Author Topic: Fultz still can't shoot  (Read 24733 times)

Fultz still can't shoot
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
They brought out Fultz to do some pre game shooting and this is what happened:

https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/951566066802679808

Anyone still buying the injury BS?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:26:07 AM by Erik »

Re: Fultz still can't shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This is scary for the prospect of fultz career. He was also supposedly injured around the middle of the college season wasn’t he? Then they shut him down. I feel like he was hidden for draft purposes. They were able to sell fools gold to the sixers. Then the sixers shut him down to figure out what to do with the bust in their hand... Fultz May be a complete bust. It’s not like he can fall back on his defense... he has none at all. The draft videos only talk about his"defensive potential from his tools and length" but that only goes so far without instincts.

We may have traded a bust for the best rookie and we were paid a lotto pick to do this. If fultz ends up a bust, this trade goes down as lopsided as that Brooklyn trade

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
And most of you folks wanted him...

I knew his shot would suffer at the nba level

Such a slow release at the college level

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
This is scary for the prospect of fultz career. He was also supposedly injured around the middle of the college season wasn’t he? Then they shut him down. I feel like he was hidden for draft purposes. They were able to sell fools gold to the sixers. Then the sixers shut him down to figure out what to do with the bust in their hand... Fultz May be a complete bust. It’s not like he can fall back on his defense... he has none at all. The draft videos only talk about his"defensive potential from his tools and length" but that only goes so far without instincts.

We may have traded a bust for the best rookie and we were paid a lotto pick to do this. If fultz ends up a bust, this trade goes down as lopsided as that Brooklyn trade

Jeez. How does a professional sports franchise get sold a bill of goods with the #1 overall pick?

Didn't he do some shooting against a chair predraft at least?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Jeez. How does a professional sports franchise get sold a bill of goods with the #1 overall pick?

Didn't he do some shooting against a chair predraft at least?

From what I understand, they didn't see him play in person in their facilities until the deal was essentially done. Since he was widely expected to be the #1 overall pick, he only tried out for the Celtics. It wasn't until we heard reports that the pick was being traded that he flew to Philly to have a night time workout (remember the FEDS tweet) -- and based on the video we saw, he stunk there too. I guess Philly viewed the workout as just a formality because if I sucked in an interview I wouldn't get hired.

Gotta hand it to Ainge. He's one of those "show me" type of people. He doesn't care what the scouts say. He saw Tatum and he saw Fultz live and he knew the better player visually, knowing full well that in this town if he botched this decision he'd be crucified regardless of his past wins. I'm not sure that I would have had the balls to do that.

Yeah, the closest thing I could think of in a situation like this is when Dallas traded Traylor for Dirk & Nash. It's not as good as Joe Carroll for Parish & McHale because he wasn't a bust albeit it was quite a haul.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:43:39 AM by Erik »

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
TRADER DANNY

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Shooting is a big concern, but Fultz is excellent at creating separation and finishing in a variety of ways.

At worse, I still think he can have a career like Tyreke Evans as a driver and distributor.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I recall Fultz playing and shooting pretty well in summer league before he was shut down.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Fultz is officially damaged goods. Mentally broken by the yips. Poor kid. Ainge looks like a genius, again.

"We may have traded a bust for the best rookie and we were paid a lotto pick to do this. If fultz ends up a bust, this trade goes down as lopsided as that Brooklyn trade"

Yep!
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Imagine if Philly had Tatum instead, plus the future pick.

Whew.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i remember was in flames when the trade was made. i was surprised that the trade was made, mostly because of ainge and fultz appeared to be spending lots of time in boston etc. but with my very limited NCAA knowledge and with my undoubtable faith in Danny i said to myself, danny has to know what's he doing.
and once again he delivered, big time.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Still way too soon to call a kid who's not even 20 a bust, but man it's been a rough start for Fultz. He needs to pull out of this tailspin fast, Philly's had so many high draft picks they'll be motivated to cut bait sooner than another team might.  So glad we made that trade.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 01:02:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I recall Fultz playing and shooting pretty well in summer league before he was shut down.

Do you feel like Philly may have been sold a bill of goods?

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 01:02:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Imagine if Philly had Tatum instead, plus the future pick.

Whew.

Yeah that is a scary thought. We may have single handedly stopped the process from being fully successful.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Shooting is a big concern, but Fultz is excellent at creating separation and finishing in a variety of ways.

At worse, I still think he can have a career like Tyreke Evans as a driver and distributor.
If you watch those video you can see he can't full stretch his right arm "even in Layups"
If he doesn't fix that quick he is in trouble