Author Topic: Kyrie is mind boggling  (Read 6232 times)

Kyrie is mind boggling
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:24:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Watching Jason be so skilled,so young and Brown make his huge leap but it is the skill level of Kyrie that borders on a magical illusion that is mind boggling .Hayward and Al bring a sensibility to the game while Jason brings skills so refined at such a young age-his smooth long first step and Jaylen with his powerfiul quickness and improved shooting

But i always go back to Kyrie, is it the number of moves in a sequence?The variations or the  inexplicable finishes wrong footed and arsenal of spins off the backboard.The dagger threes.
Or his passing as he breaks down the defense.
They say that Cleveland won the trade by adding some solid young players but Boston got an otherworldly player .
Mind boggling definitions--
intellectually  or emotionally overwhelming
Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing
That sort of sums up Kyrie

Re: Kyrie is mind boggling
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:40:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
TP rollie. I agree with you about how magical some of his skills are. We’re talking about a guy who is arguably the best ball-handler ever, as well as being one of the most creative and gifted finishers at the ring.
I think now that he has some stability and continuity, next to a team where he is the alpha, we will see the best Kyrie we’ve ever seen
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 11:30:02 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I understand why Kyrie is not generally considered a top 10, top 5 player.  He doesn’t have the around game of the highest superstars.   

But man, he ehen  he puts it all together he is truly unstoppable.  An absolute magician that can out battle any guy out there.  And as good as he was last year, we still have yet to see the best of Kyrie.

Scary.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It seems the team that gets the best player is the "winner" of the trade in many cases.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Someone once mentioned he might be the greatest ball handler of all time

Hard to disagree.. If not greatest he's top 5 at worst

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
And it's easy to forget that he's only 26.  Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be all that durable, but he's really just entering his prime basketball years.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Watching Jason be so skilled,so young and Brown make his huge leap but it is the skill level of Kyrie that borders on a magical illusion that is mind boggling .Hayward and Al bring a sensibility to the game while Jason brings skills so refined at such a young age-his smooth long first step and Jaylen with his powerfiul quickness and improved shooting

But i always go back to Kyrie, is it the number of moves in a sequence?The variations or the  inexplicable finishes wrong footed and arsenal of spins off the backboard.The dagger threes.
They say that Cleveland won the trade by adding some solid young players but Boston got an otherworldly player .
Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing

The guy who makes you watch what he did again and again on slo-mo - and you're still not entirely sure how he did that.

ESPN put up a stat that he has the best shooting percentage in the league on shots taken after 10 dribbles. Sounds right...

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 04:17:06 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Kyrie = Ronaldinho

BTW can we get rid of MedsTof member.
He is a spammer.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing

The guy who makes you watch what he did again and again on slo-mo - and you're still not entirely sure how he did that.

ESPN put up a stat that he has the best shooting percentage in the league on shots taken after 10 dribbles. Sounds right...

I hate that stat to be honest. With the way Stevens wants to run his offense (a lot of movement and passing) that speaks to ISO ball. Hopefully there weren't many attempts on this shot after 10 dribbles stat.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing

I hate that stat to be honest. With the way Stevens wants to run his offense (a lot of movement and passing) that speaks to ISO ball. Hopefully there weren't many attempts on this shot after 10 dribbles stat.

I agree with that. We don’t want any one guy holding the ball too long with so many offensive options.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing

I agree with that. We don’t want any one guy holding the ball too long with so many offensive options.
It is just another weapon in our arsenal.
I rather have it than not.
To have something doesn't mean you have to use it every time, but sometimes you need it.
Usually, these needs come in high-pressure situations where due to massive switching on defense, teams are forced to play more of ISO ball.

I like that we have the best ISO guy on the planet.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Astonishing,bewildering
Stunning,vivid
Staggering ,mind blowing

Kyrie is gorgeous to watch when he's on but toward the end of his season I was starting to get very frustrated with him just holding the ball over and over again on offense, especially in the late game. Even when the results were good the offense was stagnating around it.  If he can mix in some healthy ball movement in with the isolation our team can go to the next level.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Did we trade for Harden? ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I could not imagine watching every Celtics game, if Harden was on our team. That guy takes the joy out of the game and makes it unwatchable.

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Ok top 2. No. 1 on some nights.