Author Topic: Why do people keep talking about trading Avery Bradley  (Read 9567 times)

Re: Why do people keep talking about trading Avery Bradley
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Bradley hasn't been living up to his potential in a while. If I recall correctly, his hype coming out of college was that he was a great athlete. Doc was able to help him become the "Elite" defender he is today. I still think he is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league but with the direction I believe this team is headed, we don't have room to start 2 defensive minded guards (AB + Smart). So yes, I have been talking about trading AB but at this point, his value is no where near as high as it was before.
I have not been a big Bradley fan.  I was thinking of a quote by Red about an acre of performance being worth more than a world of potential...and I am going to restate it to my own feelings...about AB and a lot of the moves the Celtics have made over the past few years:  "Those who value potential over accomplishment will be watching potential for a long time."   Soooo...draft on Danny. and to a lot of the rest of you, in the words of my mother, "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."  I hope you are all right and Danny can pull another rabbit out of his hat....but somehow I have trouble believing...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!