Author Topic: Who should we get with the MLE?  (Read 6216 times)

Re: Who should we get with the MLE?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 08:06:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kornet is sacred to Brad so he’s not getting moved. Celtics stand pat and go with what they have. No one else is brought in.

Going to get the old “I believe in Sam Hauser, Luke Kornet” speech we got last year.

Brogdan, PP, Hauser, Brissett and Al/Rob will be your bench.

Kornet, Davison, Walsh, Banton and champaigne get cheerleading duty in games.

Winning 50 games will be a tough task this season with this bench (especially if brogdan is healthy)

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2023, 08:10:47 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kornet is sacred to Brad so he’s not getting moved. Celtics stand pat and go with what they have. No one else is brought in.

Going to get the old “I believe in Sam Hauser, Luke Kornet” speech we got last year.

Winning 50 games will be a tough task this season with this bench (especially if brogdan is healthy)

I actually do believe in Hauser.  Now it's time to get Joe on board.

I worry about Pritchard, but we'll see.

But Kornet, Banton, Champagnie, Davison and Walsh are not ready to contribute on an NBA roster.  And I've got my doubts about Brissett.  To put that "talent" in perspective, I don't think they'd win a G-League championship if they were the core. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2023, 08:12:14 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Brad could keep Kornet and still clear $400k, by releasing him and then resigning him to a new one-year deal, if you want to be that cynical.  He even gets more money in the process, so it’s a win-win.  It’s a pretty safe assumption to assume we can get a little higher than where we’re at right now.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2023, 08:13:43 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

But Kornet, Banton, Champagnie, Davison and Walsh are not ready to contribute on an NBA roster.  And I've got my doubts about Brissett.

I think you’re very wrong on Davison — he just doesn’t have a path to minutes unless Pritchard is moved.  He’s ready to be a 3rd-string PG.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2023, 08:17:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

But Kornet, Banton, Champagnie, Davison and Walsh are not ready to contribute on an NBA roster.  And I've got my doubts about Brissett.

I think you’re very wrong on Davison — he just doesn’t have a path to minutes unless Pritchard is moved.  He’s ready to be a 3rd-string PG.

I'd like to see him get another year in the G-League.  I don't think he's an NBA player right now.  I suspect he will be in a year or two, but I wouldn't want him playing much more than fringe minutes.  I feel similarly about Walsh:  solid bench prospect eventually, but not yet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2023, 08:19:53 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Anyway, to answer the original question, the guy out there I'd like us to sign, and would be willing to offer more than the minimum, is Oubre.  He's flawed, but for around $4 million he'd easily be worth it.

Then I'd ideally fill the roster out with minimum guys like Green and Biyombo.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Of all the bench guys brought in I like Walsh the best. But he’s 19 and struggles shooting. I think he is a better rebounder than grant and will play just as hard.

He is certainly more athletic. I’d like to see him get rotational minutes over Brissett, who is absolutely terrible on offense and can’t do much of anything to help you win.

But joe’s not going to play Walsh at all and he will be in Maine with Davison.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2023, 08:37:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Absurdly negative string of posting from you. Just devoid of rationality. We’re going to be worse than last seasons Cavs? Are you actually serious?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2023, 08:38:34 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Anyway, to answer the original question, the guy out there I'd like us to sign, and would be willing to offer more than the minimum, is Oubre.  He's flawed, but for around $4 million he'd easily be worth it.

Oubre is my other guy out there.  He drives me crazy tho so he’ll never be my first choice.  He can win you a game when he’s hot, but he can lose you a game when he’s cold but thinks he’s hot.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2023, 09:08:11 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Can someone explain to me the whole 1st apron/2nd apron ramifications?  I was under the impression that the penalties associated with the 2nd apron didn’t take effect until after next season, but Brad’s moves seem to be in order to avoid that 2nd apron.  What does that do in terms of restricting the current moves they can make?

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2023, 09:18:10 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Absurdly negative string of posting from you. Just devoid of rationality. We’re going to be worse than last seasons Cavs? Are you actually serious?

First neither of us know what is going to happen. But I am concerned that Boston has several players that are injury prone thar one or two injuries really hurt this team because they don’t have depth to get through it.

If they are healthy they should win at least 55 games.

I will take the under right now just because we don’t know how hurt brogdan is. We don’t know how Joe will improve this season.

They are certainly a playoff team but last year showed us the season was an absolute slog.

I’m not negative. I still think this team wins the east if healthy. The regular season might not be a masterpiece though

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2023, 09:22:37 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

First neither of us know what is going to happen. But I am concerned that Boston has several players that are injury prone thar one or two injuries really hurt this team because they don’t have depth to get through it.

I will take the under right now just because we don’t know how hurt brogdan is. We don’t know how Joe will improve this season.

They are certainly a playoff team but last year showed us the season was an absolute slog.

I’m not negative. I still think this team wins the east if healthy. The regular season might not be a masterpiece though

how is it not negative to say the team will be lucky to win 50 games? you are basically saying you expect them to possibly be under and a .500 team...

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2023, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

Oubre is my other guy out there.  He drives me crazy tho so he’ll never be my first choice.  He can win you a game when he’s hot, but he can lose you a game when he’s cold but thinks he’s hot.

Thats what you need for a bench scorer though. Those are the type of guys who can win you a playoff game.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2023, 09:28:27 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

how is it not negative to say the team will be lucky to win 50 games? you are basically saying you expect them to possibly be under and a .500 team...

I think they will win 50-57 games if healthy. But it’s going to be tough this season.

And I guess the point is just to make the playoffs right?

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2023, 09:32:00 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Whats happening with Wood?