Author Topic: Bradley & Lee  (Read 6000 times)

Bradley & Lee
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:11:25 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
We will miss a lot by not having Rondo on the floor. But one area I think we gain big time is with the perimeter D that Bradley and Lee play;

1. They take no plays off on D
2. Bradley can bully point guards rather than get banged up by bigger twos every game.
3. Lee is a better fit defensively for most twos and though a bit smallish, he's generally quicker than them.

I love Rondo but one of the biggest things that bothered me about his game is that he often times played disinterested, matador D and his man waltzed by him a lot, with generally very negative consequences for our overall team D.

I'm interested to see if Bradley and Lee can sustain the effort and if they can get some real rhythm together defensively. If they can it could go a long way towards us becoming a lock down team defensively again.

Now, if we only had a young 7 foot center to play along side of KG as the second line of defense after bradley and Lee's harassing perimeter D.  :)

It would be great if Melo were ready...   

Re: Bradley & Lee
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Defense is dandy. Except, we need to prove we have a guy who can take the ball across center court without tripping over his own legs. And preferably taking less than 10 seconds to get us into an offensive set.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't understand Doc/Danny wanting to give Bradley as much PG responsibilities as he'd been given.

Lee, Terry, Barbosa are all superior ball-handlers and take care of the ball much better.

Keep Avery at his role, nothing has to change for him.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
They need to play ball on both side of the court.
They must improve their offense- specially those wide open 3s.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
They play great defense.  Terry and Barbosa play great offense.  I like the rotation, but its not championship-caliber without Rondo.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
They play great defense.  Terry and Barbosa play great offense.  I like the rotation, but its not championship-caliber without Rondo.

Great defense by Terry and Barbosa is a bit overboard. They've been active, but still quite flawed.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Great defense by Terry and Barbosa is a bit overboard. They've been active, but still quite flawed.

I think you misread.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:36:56 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
Yeah, agreed on the offensive end, but...

The defensive pressure that Bradley and Lee apply is impressive. I also like that Bradley can bully Point guards physically rather than being undersized at the two.

I would prefer we stay with the Bradley / Lee starting duo, let the team manage the ball handling as a unit.

I also think practice makes perfect and both Bradley and lee will gradually improve with there ability to get us into our offense.

If they have a night where they're really struggling, bring in Terry or Barbosa earlier.

All that being said, if, for example, Calderon became available, he would be nice to have in the rotation as a ball handler / play maker. 

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
Or if we could pick up a more pure point fairly cheaply via trade I wouldn't be opposed to it.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think you misread.

Oh, completely lol

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We will miss a lot by not having Rondo on the floor. But one area I think we gain big time is with the perimeter D that Bradley and Lee play;

2. Bradley can bully point guards rather than get banged up by bigger twos every game.
3. Lee is a better fit defensively for most twos and though a bit smallish, he's generally quicker than them.

I love Rondo but one of the biggest things that bothered me about his game is that he often times played disinterested, matador D and his man waltzed by him a lot, with generally very negative consequences for our overall team D.

People here are wildly overstating any issues on defense Rondo has.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Lee is not really undersized.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01:22 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
He seems slightly undersized to me at the two but if not, even better...

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He seems slightly undersized to me at the two but if not, even better...

Compared to Bradley, he's big at least.
He's a solid 6-4 without shoes I believe.

Big enough for most SGs and enough to be a SF at times.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

People here are wildly overstating any issues on defense Rondo has.

I've watched pretty much every play of every game and I don't think how bad Rondo's defense has been can be wildly overstated.  It is dreadful.  He is a turnstile.