Author Topic: Shams announces All-Stars Early, open for spoilers  (Read 4137 times)

Shams announces All-Stars Early, open for spoilers
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:29:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Re: Shams announces All-Stars Early, open for spoilers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I love leaks. Ruins the overdone money grubbing specials.

Go Tatum!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:47:38 PM »

Offline celticsbaby89

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
congrats tatum , but i really feel sorry for JB , jayson is getting more recognition from fans , media , players and now couches even tho brown is having a better season at least in my opinion he is having similar offensive numbers with better efficiency and take the harder 1 on 1 task on D , what the hell am i missing ?!

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 06:56:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm happy for Gobert.  About time.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 06:57:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
congrats tatum , but i really feel sorry for JB , jayson is getting more recognition from fans , media , players and now coaches even tho brown is having a better season at least in my opinion he is having similar offensive numbers with better efficiency and take the harder 1 on 1 task on D , what the hell am i missing ?!

I totally agree, but from a positional standpoint, this shouldn't come as any surprise. Of course the coaches vote is independent of the starters' vote, but Jaylen was way behind other guards while Tatum looked to be a shoe-in for the front court. It's the same reason people were complaining about Butler not starting (beat out by Embiid, Giannis, and Siakam) even though he just as easily could have taken over for Trae (or Kemba  :o ) The Cs were never going to get more than two All-Stars this season.

It's a bummer that Jaylen didn't get in as I do think he deserved the nod this year, but hopefully he can continue to improve even more and just become a perennial All-Star starting next season.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm a petty guy, I enjoy Devin Booker still not making it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 07:05:20 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Go kick some ass, Jaylen.  Take it personally.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
WHAT??!!  >:( NO TACKO!!  ::)

a fraud. cheating. swindle. bribes. will justice never be realized in the US?  :'(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 07:09:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Two questions:

1) Does this help Tatum's Hall of Fame case?

2) Does this hurt Brown's Hall of Fame case?

;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I said this elsewhere but think it belongs here too. Regarding Brown not making it:

You look at players that got in and he wasn't getting in ahead of Lowry or Simmons or Middleton.

All are former All-Stars. All have a similar secondary offensive role on their team, like Jaylen, and like Jaylen are averaging 20 PPG on efficient numbers and are at least good defenders. Jaylen is clearly the worst passer but is the 2nd best rebounder and maybe best defender.

I think he was worthy but he wasn't unseating any of those All-Stars while having only similar years to them. He also wasn't unseating any of them, the 2nd player from their clubs to make the team, when Tatum made it as Boston's 2nd player already.

If Tatum made it in as one of the two "wild card" spots, then the only other guy Jaylen could have beat out was Jayson. I think he was equally as deserving as Tatum, but Tatum gets better press and is more the media darling, so he got in. Jaylen will get in many times in future years. He can be patient.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Two questions:

1) Does this help Tatum's Hall of Fame case?

2) Does this hurt Brown's Hall of Fame case?

;D
one answer.

no.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 07:35:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bradley Beal got robbed! He’s very comparable to Trae (http://bkref.com/tiny/14sFz), with worse offence but definitely better defence, and his team is better.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 07:40:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Bradley Beal got robbed! He’s very comparable to Trae (http://bkref.com/tiny/14sFz), with worse offence but definitely better defence, and his team is better.

Yeah I don't understand that either.   It seems like Beal, Jaylen, Devin Booker, maybe even Zack Levine all have justifiable smirks on their faces right now.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Yeah I don't understand that either.   It seems like Beal, Jaylen, Devin Booker, maybe even Zack Levine all have justifiable smirks on their faces right now.

You can't compare a Starter to a Reserve though since they're different selection processes.

If Young wasn't a starter, I personally don't think the coaches would have selected him as a reserve.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 07:49:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

You can't compare a Starter to a Reserve though since they're different selection processes.

If Young wasn't a starter, I personally don't think the coaches would have selected him as a reserve.
Agree.  Right now, I take Beal over Young.