turnovers, and even got a technical foul.

We were down by a lot, I forget how much, then in the fourth and final quarter (quarters were only 8 minutes long in this league) I went on a tear and scored 14 points on 7-7 shooting. We mounted a huge comeback, with me leading it. We ended up losing- but then the assistant coach checked the score and we were actually supposed to win by 1. I was so angry. Then I was watching a basketball game a few weeks later and seeing Jordan score 11 points in a quarter. I thought to myself "even Jordan can't score 14 in a quarter sometimes" haha.

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »

Offline LadiesManSL

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
And actually 2 weeks ago playing for my company team.. our leading scorer was out, so I knew I had to be the number 1 option. I ended with 31 points, 6- 12 from behind the arc. I scored 19 in the first half but got tired and only scored 12 in the second. I probably had about 5 rebounds and a handful of assists. We lost though 79 - 64.

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
My sophomore year, I didn't quite make JV, but there were enough players at my high school (prep) to make a thirds team.

I don't quite remember my stats line for the night, but I do remember having a great all-around game on the road one time. I distinctly remember having the ball in my hands as the first half winded down: I checked the clock, took one dribble, stepped behind the 3-point line, and calmly canned it at the buzzer. After the game, the opposing coach shook my hand and said, "Exceptional game, #32." One of my classmates who was standing behind me in line and overheard that would bust that line out periodically over the course of the season.

Another memory: road trip, arriving at the opponent's gym to discover I had, inexplicably, forgotten to pack my sneakers. Had to borrow them from a teammate.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

Offline Danimals

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
In a basketball game?

I ask because I'm an arrogant tool and I really just wanted an excuse to tell you all that in my game last night, I scored 34 points while grabbing 8 boards and dishing out 7 assists. I also really wanted to make it known that in addition to those numbers, I had a blocked shot and 3 steals, one of which came with 30 seconds left and my team up by 2. Ballgame.

Sorry. I'm done tooting my own horn. I'd like to hear about other CBer's and their epic performances, now.

So tell me, C's blog, what's the best game you've ever played?

What was the best play of your career?

Did anyone ever triple-double?

Dunk in traffic?

Block a shot to save a game?

Let me hear the glory stories!

/Rondo

Are we talking NBA 2K9 here?  ;D

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
All of the newcomers are posting in here... I guess people would rather brag about themselves, or possibly make up stories(a few people) than actually talk about the Celtics.

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2009, 10:21:51 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
i think some people here may have their pants on fire...