Author Topic: Fultz still can't shoot  (Read 24739 times)

Re: Fultz still can't shoot
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
https://sports.yahoo.com/see-markelle-fultz-can-shoot-video-175135054.html

Looks like his form may be back after all

Edit: and yes I know this is funny and not serious

If he were injured, he couldn't do that, right?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2018, 05:11:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In the meanwhile, Fultz retweeted a bunch of videos of himself making a gazillion of shots over the summer... when he still had a repeatable form on his shot. That whole thing is definitely in his head.

Also, the tweets of Celtics fans from mid-June are fun.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Would he consider retiring?

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2018, 01:55:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Brett Brown Denies Saying Markelle Fultz Suffering 'Psychosomatic Effects'
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-markelle-fultz-brett-brown-espn-20180129.html

During an ESPN telecast of the 76ers and Thunder last week, announcer Mark Jones said Brett Brown disclosed in a production meeting that Markelle Fultz has “psychosomatic effects” with his shooting.

Fultz responded on Twitter, writing “You really can’t trust  NO ONE!!!”

Brown denied the characterization shared by Jones.

“I was completely misquoted,” Brown said. “There was no reference to any of that. I’ve spoken to ESPN this morning. They’re very apologetic.

“Markelle Fultz’s injury has been well documented. I have talked about this hundreds and hundreds of times.”

According to Brown, there are times when Fultz still feels pain when rising up to shoot jumpers.

“Last night’s erroneous reporting was disappointing,” he said, calling it “a poor choice of words. That was admitted. We move on.”

Brown said he doesn’t begrudge Fultz for feeling that way due to “hearing that type of reporting.”

“He knows the organization,” Brown said. “He knows me. It doesn’t require much more to be said than that. We have a responsibility to help him. I think any time there’s a poor choice of words like there was last night, do you blame him?”

I just don't understand how there is so much drama from the 76ers about a player who isn't even injured. How is this bizarre situation continuing to get more bizarre by the week? Gordon hayward is now doing crossovers and we got fultz here with no injury chilling on his couch

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:45 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
I think this is alot simpler then we are making it out to be. Fultz had a great year at Washington, got drafted first overall based in part on his shooting. Fearing that his shooting that year may have been a fluke Fultz alters his shooting motion. This isn't crazy, guys often work to refine their mechanics. Hell Jaylen Browns shot has clearly changed since college. However the change in shooting motion causes an injury that prevents Futz from being able to further refine his shooting mechanics and further messes up his mechanics. The result is a completely messed up shooting motion. I dont think he has the yips, or some psychosomatic issue, he's just a guy who tried t change his shooting motion and got it so messed up.

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2018, 02:49:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fultz had a great year at Washington

He missed a lot of games that year and the great year is debatable.   Did he plays the full season, nope.   Did his team make the NCAA nope.   It was a not a full year of empty stats.

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:52 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think this is alot simpler then we are making it out to be. Fultz had a great year at Washington, got drafted first overall based in part on his shooting. Fearing that his shooting that year may have been a fluke Fultz alters his shooting motion. This isn't crazy, guys often work to refine their mechanics. Hell Jaylen Browns shot has clearly changed since college. However the change in shooting motion causes an injury that prevents Futz from being able to further refine his shooting mechanics and further messes up his mechanics. The result is a completely messed up shooting motion. I dont think he has the yips, or some psychosomatic issue, he's just a guy who tried t change his shooting motion and got it so messed up.

I disagree. If you change your shot and it physically pains you, you’ll revert back to your old shot.

If you think he can’t get back to his old shot, the reason isn’t physically. It’s mental.

The fact that he appears to have (or had) a hitch in his shot gives many good reason to believe it’s between the ears.

There is NOTHING simple about what’s going on with him. In fact, it’s almost unprecedented.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Fibromyalgia

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758605-markelle-fultz-may-or-may-not-return-to-76ers-this-season-says-bryan-colangelo?share=other

Colangelo saying Fultz might be out for the year. What a mess.

Their medical staff needs to be investigated. That just doesn't make sense.

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No it's not that simple.  He should never have tried to change his shot without Sixers coaching staff/trainers input (which is what we are hearing).  This does point to a deeper issue.

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758605-markelle-fultz-may-or-may-not-return-to-76ers-this-season-says-bryan-colangelo?share=other

They sure are going to great lengths to avoid admitting that he just has a case of the yips.  In Danny we trust!

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Seems to me ,  he needs to be on the court playing as much as possible , to right himself .

Playing builds confidence.

Most rookies can't shoot a lick their first year .....whtas new with that ?

soi got axe myself .....what are you the 76 's FO doing ......trying to hide him to protect THEIR reputations.   Sure looks that way.

Smart ....could not shoot ...still,can 't ......but you put him n the floor and let him contribute , figure out what he needs to do to help his team , prove his worth.

Avery was terrible as a rookie ,  but with battle experience he got better.

Im not understanding their thinking .......seems to me they re stunning his NBAgrowth

He isn'r going tomwake up one day and be a great player .......Fultz is going to have to learn and fight for his territory like everybody else .

They are hurt n the kid ......not play n him is worse than play n.

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Why medical staff? He never had an injury it's been debunked many times over, including by their own front office. He has a mental problem. they should have traded him for a mid 1st to a team willing to take on junk bonds.

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Poor kid.

Mike