Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 60463 times)

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #435 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-kobe-bryant-death-222830632.html

I try not to judge other people’s grief, but this guy is so fragile.  The anti-IT.

Eh, I'm not against him missing tonight for personal reasons.

But if this means he misses like all of next week, then yeah, I'll agree.

And don't get me wrong, it was fine for Kyrie to grieve over his Grandfather when he passed away last year. But what ticked me off was when he basically used it as an excuse for the ENTIRE season while simultaneously blaming the young players and then quitting in the Bucks series. Nice leader!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #436 on: January 26, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I try not to judge other people’s grief, but this guy is so fragile.  The anti-IT.

Eh, I'm not against him missing tonight for personal reasons.

But if this means he misses like all of next week, then yeah, I'll agree.

And don't get me wrong, it was fine for Kyrie to grieve over his Grandfather when he passed away last year. But what ticked me off was when he basically used it as an excuse for the ENTIRE season while simultaneously blaming the young players and then quitting in the Bucks series. Nice leader!

I think it's fine for him to miss tonight's game, everyone griefs differently, and I am sure he is devastated by it.

« Reply #437 on: January 26, 2020, 08:57:43 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

I don't see fragility when I read about him sitting out tonite - I see him, once again, making some event or issue all about him.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #438 on: January 26, 2020, 09:10:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

I don't see fragility when I read about him sitting out tonite - I see him, once again, making some event or issue all about him.

I just feel sorry for Kyrie. He is such a troubled individual.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #439 on: January 26, 2020, 10:01:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
has to really be tuff on a player that personal friends with Kobe .

i don't blame him for not thinking of basketball after this .

Shows respect imo

« Reply #440 on: January 26, 2020, 11:47:13 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
has to really be tuff on a player that personal friends with Kobe .

i don't blame him for not thinking of basketball after this .

Shows respect imo

Exactly . Kobe was a mentor and close friend to Kyrie. In fact, after Kyrie won that title, he face timed Kobe and his daughter who also tragically passed today. Who would want to play a game an hour after finding out they died?  Nobody with a heart, that is who.

Let Kyrie grieve as he sees fit. He did the respectful thing today under a horrible situation.

« Reply #441 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:45 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
People cope with grief differently. I really hate it when people look down on others just because they have a different reaction to grief and loss.

« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2020, 07:11:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he is well within his right to not play but this guy will take any excuse not to play, too.

My grandfather had a heart attack when I was in High School and I was told right before the game.   I dedicated my game to him and had a triple double with 17 points,  10 Rebounds, 10 blocks and 5 assists and held the other team's 20 point scorer to 2 points.  He lived for quite another fifteen years after that.

I would want to play and dedicate the game if it was my friend, but that is me.  Not everyone is wired that way.

« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think he is well within his right to not play but this guy will take any excuse not to play, too.

My grandfather had a heart attack when I was in High School and I was told right before the game.   I dedicated my game to him and had a triple double with 17 points,  10 Rebounds, 10 blocks and 5 assists and held the other team's 20 point scorer to 2 points.  He lived for quite another fifteen years after that.

I would want to play and dedicate the game if it was my friend, but that is me.  Not everyone is wired that way.

Did any other player in the NBA sit out?  I stand by what I said:  he’s fragile, or worse, constantly needs to be the center of attention.  If he’s unwilling to even try to play, I wouldn’t want him as a teammate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Of the things I would criticize Kyrie for, this is really low on the list

« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2020, 09:43:37 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

I just feel sorry for Kyrie. He is such a troubled individual.

I won't argue with you on that.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #446 on: January 27, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Of the things I would criticize Kyrie for, this is really low on the list

Agree.

Kyrie is a little diva female dog.

That being said, it’s hard for me to find fault here. He lost a mentor and close friend.

« Reply #447 on: January 28, 2020, 12:17:32 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Did any other player in the NBA sit out?  I stand by what I said:  he’s fragile, or worse, constantly needs to be the center of attention.  If he’s unwilling to even try to play, I wouldn’t want him as a teammate.

For one, they are canceling the Staples fame. Reports also said that some players, management and coaches do not have the heart to play yet. Are they seeking attention? Are they fragile? Maybe you can play under those circumstances, but I am sorry that not everyone is as immune as you are.

« Reply #448 on: January 28, 2020, 01:00:42 AM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
A small part of me believes Kyrie's reasoning to be genuine. But I suspect that this represents an opportunity to project himself as some sort of deep thinking, introspective, emotional and intellectual guy that he appears to be so desperate for others to perceive him as.

I also think he will look for every possible reason to miss time this year and would put money on him opting for surgery to fix that issue that has sidelined him for so long this season. I remember saying at the start of the year that he will barely play at all this season, in his mind there is nothing to be gained from playing without Durant, and he has already thrown his current supporting cast under the bus once. Personally, I cannot wait for Durant to return and for him to fail again next season just to see what exceuse he's going to use. He won't have the stones to hint it is Durant.

That said, the only time he is on my radar is when I see him discussed in here.

« Reply #449 on: January 28, 2020, 01:46:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Chris Paul sat out tonight in a fairly important game for his team. He sat our for personal reasons related to Kobe . Again, of all the things, we probably don’t need to pile on kyrie over this instance i(imo at least)