Author Topic: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for  (Read 4941 times)

Re: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
LOL what do we all expect?

Anyone here that is shocked must NOT know what's at stake, here - or do not want to admit the possibilities..

For Rajon Rondo (and of course LeBron James) to have a successful time in LakerLand this means - ultimately - The Lakers' 17th Championship.

If they have a successful season (50+ wins, IMO) and a 2nd round playoff exit (quite possible that they make the 2nd round, if healthy) then Rajon Rondo WILL come back for a 2nd year or more..

Make NO mistake, here - if Rajon Rondo is a key part of helping the Los Angeles Lakers achieve their 17th Championship (with LeBron James playing at an MVP-like level), then don't we ALL know that he is simply punching his ticket into the HOF?

He would be doing ALL OF THIS at the expense of the team that gave him his opportunity to shine, and his current team's HATED rivals The Boston Celtics.

Rajon Rondo knows what's at stake - don't let him fool ANYONE, here.

Dude is dialed in COMPLETELY and ready to stick it to The Green.

Isaiah Thomas was BARELY ready - as a Pre-Injury Rajon Rondo was controlling that CHI series a couple of years ago.

Lord I hope Kyrie and Scary Terry are ready. They'd better bring their A-Games.

If we mess around, Kyrie's going to get Rondo'd. He'd better be ready.
What do you mean by they better bring their A game? We most likely will not see Rondo come the postseason, as there a handful of better teams
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Pretty sure the following is true:

Rajon Rondo = Lebron’s fire hydrant
Lebron’s bladder = empty

Dead to Me...

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Anyone here that is shocked must NOT know what's at stake, here - or do not want to admit the possibilities..

For Rajon Rondo (and of course LeBron James) to have a successful time in LakerLand this means - ultimately - The Lakers' 17th Championship.

If they have a successful season (50+ wins, IMO) and a 2nd round playoff exit (quite possible that they make the 2nd round, if healthy) then Rajon Rondo WILL come back for a 2nd year or more..

Make NO mistake, here - if Rajon Rondo is a key part of helping the Los Angeles Lakers achieve their 17th Championship (with LeBron James playing at an MVP-like level), then don't we ALL know that he is simply punching his ticket into the HOF?

He would be doing ALL OF THIS at the expense of the team that gave him his opportunity to shine, and his current team's HATED rivals The Boston Celtics.

Isaiah Thomas was BARELY ready - as a Pre-Injury Rajon Rondo was controlling that CHI series a couple of years ago.

What do you mean by they better bring their A game? We most likely will not see Rondo come the postseason, as there a handful of better teams

Who knows what the NBA season will bring...GSW could implode...could have injuries...same with HOU.....

If not THIS season, then maybe the next one?

Look - all I know is THIS - we DO NOT want to see Playoff Rajon Rondo (wearing Laker Purp and Gold) in a seven game series in June of 2019 (or even 2020).

Along with a determined LeBron James?

As Halloween approaches, Celtics Faithful - be AFRAID - be VERY afraid....

We may be seeing dead people in June and they may be wearing Celtic Green..

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Does anyone have a link or source from where these quotes are coming from?  I can't find anything anywhere (google/bing/yahoo) linking Rondo to these quotes.

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Meh.  He hasn't really even played for them yet, unless you consider preseason as "playing" for a team.  Preseason, the completely insignificant and inconsequential leadup to the regular season.

We'll see how he feels at the end of the season, after he's endured months of knuckleheads crammed into one locker room while LeBron's ego overshadows the entire team, and after he's gotten knocked out of the playoffs by the Warriors.

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Who knows what the NBA season will bring...GSW could implode...could have injuries...same with HOU.....

Look - all I know is THIS - we DO NOT want to see Playoff Rajon Rondo (wearing Laker Purp and Gold) in a seven game series in June of 2019 (or even 2020).

I'm certainly not writing off the possibility of Golden State or Houston messing things up, although I would definitely be surprised. However, I don't have LAL as the 3rd best team in the West regardless. They are riddled with flaws, and lack meaningful depth. Additionally, their coaching is unproven, and they heavily rely on thus far unproven youngsters.

I would still back the two top Western teams of last season to beat them, alongside OKC and SAS, and then there are a few maybe teams. New Orleans if Randle slots in next to Davis as well as I think he might. Denver if IT returns to a 20ppg scorer and/or Murray takes another step. Minnesota if they figure out a way to make all that talent work.

All I'm saying is that I'm not particularly afraid of the Lakers. I don't rate their young talent, and their lone superstar only has so much gas left in the tank

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I'm certainly not writing off the possibility of Golden State or Houston messing things up, although I would definitely be surprised. However, I don't have LAL as the 3rd best team in the West regardless. They are riddled with flaws, and lack meaningful depth. Additionally, their coaching is unproven, and they heavily rely on thus far unproven youngsters.

I would still back the two top Western teams of last season to beat them, alongside OKC and SAS, and then there are a few maybe teams. New Orleans if Randle slots in next to Davis as well as I think he might. Denver if IT returns to a 20ppg scorer and/or Murray takes another step. Minnesota if they figure out a way to make all that talent work.

All I'm saying is that I'm not particularly afraid of the Lakers. I don't rate their young talent, and their lone superstar only has so much gas left in the tank

Man I hope you're right.

We DO NOT want to see Playoff Rajon Rondo (and LeBron James) in a seven game series - with two historic franchises' legacies at stake.

Don't think for one min that Rondo won't stick it to us.

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 07:51:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Man I hope you're right.

We DO NOT want to see Playoff Rajon Rondo (and LeBron James) in a seven game series - with two historic franchises' legacies at stake.

Don't think for one min that Rondo won't stick it to us.
I almost never wish injury on a player, but I would pray to all the basketball gods that Rajon Rondo would be ruled out of such a series

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So, I found the whole quote over at Silver Screen and Roll, and it seems this is most likely a direct shot at Doc/Danny, and not the organization as a whole.

“This is definitely a players-first organization,” Rondo said after practice on Monday. “I can’t say it’s not the best I’ve ever played for as far as the staff.”

I can't say I'm terribly surprised by that, given Rondo's tenuous relationship over the years with Doc/Danny.

Anyways, here's a link with a bit more context to the quotes:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/10/15/17980552/la-lakers-news-rajon-rondo-best-organization-young-core-film-study-practice-report
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:13:32 PM by KGs Knee »

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Meh.  He hasn't really even played for them yet, unless you consider preseason as "playing" for a team.  Preseason, the completely insignificant and inconsequential leadup to the regular season.

We'll see how he feels at the end of the season, after he's endured months of knuckleheads crammed into one locker room while LeBron's ego overshadows the entire team, and after he's gotten knocked out of the playoffs by the Warriors.

TP - this is my sentiment, too. Everybody is always amped up at the start of the year, and playing with Lebron has to be exciting, but something has to give on that LAL team.

Also, the quote is pretty iffy in its assuredness. If he had said, "The Lakers are by far the best franchise I have ever played for," I would be a lot more upset. Heck, he is still in good with KG and Pierce. This to me just sounds like classic 'get under your skin' Rondo. He is a character and that is one of the things I have always loved about him.

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
That quote doesn't match the headline.  It doesn't definitely say they are the best org he's played for.  You ought to provide a link to the story.

It’s a tweet. That’s the whole story.
But “can’t say it’s not” is not the same as “Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for.”  I can’t say Jim Beam Black isn’t the greatest whiskey ever... I haven’t tried it yet though.

I’m not bothered by Rondo’s comments at all.  I’m not that sensitive.  He’s a Laker now and he’s supposed to be loyal to that team.  He may be singing a different tune when he’s not playing for the Lakers any more.

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Rondo cited Boston as a highlight in his career, but about the overall Lakers organization so far: “Can’t say it’s not the best I’ve ever played for.”

... and just like that, he was dead to me.

I say we invite him to the Garden, telling him we’re retiring his jersey. Then we retire Ray’s instead.
He also can't say it is the best.  Really a non-issue.  Nice way of saying he really likes his current wife, without really trashing his ex wives.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
See...this dude is determined to beat BOS..

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24992641/rajon-rondo-makes-championship-los-angeles-lakers-priority

"I need another ring," Rondo said after practice on Monday. "It's simple. I want to be the first to win for the two most historic franchises that's ever put a basketball to use. So, I got one in Boston and I'd love to get one with this organization."

I can't ever say he's dead to me because of all the Good Times in Green...dude was essentially Mini-KG.

But don't think for one minute if we meet in June somehow in the near future that we won't get Rondo's very best.

If Kyrie isn't ready he's going to get Rondo'd.

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
So, I found the whole quote over at Silver Screen and Roll, and it seems this is most likely a direct shot at Doc/Danny, and not the organization as a whole.

“This is definitely a players-first organization,” Rondo said after practice on Monday. “I can’t say it’s not the best I’ve ever played for as far as the staff.”

I can't say I'm terribly surprised by that, given Rondo's tenuous relationship over the years with Doc/Danny.

Anyways, here's a link with a bit more context to the quotes:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/10/15/17980552/la-lakers-news-rajon-rondo-best-organization-young-core-film-study-practice-report
TP.  Significantly different quote than originally posted.  I doubt that it is directed at Doc.  Rondo and Doc may have butted heads sometimes but Rondo clearly gets along with and respects Doc.  Doc is most certainly a player's coach and he let Rondo run the show most of the time.  Danny and the organization as a whole are a different story,  Great GM and great org but I wouldn't call either players-first.

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:10 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
time to burn my Rondo jersey