Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 60751 times)

I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
From NY Post:

On Page 2, Marcus Morris throws some shade at Kyrie Irving.
According to Morris, though, there’s a major difference in the locker-room dynamic: The Knicks don’t have to cater to a superstar the way Boston did for Kyrie Irving.

“The teams are different. We don’t have that one guy where it’s like, okay, he’s first,” Morris said. “It’s a team thing. No knock on Ky, but obviously he’s a superstar, he’s first. Sometimes his emotions were put in front of the team. I think here, we’re all transparent with each other. We can all go up to each other and be honest with each other. That’s the biggest thing, when you can go out and speak to your brother.”
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:22:19 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Marcus Morris throws some shade at Kyrie
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i wonder if kyrie had missed that game winning shot in the finals - would he still be considered such a superstar, or just another good player?

IMO, he'd be just another good player w no ring and not elevated to the status he enjoys

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 01:44:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wonder how much of that is Kyrie being difficult ...

And how much of that is Marcus Morris' delusional thinking he needs more shots and to be treated like a key player ...

Not sure which of the two that comment speaks more to.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

And how much of that is Marcus Morris' delusional thinking he needs more shots and to be treated like a key player ...

While the Marcus Morris part is very likely true, I think it's more the Kyrie part.  I get the feeling that its pretty obvious if you're a player in a locker room and you realize the players and coaching staff isn't being honest and open with one guy in an attempt to appease him or because there's some feeling that he transcends the rest of the team.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

While the Marcus Morris part is very likely true, I think it's more the Kyrie part.  I get the feeling that its pretty obvious if you're a player in a locker room and you realize the players and coaching staff isn't being honest and open with one guy in an attempt to appease him or because there's some feeling that he transcends the rest of the team.
If brad and Danny were catering first and foremost to Kyrie to appease him last season then they have to be held accountable for him leaving for nothing.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

If brad and Danny were catering first and foremost to Kyrie to appease him last season then they have to be held accountable for him leaving for nothing.

What do you mean "held accountable"?  Sure, I'd say they're accountable for it.  I don't think that amounts to anything actually tangible though.  It's not like we're going to fire either of them over it... there are no better options out there to replace them.  Also, they wouldn't be the only coach/GM to try to appease a superstar -- its pretty much the norm across the league.  If you *don't* try to appease them then they still leave for nothing.  Same result.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

So....hold them accountable. I'm not sure what that encompasses. Neither is getting fired this year, nor anytime in the near future.

It's pretty simple. Ainge held out hope that the team would eventually come together, and anything he could get in trade was not worth that hope, however slim it might have been.

Not sure why that would be difficult to understand. We weren't getting anything of significant value for Kyrie last February.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

What do you mean "held accountable"?  Sure, I'd say they're accountable for it.  I don't think that amounts to anything actually tangible though.  It's not like we're going to fire either of them over it... there are no better options out there to replace them.  Also, they wouldn't be the only coach/GM to try to appease a superstar -- its pretty much the norm across the league.  If you *don't* try to appease them then they still leave for nothing.  Same result.
I like to make extreme statements sometime lol.
Well I understand trying to appease LeBron , Giannis or Kawhi but trying to appease Kyrie is not worth it and they should have known better if they did...

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 07:23:10 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123

I don't see Morris as the type who seems to think that way.  He's always come across to me as a team first guy.  He didn't seem to have any complains about his role with the Celtics regardless of whether he was starting of coming off the bench.

Pretty sure Kyrie is just a prima donna who things he is above the team.   There seems to be enough evidence to suggest this, as he had issues not only in Boston but also in Cleveland where he had too much ego to accept being #2 to Lebron.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 08:10:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I don't see Morris as the type who seems to think that way.  He's always come across to me as a team first guy.  He didn't seem to have any complains about his role with the Celtics regardless of whether he was starting of coming off the bench.

Pretty sure Kyrie is just a prima donna who things he is above the team.   There seems to be enough evidence to suggest this, as he had issues not only in Boston but also in Cleveland where he had too much ego to accept being #2 to Lebron.

I recall him being upset with coming off the bench when he got here. He was starting on the Pistons and became a reserve in favor of a rookie (Tatum). Some thought his knee issue was more of a protest.

Regardless if true or not, he definitely bought in as time went on and I think was a good teammate (even if he needed to shove them once in awhile).

Mook may think he’s better than he is, but that’s true for 110% of the NBA. Kyrie is very difficult to coach and play alongside. He will play nice in Brooklyn, for now. Then the time will come there like it did in Cleveland and Boston.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If the "he's first" comments were focused on shots or time of possession, I'd agree.  However, Morris criticism was different:

Sometimes his emotions were put in front of the team

I suspect that Morris is less concerned by shots, and more is giving his take on the lack of leadership, the catering the team did to Kyrie's ego, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 08:32:00 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

If the "he's first" comments were focused on shots or time of possession, I'd agree.  However, Morris criticism was different:

Sometimes his emotions were put in front of the team

I suspect that Morris is less concerned by shots, and more is giving his take on the lack of leadership, the catering the team did to Kyrie's ego, etc.

correct

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 09:09:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I always felt Morris was a good teammate. Ball stopper some time. But frankly there were times where only trusted him taking the shot. He volunteered to come OFF the bench last game, which was very unselfish. He was a big part of our playoff run in 2018.

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Gotta respect Morris.  I'm sure last year the team was walking on eggs the whole year because of a Drama Queen who doesn't have any idea how to communicate.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 01:19:33 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Just goes to show how shambolic our locker room was last year.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D