Author Topic: Fultz still can't shoot  (Read 24727 times)

Re: Fultz still can't shoot
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We may have traded a bust for the best rookie and we were paid a lotto pick to do this. If fultz ends up a bust, this trade goes down as lopsided as that Brooklyn trade

Completely agree.  I have already said that if that Lakers pick convey's, this trade will eclipse the Brooklyn trade as Danny's greatest move ever.  The Brooklyn trade required luck.  This move was pure talent assessment.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
it doesnt make sense why he is still not playing. shoulder impingement isn't exactly a season ending injury if that is what he has.

this absence turned into 1 week to 3 weeks to all of a sudden months....with no real diagnosis of what is wrong. maybe its just like okafor where they knew he was a bust, he rode the bench and then they traded him.

for all the talk of the process working. Sixers sure have traded away/hidden alot of their Top picks. and while SImmons/Embiid may be good players, are they championship worthy someday? A guard who cant shoot 3's and a big(no matter how dominant he is) are not exactly what the NBA is about nowadays.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 08:09:46 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
This whole Fultz shooting/injury drama has made me raise questions about the kid's mental fortitude.

I was laughed off the forum for saying he had the yips. The kid changes his shot form more than he changes shoes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 02:53:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sixers drafted fools gold... He was a poor shooter in high school, shooting around 60% free throws and less than 30% from 3. He was a poor free throw shooter in college. He had a good run from 3 in his freshman year, but his free throw shooting was poor, his college recruiting reports had big question marks over his shooting. He also had really poor shooting workouits prior to the draft.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
We may have traded a bust for the best rookie and we were paid a lotto pick to do this. If fultz ends up a bust, this trade goes down as lopsided as that Brooklyn trade

Completely agree.  I have already said that if that Lakers pick convey's, this trade will eclipse the Brooklyn trade as Danny's greatest move ever.  The Brooklyn trade required luck.  This move was pure talent assessment.

And then Danny traded the 2018 BKN pick along with a package for Kyrie Irving. Man, Danny is just unstoppable lol. Cavs fans said they had the last laugh taking our BKN pick away and us sacrificing four or five players for one player.

So foolish they are...the best player in that trade is the big winner in that trade.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 03:04:26 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I recall Fultz playing and shooting pretty well in summer league before he was shut down.

Me too. I thought he looked like he could well be a #1 pick.

Tatum was my draft  fave though since Fultz's impact on winning was suspect and I thought Ball would have issues with his release. Besides, we did not need another guard.

Sixer fans are ripping him hard as well as BC for trading up for him and letting us get Tatum and a high 1st.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2018, 03:51:51 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Wouldn’t it be ironic if one of our last pieces to one of the worst trade ever produces another one of one of the worst trades ever?

Ainge has passed the point of getting fair value. He will need to overpay in any trade. Even when we think he overpays, we come away impressed with his coup.

If he’s not Executive of the Year, I have no clue who could be. He overhauls the roster, returning just 4 from a conference finals team through two trades few have the cojones to even ponder, let alone pull the trigger on. Which means Stevens needs to be CotY, it should be the first of many. Doing what he has done since losing GH is simply incredible. /tangent
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Doesn't sound like Fultz is anywhere near close to returning. That shoulder not at 100%. #Sixers

https://twitter.com/mharrisNBCS/status/952614116878843910

Brett Brown talked about Markelle Fultz being able to pass an eye test. He made a few shots when practiced opened to us. Here's a compilation of the 1-on-1 drills he was doing after practice with Brown's explanation. #Sixers

https://twitter.com/mharrisNBCS/status/952629764061384704

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 03:37:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brett Brown talked about Markelle Fultz being able to pass an eye test. He made a few shots when practiced opened to us. Here's a compilation of the 1-on-1 drills he was doing after practice with Brown's explanation. #Sixers

https://twitter.com/mharrisNBCS/status/952629764061384704
Didn't listen to Brown's explanation, but that horrible shooting drill speaks for itself. SMH.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't really think he is hurt.

I think he is shook.

If he is hurt, the 76ers have the absolute worst medical staff in the league.

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
And most of you folks wanted him...

I knew his shot would suffer at the nba level

Such a slow release at the college level

The only person that knows how  Markelle Fultz feels is Markelle Fultz.

Watch the video! Look at the footwork on the rip drives baseline.
Look at the handle. Look at scoring.  Shot doesn't look broken.
Beware of misinformation.

https://youtu.be/T2DHVAnrNlk

Let's wait and see how this all turns out!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
close call ..... ;D

we almost wound up with a 1 st pick that has a bad shoulder and worse can't shoot ,  i personally think he is a fat boy waiting to pop ou.   ,  and we almost kept the one legged midget.

Luck smiled on Boston.

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

those are college highlights....not everyone translates well to the NBA. look at Okafor

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

those are college highlights....not everyone translates well to the NBA. look at Okafor

In very limited time I actually liked what I saw of him dribbling and going to the rim quite a lot.  He was finishing with both hands off both feet.  Now the jump shot matters and he is not some top level passer yet so of course that doesn't show anything (and very limited time we are talking here, SL and stuff).  He still has potential and it's not time to say anything definitive.  Personally I think it's very hard to see him being better than Tatum but it's the draft, people are often wrong.  He needs to be an impact player.  They really could use him and I think he fits, in theory.  However, without a jump shot I don't see how a team can work with two ball handlers who can't shoot.

I really don't know how to explain the whole thing so I'm just waiting and seeing how he turns out.

When you take it in the context of the trade, again you want to wait and see but I have a hard time seeing how the Celtics won't be the big winner, even if Fultz turns out pretty well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:32:55 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?