Author Topic: Movies that you'd like to see made (or remade, better)  (Read 11058 times)

Re: Movies that you'd like to see made (or remade, better)
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Another movie I wouldn't mind seeing is a spinoff to Breaking Bad documenting Jesse Pinkmans life post Walt. For me, I didn't get enough closure as I would have liked with the character, but obviously they can't do another entire season of Breaking Bad without Heisenberg. Anyone who watched BB would tell you that Aaron Paul is more than capable of holding his own in a leading cinematic role. What a great actor.

Similarly, any Friday Night Lights movie or a movie that follows Michael from the Wire would receive ticket purchase from myself.

The Shield...what happens with Vic.

Blade Runner w/ the new CGI

Blade Runner I'm sure they'll remake in the next 15 years. They're making a sequel now, or it's at least in development.

The Mad Max trailer looked promising

Tom Hardy is a boss. You don't know Tom Hardy's greatness until you see 'Bronson'.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
A movie or an HBO series of the Stormlight Archive, the next biggest thing in fantasy since Game of Thrones.

There's 2 of 10 books written, the 3rd is schedule for 2016. The 2nd book got even better reviews then the first which got 4.5/5 and 5/5, 9.5/10 pretty much everywhere.

Written by the same guy who finished Wheel of Time and has a dozen or so other really excellent books.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=way%20of%20kings%20reviews

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 11:18:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
A movie or an HBO series of the Stormlight Archive, the next biggest thing in fantasy since Game of Thrones.

There's 2 of 10 books written, the 3rd is schedule for 2016. The 2nd book got even better reviews then the first which got 4.5/5 and 5/5, 9.5/10 pretty much everywhere.

Written by the same guy who finished Wheel of Time and has a dozen or so other really excellent books.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=way%20of%20kings%20reviews

Love that series

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
There's always room for more historical biographical films.  In the style of 12 Years A Slave, you have Robert Smalls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Smalls

A slave forced to work for the Confederate army, took over a Confederate ship, sailed it through Confederate waters passing several other Confederate ships and forts, gave the ship to the Union, then met Abe Lincoln and basically become the Jackie Robinson of the Union forces.

Later while working for the Union navy, the ship he was on was caught in a crossfire between Union and Confederate forces. His ship's commander decided to surrender, but Smalls refused since he figured the blacks working for the Union would be killed if taken as POW's, so he took command of the ship and got it out of the range of enemy fire, becoming the first black ship captain in the military.

Then after the war he started his own business and later became a Congressman.

Also, in maybe more of a Wolf of Wall Street meets Pirates of the Caribbean, you have Ching Shih:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

Prostitute captured by pirates, married one of the pirates, then eventually took over the entire pirate force with a fleet of maybe as many as 1,800 ships and a crew of 80,000 men.  Successfully took on British, Portugal, and Chinese navies.  With the Chinese government unable to defeat her, they decided to offer her and all her forces amnesty.  Considered one of the most ruthless, cunning, and successful pirates ever.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He Got Game 2 starring Avery Bradley as Jesus Shuttlesworth jr.

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think a Game of Thrones movie covering either the old Targaryen conquest of the Seven Kingdoms or Robert's Rebellion would be sweet. I think the conquest of the kingdoms with dragons would yield some pretty epic scenes, and I think the "Mad King" would be just as fun to hate as King Joffrey.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 11:41:19 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I would love to see Eragon remade. I loved the book, it was a worldwide success, and the movie was just all kinds of awful. The casting, story, special effects, just everything. They changed the whole story, and casual and diehard fans alike hated it. They had a deal in place for three movies, and the awful first one stopped the next two in their tracks. The second movie was in the middle of filming, and they just stopped it; that's how bad the movie was. I truly believe that, with the momentum that series had, it was a few good movies from becoming one of the all-time great/remembered series a la Harry Potter.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:49:43 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 01:20:18 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I would love to see Eragon remade. I loved the book, it was a worldwide success, and the movie was just all kinds of awful. The casting, story, special effects, just everything. They changed the whole story, and casual and diehard fans alike hated it. They had a deal in place for three movies, and the awful first one stopped the next two in their tracks. The second movie was in the middle of filming, and they just stopped it; that's how bad the movie was. I truly believe that, with the momentum that series had, it was a few good movies from becoming one of the all-time great/remembered series a la Harry Potter.

I agree with this 100%!!  They screwed up the story so bad I don't know how they would have even been able to do the second book. 

In that vein I think "The Last Airbender" needs to be redone.  The cartoon was fabulous and they screwed it up as bad as Eragon.  They didn't even get the main character's name right. 

Speaking of cartons, With all the 80's toons being made I think MASK has to be the next one.  I loved that show and with the CGI and special effects they have now they could easily pull off the masks and the changing vehicles. 

They could easily make a Kim Possible movie (yes I watch way too many cartoons) as well. 

I also always thought Slash's autobiography would make an incredible movie.  Most likely would have to be NC-17 but  What a life he has lead. 

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The new Magnificent 7 remake trailer is puke and I want nothing to do with it.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:03 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Since this got bumped, I'd like to see David Lynch make Infinite Jest into a miniseries.

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The DCU movies. They've had spectacular visuals and nailed several of the castings but have done a terrible job telling a story.

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
A silmarillion movie.... Chaos

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 03:27:42 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
any of Guy Gavriel Kay's books (excluding Ysabel)

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
A grumpy old men movie but with Stallone and Arnold. They argue and jab each other with insults but also throw each other through walls and stuff. Think it could be a funny take.

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 05:20:04 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
There would be a heartwarming part near the end where they come around and Arnold after a test hugs Stallone and says, " It's not a tumor!" Happy ending.