Author Topic: Fultz still can't shoot  (Read 24725 times)

Re: Fultz still can't shoot
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Thing is watching the videos: sometimes he is hitching badly others not at all, which goes to show how all over the map his form is.  None of them look good either way.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 09:39:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wouldn’t it be ironic if one of our last pieces to one of the worst trade ever produces another one of one of the worst trades ever?

Ainge has passed the point of getting fair value. He will need to overpay in any trade. Even when we think he overpays, we come away impressed with his coup.

If he’s not Executive of the Year, I have no clue who could be. He overhauls the roster, returning just 4 from a conference finals team through two trades few have the cojones to even ponder, let alone pull the trigger on. Which means Stevens needs to be CotY, it should be the first of many. Doing what he has done since losing GH is simply incredible. /tangent
lol ainge is crazy. I can’t imagine how ecstatic he was the day the 1st for 3rd and 2018/2019 pick trade offer came in

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Fultz shot poorly in sixers predraft workout, and the report is he did the same in ours
Ainge saw all of this coming and Sixers are lazy to do their own judgement, now they will suffer from it

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »

Offline estendius

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Well, wait Fultz come back and we can see.

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
“I’m old, & I’ve never experienced anything like this.” -Brett Brown on Markelle Fultz saga.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/sixers-coach-on-markelle-fultzs-form-ive-never-experienced-anything-like-this/amp/

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Is Fultz planning on coming back soon, or are they just going to let him practice his shot in practices/drills for the next few months...  :P

I think if he's not ready, they should just sit him out the rest of the year honestly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:27:16 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2018, 06:30:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
The crazy part about this is how just insanely random it is. Everyone loves Fultz prefraft and then he tinkers with his shot and now he may be a bust. And no, I don't think Ainge saw this all coming. There were reports that the celtics saw ver little difference between Fultz and Tatum, not that they thought Fultz was a bust. They made a good deal, but we got a little lucky that we already had an all NBA pg.

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2018, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Is Fultz planning on coming back soon, or are they just going to let him practice his shot in practices/drills for the next few months...  :P

I think if he's not ready, they should just sit him out the rest of the year honestly.

On the Philly board the fans seem to think it is becoming increasingly likely he misses the whole season.

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 06:55:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

On the Philly board the fans seem to think it is becoming increasingly likely he misses the whole season.

Like I'm not rooting against the guy and I don't have an agenda against him, but YIKES, it doesn't look good for Fultz for the near future at least.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The crazy part about this is how just insanely random it is. Everyone loves Fultz prefraft and then he tinkers with his shot and now he may be a bust. And no, I don't think Ainge saw this all coming. There were reports that the celtics saw ver little difference between Fultz and Tatum, not that they thought Fultz was a bust. They made a good deal, but we got a little lucky that we already had an all NBA pg.
He certainly could not have seen these exact circumstances coming, but he likely saw better intangibles, maybe better work ethic in Tatum over Fultz.  Also, it would not surprise me if he didn’t want to say bad things about Fultz, which would tip his hand.

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2018, 07:09:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So there's this recap of his recent shooting:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2018/01/sixers-notes-markelle-fultz-continues-to-shoot-a-basketball.html

Judging by how one shot looks smooth, and the next one may look as if he's a 12-year old learning how to shoot one-handed, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's all in his head. Wow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Wouldn’t it be ironic if one of our last pieces to one of the worst trade ever produces another one of one of the worst trades ever?

Ainge has passed the point of getting fair value. He will need to overpay in any trade. Even when we think he overpays, we come away impressed with his coup.

If he’s not Executive of the Year, I have no clue who could be. He overhauls the roster, returning just 4 from a conference finals team through two trades few have the cojones to even ponder, let alone pull the trigger on. Which means Stevens needs to be CotY, it should be the first of many. Doing what he has done since losing GH is simply incredible. /tangent

Don't forget the Phoenix/IT trade which was an offshoot of the Brooklyn trade and set up teh Irving trade.

The crazy thing is that, if Fultz does indeed turn out ot be a bust, not only did Danny achieve one of the most remarkable rebuilds of all time, but he also will have potentially damaged or destroyed three of our conference rivals in the process, Brooklyn, Philly, and Cleveland.

This is "There Will Be Blood"-level theft.

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2018, 07:14:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Don't forget the Phoenix/IT trade which was an offshoot of the Brooklyn trade.

The crazy thing is that, if Fultz does indeed turn out ot be a bust, not only did Danny achieve one of the most remarkable rebuilds of all time, but he also will have potentially damaged or destroyed three of our conference rivals in the process, Brooklyn, Philly, and Cleveland.

off-topic, but I really didnt like that movie.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2018, 07:17:01 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

I get that, it's not for everyone.

And it was certainly grim lol

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I get that, it's not for everyone.

And it was certainly grim lol
Daniel Day Lewis is obviously really really incredible in it, but I just didnt like the story.

The milkshake scene I did enjoy. I just didnt like the plot. The guy just get more and more evil for 2.5 hours.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.