Author Topic: If we change starting lineup, who will play in the final minutes in the playoff  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
The way I see it, these 5 guys are our 5 best players, they are our current and future, they have to gel. We can insert Smart or Baynes into the starting lineup to win more games, but if these 5 can not play effectively together, we are doomed.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would assume it would maybe be matchup dependent, but CBS will probably go with KI/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford. Maybe Smart in for Brown if he doesn't regain form.

When that lineup is fully firing they're frightening, like what they did to Denver in the first quarter. Just need consistency
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'd like to start Baynes and move Hayward to the bench for now.  Hopefully, Hayward will be back to playing like his old self by the playoffs. 

As far as finishing games, I agree with gouki88.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The way I see it, these 5 guys are our 5 best players, they are our current and future, they have to gel. We can insert Smart or Baynes into the starting lineup to win more games, but if these 5 can not play effectively together, we are doomed.

just because they are the best players does not mean they should all be starting. There is a logjam at the forward position. JT and GH play the same position therefore there is a redundancy. Sit one of them, at this point I do not care who, just stop this positionless basketball bull. Problem is you have these small forward playing means you are undersized at power forward, and to make it worse it kicks Horford who should be  your power forward to center. Makes for a rather small front court that gets abused inside. No wonder they are not getting free throws. Small team means no inside game, no inside game means no fouls by opponents. No foul on opponents means no free throws for you, and no foul trouble for opponents. No foul trouble for opponents means you do not get to feed on their bench. You dont get to feed on opponents bench means you are not exploiting your depth advantage.

It is time to get back to fundamental basketball which is still a big man's game. Get a true center or play RGW, put Horford at PF, I really dont care who you start at small forward between Tatum and Hayward as long as you start Tatum, Kyrie at point and Brown at the two should be your starting lineup.

First substitution assuming no early fouls is a wholesale substitution of Smart, Rosier, Hayward, Morris for Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, and Horford.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I'd like to start Baynes and move Hayward to the bench for now.  Hopefully, Hayward will be back to playing like his old self by the playoffs. 

As far as finishing games, I agree with gouki88.

I agree as well. Maybe move Hayward to the bench for now (same with Brown imho), start Baynes and Smart. BUT it is imperative that we still give minutes to that lineup, because we need to build chemistry.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
i have been advocating for bringing Hayward off the bench from the summer and starting a big in his place.  Unfortunately, we don't really have another starting caliber true big.  Morris is starting caliber (barely) but not a true big.  Baynes is a true big but not starting caliber.  Losing Theis added to the lack of big issue but he is not the type of starting big I would like to have either.

As far as Smart for Brown.  I have always been happy with Smart off the bench and he seems to be happy with that too.  Smart tends to be on the floor at the end of games either for Brown or otherwise.  Brown seems to be playing hurt.  If that is the case, they should hold him out and play Smart and Rozier.  If Brown is healthy, I have no problem starting him and don't think it would help much to mess with Smart's rotation.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
i have been advocating for bringing Hayward off the bench from the summer and starting a big in his place.  Unfortunately, we don't really have another starting caliber true big.  Morris is starting caliber (barely) but not a true big.  Baynes is a true big but not starting caliber.  Losing Theis added to the lack of big issue but he is not the type of starting big I would like to have either.

As far as Smart for Brown.  I have always been happy with Smart off the bench and he seems to be happy with that too.  Smart tends to be on the floor at the end of games either for Brown or otherwise.  Brown seems to be playing hurt.  If that is the case, they should hold him out and play Smart and Rozier.  If Brown is healthy, I have no problem starting him and don't think it would help much to mess with Smart's rotation.

I like the idea of bringing Hayward off the bench.  Brad could alternate between starting Baynes and Theis depending on match-ups.  Horford benefited the most from having another big with him for the first 5 minutes of the game. 

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I like the idea of bringing Hayward off the bench.  Brad could alternate between starting Baynes and Theis depending on match-ups.  Horford benefited the most from having another big with him for the first 5 minutes of the game.
I had been calling for that since the offseason, but people waved me off with the reasoning that a max player could not come off the bench ::)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I had been calling for that since the offseason, but people waved me off with the reasoning that a max player could not come off the bench ::)

Be patient. Our ''start Baynes, move Horford to PF and let Hayward be the 6th man'' group is getting larger by the day.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Offense (and the main final minutes lineup) Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford

Defense (When we are playing the take a timeout after a stop or defensive rebound game) Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford/Morris or Baynes

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Be patient. Our ''start Baynes, move Horford to PF and let Hayward be the 6th man'' group is getting larger by the day.

It's growing because people are getting impatient with Hayward. I'm one of them, there is no guarantee he returns to his old self. To win a championship that will have to happen though. CBS is juggling knives right now.