Author Topic: Question about tickets  (Read 4181 times)

Question about tickets
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:08:47 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Around mid-September I purchased tickets off of Stub-Hub for the game versus the GSW on 11/26, I still have yet to receive them.  Should I be worried?  I know Stub-Hub is a 3rd party site, and is just the middle man between the buyer and the private seller.

Re: Question about tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Around mid-September I purchased tickets off of Stub-Hub for the game versus the GSW on 11/26, I still have yet to receive them.  Should I be worried?  I know Stub-Hub is a 3rd party site, and is just the middle man between the buyer and the private seller.

Physical tickets haven't been issued yet (at least to season ticket holders) because of a strike at the ticket manufacturing company.  The Celtics said that these would be shipped mid-late October but before Opening Night.

So if the tickets you are getting from Stub Hub are coming from a season ticket holder, they're not in circulation yet.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
You're fine as long as you have a "CONFIRMED" order.  If you have received your second email stating you have a confirmed order then you are fully guaranteed to receive your tickets at least one day before the event.  If you have a confirmed order you probably also have what we call an "expected in hand date".  Check for that date b/c that's the date that the seller plans on having the tickets in his hand.  As has been mentioned there has been a delay in season tickets, so that has caused some issues.  StubHub is definitely a reputable company, and if there are any problems with your order it will come to me, as I'm one of the people who handles trouble orders.  We do good work, and will definitely help you out.  Just make SURE you have a CONFIRMED order.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »

Offline wilymogilman

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
I need some help deciding how to pick tickets with other people I purchased the season tickets with. To begin, this is my first year having season tickets. I had to pay the club green fee initially to get the tickets, which was around $250.00. I did not want to get on the tickets on my own, so my friend got 25% and my mother (payed the initially $250.00 fee) also got 25% worth. I got 50% of the tickets.

Now that the tickets arrived, we are trying to decide how to split the tickets up...

Should we do a fantasy draft basically to get the tickets. Would I pick first, mom second, friend 3rd, then I go again?

I really don't know where to begin, but I want to make it so we all get a fair shot at good tickets. I'm sure many people have been through this before, I just want to make it fair!

Please help me out!

Remember, I have 50% of the tickets, mom has 25% and friend has 25%.

Thanks for the help guys!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I need some help deciding how to pick tickets with other people I purchased the season tickets with. To begin, this is my first year having season tickets. I had to pay the club green fee initially to get the tickets, which was around $250.00. I did not want to get on the tickets on my own, so my friend got 25% and my mother (payed the initially $250.00 fee) also got 25% worth. I got 50% of the tickets.

Now that the tickets arrived, we are trying to decide how to split the tickets up...

Should we do a fantasy draft basically to get the tickets. Would I pick first, mom second, friend 3rd, then I go again?

I really don't know where to begin, but I want to make it so we all get a fair shot at good tickets. I'm sure many people have been through this before, I just want to make it fair!

Please help me out!

Remember, I have 50% of the tickets, mom has 25% and friend has 25%.

Thanks for the help guys!

If you do a Draft make sure your Mom gets the first pick or two for putting up the fee (and for being your Mom)
Yup

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »

Offline wilymogilman

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Does anybody else have any ideas on how this should be done?

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »

Offline irish_celtic_fan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
Because you have twice as many tickets as the others, probably the fairest way would be:

You
Mom
Friend
Friend
Mom
You
(This gets the better games out of the way in a fair way)  Then:
Mom
Friend
You
You
Mom