Author Topic: Timelord highlights vs Spurs - feeling giddy  (Read 20613 times)

Re: Timelord highlights vs Spurs - feeling giddy
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 02:33:32 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
If Williams can keep developing he’s perfect for this team.  Low maintenance, energy guy.  He has zero offense but potentially this team can absorb that at one spot.

Limited? Yes. He is a very good and underrated passer. He will have to start making jumpers, at least, but his passing is excellent for a big. This isn't new either, anyone who looked at his college highlights could see his passing was really good.

I hope they make him shoot more, we keep letting Grant do it and he's been terrible. Let Rob shoot and see if he sinks or swims.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 04:52:48 AM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3S1UyG0fwY

If this is things to come,  oh man are the Celtics in for a treat.  Robert Williams showcased amazing stuff on both ends.  Swatting balls left and right.  Really good passing skills.  But those alley hoop dunks...  amazing

He still needs to play with more consistency, improve his jump shot and add some more mass. But in my opinion, Celtics have found their starting center/pf (starting next season and beyond)

He does need to keep working and hard but he's a 22 year old big man with elite athleticism. He can up so quickly it looks like he's jumping off one of those little trampolines. 

TP for clips!

yeah Scal was saying this all night long

Listening to Scal, I couldn´t help but think of Homer.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If Williams can keep developing he’s perfect for this team.  Low maintenance, energy guy.  He has zero offense but potentially this team can absorb that at one spot.

Limited? Yes. He is a very good and underrated passer. He will have to start making jumpers, at least, but his passing is excellent for a big. This isn't new either, anyone who looked at his college highlights could see his passing was really good.

I hope they make him shoot more, we keep letting Grant do it and he's been terrible. Let Rob shoot and see if he sinks or swims.
Agreed.  He is not "zero" on offense by any means.  Dunks count for 2 points, he's an excellent passer, and he can actually shoot a mid-range but hasn't had the opportunity.

Robert Williams right now is much better than Jacob Poetl or Trey Lyles.  Those guys had no chance.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 07:41:50 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

NOPE! 

Plenty of scorers on this team, let him stick to his pick 'n' roll game for monster lobs on offense. 

He shouldn't be focused on anything but setting screens for teammates, rebounding, and defense. 

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Not sure if this was in the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2GfZweUqo

About 15 seconds in, Williams tips out an offensive rebound to Walker and immediately points to Tatum who was mostly open in the corner. His offensive reads are very quick. It's his defensive reads that still need work.

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
once he gets his defensive reads down he is going to be a beast.

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What gets me excited the most is if Williams continues to play the way he played last night, it's going to cause match-up problems for other teams. It'll be hard to defend a very athletic 6'8 who can attack the rim like him.

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 09:12:33 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I also love that Williams seems to be a genuinely good kid

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Smart does a great job of looking for R.Williams.

Now the other players on the team got to follow suit. There are more easy baskets to be had if they do.

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 09:33:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

True

And his free throw shooting percentage shows promise (can lead to becoming at least a solid mid range jump shooter)

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
What gets me excited the most is if Williams continues to play the way he played last night, it's going to cause match-up problems for other teams. It'll be hard to defend a very athletic 6'8 who can attack the rim like him.
Is he really only 6'8''??
He looks at least 6'10'' to me, but after checking various sources he's really listed at 6'8" or 6'9". Interesting

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 09:48:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He looks at least 6'10'' to me, but after checking various sources he's really listed at 6'8" or 6'9". Interesting
Short neck and small head I think.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Short neck and small head I think.
Haha maybe. But if so then it's actually good, because that doesnt affect his ability to play big, standing reach and wingspan is what matters.

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Eh I wouldn't say that. The ability to pass a little as a big man can open up some interesting options. And the ability to put vertical pressure on the rim is a kind of gravity that can be useful to an NBA offense. 4 guys who can shoot, pass and drive with one big time lob threat who can also pass could be a very interesting NBA offense. Its like a more egalitarian Houston offense.

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Not sure if this was in the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2GfZweUqo

About 15 seconds in, Williams tips out an offensive rebound to Walker and immediately points to Tatum who was mostly open in the corner. His offensive reads are very quick. It's his defensive reads that still need work.

Yeah, he has terrific vision. His athleticism makes can make him a menace on defense, the kind of player that opponents are always having to look over their shoulder for (if he can continue to become more disciplined). But offensively, his passing gives another dimension to his game aside from just being a rim-runner that can make him dangerous on both ends.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008