Author Topic: Knicks disastrous 2019 offseason  (Read 3819 times)

Re: Knicks disastrous 2019 offseason
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 08:34:39 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Oh they botched the offseason, but I don't see how having Chris Paul and Kevin Love's massive contracts on the books for a 1st round exit type team at best is a better option.  At least they still have a ton of cap flexibility going forward.

You're right - their cap sheet isn't wonderful for next year, but the only non-rookie contract they have on the books past then is Julius Randle. I would guess if the Knicks wanted to trade some of their mid-level contracts for Kevin Love and Chris Paul, they still could. If they are going to continue totally blowing it each off-season, maybe they should - at least those guys are established names. But, I suppose if they had signed Durant and Kyrie this off-season, we would be singing a different tune.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 01:39:14 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
The organization's a joke and will probably continue to be a joke as long as Dolan is there.

They're the Redskins of the NBA.  The ineptness starts at the top.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The organization's a joke and will probably continue to be a joke as long as Dolan is there.

They're the Redskins of the NBA.  The ineptness starts at the top.

lol I think we're FINALLY turning things around in WAS, though.

Rivera is a winner and has a SUSTAINED record of winning and competing.

We already have some pieces in place...McClaren, Haskins....Adrian Peterson playing like John Riggins did - putting up good numbers well into his 30s...

Guise has shown promise.

Our defense is decent.

They need to try and patch things up with Trent Williams.

We have the ingredients there...I'm a LOT more optimistic about WAS than I was a year ago. We'll be doing more "Fun Bunches" soon enough.

NY? Well at least they still have Spike.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I miss the Knicks having a good team. I enjoyed the 1990s Ewing led teams. I'd like to see them get back to that.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2020, 03:48:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I do feel bad for guys like Spike Lee. Say what you want, but the guy is absolutely loyal to his team and passionate.

Unfortunately, nothing's going to change until Dolan sells the team. I feel at this point, NYK fans should just boycott their games. Otherwise, they can just keep going to watch the same garbage over and over again.

In fact, NYK fans were going to boycott years ago, but then they hired Phil Jackson and felt hope was there again (lol...)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2020, 07:22:59 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I miss the Knicks having a good team. I enjoyed the 1990s Ewing led teams. I'd like to see them get back to that.

I hated those teams. Oakley, Mason, Starks—I always viewed them as basketball punks. Plus they only scored like 83 points a game, which for me was uber boring to watch.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How about we stay on subject, the Knicks. No need to talk about Luka or the Redskins.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I mean the one saving grace is none of the contracts they signed are really all that long term. I mena Barrett and Randel are the only guys on the books longer than two years. They'll have anther likely top 5 pick this year. So yes, they are bad. But they arent locked in bad

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I mean the one saving grace is none of the contracts they signed are really all that long term. I mena Barrett and Randel are the only guys on the books longer than two years. They'll have anther likely top 5 pick this year. So yes, they are bad. But they arent locked in bad
I haven't looked recently but won't they have enough open space to go after Giannis and another max level free agent in 2021?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:44:33 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 11:13:29 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I haven't looked recently but won't they have enough open space to go after Giannis and another max level free agent in 2021?

I think so pretty easily , right now they have only 38 million on the books. 9ish of that is team options on Robinson, Knox, Brazdeikas. 8.6 is team option on barret. And 19.8 is a partially (4million) guaranteed on Randal. So even with two good first round picks they next couple years they should be able to have two max spaces if they don't mess it up. For now projected cap 21-22 is 125, tho that may drop given that next years has dropped by a million from 116 tp 115.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:44:53 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

I hated those teams. Oakley, Mason, Starks—I always viewed them as basketball punks. Plus they only scored like 83 points a game, which for me was uber boring to watch.
To be fair, the entire league was scoring at that rate at that time.