Author Topic: You're LeBron, what do you do next?  (Read 3613 times)

You're LeBron, what do you do next?
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Imagine you're a Cavs fan, and yes you finally won the championship rings. All is well. But ultimately, you have to be miffed because LBJ holds all the cards at this point. With his NTC and his player option, LBJ can once again leave the same franchise that was his hometown and his birthplace, but he doesn't owe them absolutely nothing.

It's no wonder with all the discombogulation and uncertainty, why someone like Kyrie would want to leave.

Is it so hard to just come out as a player and make his decision? I mean at this point there's only four players that LeBron wants to ideally play with. He's playing with one of them, and the other two, (or three if you consider Paul George one of them,) are scattered in the West.

LBJ says he wants to surpass MJ, but ideally he would need a team that can beat the GSW. Which is it? Teaming up with Chris Paul, Wade, and Melo still wouldn't be good enough to beat GSW. So what do you think his next move would be, and why the heck doesn't he just come out and say his intentions? Would it hinder his gameplay, make him lose endorsements? If he does the unthinkable, and leave Cleveland for the 2nd time, I seriously think his legacy would be tarnished and ridiculed and everyone would say he would never be better than MJ, because MJ wouldn't ever do what he did. Thoughts?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: You're LeBron, what do you do next?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
If he goes to the Lakers, then frankly I think his legacy takes a hit, even if he wins a title there. He's also being put into the mix of Jordan vs. Lebron AND Kobe vs. Lebron, and if Lebron goes to LAL... then...

But if he goes to Houston to simply create a super-team, that would take a hit on his legacy as well. Ultimately, leaving the Cavaliers a 2nd time won't bode well for the King, even if he goes on to win another 1-2 rings elsewhere.

I think it's likely if he does leave, he's going either Sixers or Lakers, BUT I think even Lebron knows that going to LAL will not get him even a Finals appearance in a LOADED West with the way that team is constructed at the moment, and he'd need a 2nd max player to join him (like a Cousins). He could join the Sixers but him and Simmons would kind of look redundant honestly.

My Prediction: He surprises us all and STAYS in Cleveland.

Not his best option but if he really wants to try and surpass Jordan and keep his legacy/reputation, then he stays in CLE. Joining another elite team to become a superteam or going to a place like the Lakers (where Kobe is worshipped) kind of defeats that entire purpose.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If he goes to the Lakers, then frankly I think his legacy takes a hit, even if he wins a title there. He's also being put into the mix of Jordan vs. Lebron AND Kobe vs. Lebron, and if Lebron goes to LAL... then...

But if he goes to Houston to simply create a super-team, that would take a hit on his legacy as well. Ultimately, leaving the Cavaliers a 2nd time won't bode well for the King, even if he goes on to win another 1-2 rings elsewhere.

I think it's likely if he does leave, he's going either Sixers or Lakers, BUT I think even Lebron knows that going to LAL will not get him even a Finals appearance in a LOADED West with the way that team is constructed at the moment, and he'd need a 2nd max player to join him (like a Cousins). He could join the Sixers but him and Simmons would kind of look redundant honestly.

Not his best option but if he really wants to try and surpass Jordan and keep his legacy/reputation, then he stays in CLE. Joining another elite team to become a superteam or going to a place like the Lakers (where Kobe is worshipped) kind of defeats that entire purpose.

TP to your response.

I can see and agree with your posts for the most part, but I guess my issue with LBJ is why he's just not upfront about his decisions. Other than that, I do think there's a a chance he does stay. But just like Melo, you hear LBJ talk about his future outside of basketball and the influence his children has on his careers longevity. Doesn't sound like a guy that is too easily pressed about whether or not his legacy is in question. He's certainly a surefire HoFer, and has enough accolades to propel him in the top 10 at this point.

I still think he wants to build a super team with his friends. But we will see whst happens!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think he stays in Cleveland too.  That would let him retain what little integrity he hasn’t left.  That’s got to mean something.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Stay in Cleveland.

If he's really that committed in winning, then there is nowhere else he could go, unless he goes to a contender for the minimum.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

TP to your response.

I can see and agree with your posts for the most part, but I guess my issue with LBJ is why he's just not upfront about his decisions. Other than that, I do think there's a a chance he does stay. But just like Melo, you hear LBJ talk about his future outside of basketball and the influence his children has on his careers longevity. Doesn't sound like a guy that is too easily pressed about whether or not his legacy is in question. He's certainly a surefire HoFer, and has enough accolades to propel him in the top 10 at this point.

I still think he wants to build a super team with his friends. But we will see whst happens!
This a certainly part of why Kyrie left.  He knew there was a chance LBJ would leave, so he took control of his own destiny.

Now think about this:  What about LBJ's other teammates from last year?  Wouldn't they also feel miffed at LBJ's inability to commit to Cleveland?  If the leader can't commit, why should they?  Is it a root behind their current lack commitment to play defense?  It's just a wild theory that occurred to me after those really bad couple of losses lately.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Make a video of working out.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Durant messed up LBJ's plan to dominate with Cleveland.

Funny, but it now appears that GSW needed Durant despite their recent successes. Durant going to GSW is the singular move that put all of LBJ's plans in jeopardy.

His best move is to stay in Cleveland and just accept his championship winning days are probably over, or he could say pretty please to Kyrie and ask if he can join Kyrie's team. LeBron joins Boston and Celtics run off about 3 straight.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Leaving Cleveland a second time would be tough, for both him and the city/fans.  I've not seen anything he has said in public about possibly leaving (if anybody has, please pass it along...maybe I just missed it?)

IT's recovery and possibly bringing in someone like George in the off season may be enough to convince Lebron to continue to chase the rings and finish his career in Cleveland.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 12:44:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Funny, but it now appears that GSW needed Durant despite their recent successes. Durant going to GSW is the singular move that put all of LBJ's plans in jeopardy.

His best move is to stay in Cleveland and just accept his championship winning days are probably over, or he could say pretty please to Kyrie and ask if he can join Kyrie's team. LeBron joins Boston and Celtics run off about 3 straight.

That would be hilarious LOL.

We'd also get Banners 18, 19, 20 and 21 as a result!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
enroll my kids in the school we ve already chosen .

Sign the max at La.   startworking on business deals ASAP .....local , state , national

b egin the next Laker whoop la ....party time .....Hollywood parties with all the celebs ....Jack of course .....LOL

Leave Cleveland HIgH and Dry

and in tears

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Retire.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Retire.

yep what I would do ....but ...pros have a hard time walking away and say n aimve done enough. 

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

That would be hilarious LOL.

We'd also get Banners 18, 19, 20 and 21 as a result!  ;D

Actually that was shannon Sharps advice to Lebron ...just join the Celtics and win three rings

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I just hope he stays in CLE for 1 or 2 years...

Give Kyrie a shot at going THROUGH him to the Finals.

Give BOS a shot at beating CLE (with LeBron) at FULL STRENGTH, with Hayward.

Don't leave CLE just yet, LB.

Besides -

...him leaving CLE would be a blow to Lance.