Author Topic: Stein: Kings want Kuzma  (Read 6369 times)

Re: Stein: Kings want Kuzma
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 09:32:59 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Smart, Semi, Green, BOS 1st, MIL 1st

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

I think I'd do that even believing Cousins won't come back this year.  I just think Kuzma would be a real nice fit on the team and think Bradley could give you much of what Smart does (though not as well).

Post Trade
PG - Walker, Wanamaker, Edwards
Wings - Brown, Hayward, Bradley, Langford
Swings - Tatum, Kuzma, G. Williams
Bigs - Theis, Kanter, R. Williams, Poirier, Cousins?

Lakers get Smart who can be their do everything type player and is basically an improved version of Bradley and Rondo at this point.  Add Semi as a defender down low.  They also get a couple of late 1st's to replenish their young players or that they can use in trades.

Not sure either team does it, but I think it is a reasonable enough trade value wise for both teams.

You just want your Lebron to win a championship with this trade. The Celtics will get worse with this. Trading a great defender+picks for a guy who needs the ball that cant shoot the three or defend well?

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2020, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

I think I'd do that even believing Cousins won't come back this year.  I just think Kuzma would be a real nice fit on the team and think Bradley could give you much of what Smart does (though not as well).

Post Trade

Lakers get Smart who can be their do everything type player and is basically an improved version of Bradley and Rondo at this point.  Add Semi as a defender down low.  They also get a couple of late 1st's to replenish their young players or that they can use in trades.

Not sure either team does it, but I think it is a reasonable enough trade value wise for both teams.

You just want your Lebron to win a championship with this trade. The Celtics will get worse with this. Trading a great defender+picks for a guy who needs the ball that cant shoot the three or defend well?
I don't expect Boston to win this year and think the trade would increase Boston's title odds down the line, because I really like Kuzma as a player.  I think he would be a pretty solid fit long term and I really like a potential Brown, Tatum, Kuzma starting at the 2, 3, 4 for like a decade.  I think that trio has a chance to be very good long term.  Kuzma's poor shooting is overblown.  He isn't an elite shooter, but has a nice touch and isn't exactly terrible either (33.6 in his career).  He is older, but he is in just his 3rd year and started off the year injured.  He has been very good the last month, especially when he has started with Davis was out. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

Post Trade

I don't expect Boston to win this year and think the trade would increase Boston's title odds down the line, because I really like Kuzma as a player.  I think he would be a pretty solid fit long term and I really like a potential Brown, Tatum, Kuzma starting at the 2, 3, 4 for like a decade.  I think that trio has a chance to be very good long term.  Kuzma's poor shooting is overblown.  He isn't an elite shooter, but has a nice touch and isn't exactly terrible either (33.6 in his career).  He is older, but he is in just his 3rd year and started off the year injured.  He has been very good the last month, especially when he has started with Davis was out.

I think Kuzma's playing style would not pair well with Brown and Tatum. He's not a true big that can hold down the center spot, and he's kind of a selfish basketball player who would take shots away from Tatum and Brown. On top of that, even at his best he is a below average defender who struggles with rotations and discipline.

I don't think that's an ideal fit next to Tatum and Brown long-term. It would be better to have an unselfish swing who can play versatile defense.

I also don't think Cousins is coming back this year, and even if he does, I don't think he would be a good fit on this team right now. He was exposed playing for the Warriors last year and I'm sure he's only gotten a bit slower and less effective in the paint.

On top of that, switching Bradley for Smart makes sense on paper, but it suddenly takes our defensive rotations from a highly versatile team to a team with two under-sized guards that can be exposed.

No thank-you on all accounts, but I do like where your head is at.

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

Post Trade

I think Kuzma's playing style would not pair well with Brown and Tatum. He's not a true big that can hold down the center spot, and he's kind of a selfish basketball player who would take shots away from Tatum and Brown. On top of that, even at his best he is a below average defender who struggles with rotations and discipline.

I don't think that's an ideal fit next to Tatum and Brown long-term. It would be better to have an unselfish swing who can play versatile defense.

I also don't think Cousins is coming back this year, and even if he does, I don't think he would be a good fit on this team right now. He was exposed playing for the Warriors last year and I'm sure he's only gotten a bit slower and less effective in the paint.

On top of that, switching Bradley for Smart makes sense on paper, but it suddenly takes our defensive rotations from a highly versatile team to a team with two under-sized guards that can be exposed.

No thank-you on all accounts, but I do like where your head is at.
^^^, it doesn't really make sense once you look at how the pieces fit on the basketball court.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »

• Paul Silas

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

Post Trade

I like a trade with similar framework with a different team like the Bulls

I'd be interested in Markkanen and Valentine.

I think Markkanen would be a much better fit than Kuzma. He has a bit more feel for defensive rotations and can make some disruptive plays with his hands. He's also a much better shooter.

Problem is that I really don't want to trade Smart.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2020, 10:38:28 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Instead of Kuzma, wouldn't it be better to give up Smart, Semi and Wannamaker for an athletic defender and rebounder in Aaron Gordon? He is quick, strong and long enough to defend against guards and forwards.

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2020, 10:51:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol people actually think Ainge would trade Smart right now :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Btw is there any chance of us getting Bogdan? He'd be a great bench scorer for us and his defence is actually pretty solid, Poirier+Robert+Edwards works in terms of salary. Maybe we throw in some non Memphis picks to sweeten the pot?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Btw is there any chance of us getting Bogdan? He'd be a great bench scorer for us and his defence is actually pretty solid, Poirier+Robert+Edwards works in terms of salary. Maybe we throw in some non Memphis picks to sweeten the pot?
Has there been recent word that the Kings would be willing to move Bogdanovic, because I thought they loved the kid? Sactown offered Bjelica for Kuzma but when Lakers instead said they wanted Brogdon, the Kings scoffed. That was a deal breaker.

If the Kings wouldn't take Kuzma(a good NBA player) for Bogdanovic, what makes you think Poirier(probably not an NBA level player and never will be), Timelord(great raw talent that might have long term health issues), Edwards(not an NBA level player right now but has a ceiling of a good, #8-#10 in the rotation bench player)and picks would make the Kings management change their mind to move Bogdanovic?

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »

• Paul Silas

I like him but we already have too many ball-handlers. Plus, his contract is up and we don't have the salary space. Unless we knew Gordon was leaving...

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 02:06:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lol people actually think Ainge would trade Smart right now :laugh:

well i know one id trade him for maybe two ....but i would be put in celtics blog prison for say n ....so i ll just keep still

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Instead of Kuzma, wouldn't it be better to give up Smart, Semi and Wannamaker for an athletic defender and rebounder in Aaron Gordon? He is quick, strong and long enough to defend against guards and forwards.
Besides the fact that that package is way too much to give up, Gordon is just not that good.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 06:10:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

for

Kuzma, Bradley, Cousins

Post Trade

It'd be reasonable if we were the ones getting two firsts in return.
100%, considering Kuzma is really nothing special at all, AB is a shell of himself and Cousins might never be good again (he certainly wasn’t in the playoffs).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 06:12:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Anyone trying to trade Smart for Kuzma baffles me...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different