Author Topic: Who do you want the Celtics to avoid for the 2018 draft?  (Read 6426 times)

Who do you want the Celtics to avoid for the 2018 draft?
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My list

-Doncic

He is slow and can't get by a semi decent defender.   He will have issues at the nba level, there is no way around it

- Bagley Jr.

Thin lower body, poor rim protector, inconsistent shooter,  projects passes.  Doesn't have crafty/skills to make things look easy.  Good athlete but nothing special.  I do like his work ethic and has a good upper body,..... but overall is raw

- Miles Bridges

Short pf that is a tweener not in a good way on the defensive end.

- Grayson Allen

Poor defender that can't keep up. 

Re: Who do you want the Celtics to avoid for the 2018 draft?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:51:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of the “top five”, I’m a bit skeptical of Doncic and Bamba, which probably means those will be the two best players in the draft.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 04:54:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Of the “top five”, I’m a bit skeptical of Doncic and Bamba, which probably means those will be the two best players in the draft.

;D

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bamba. Measurables are great but, I don't know, he just looks like he'll need lots of years to develop and I think he has the highest chance of never reaching his full potential.

I love Doncic. Think he has sneaky athleticism. Probably will nevrr be a great defender but his offensive potential is off the boards.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 05:01:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
My list

-Doncic

He is slow and can't get by a semi decent defender.   He will have issues at the nba level, there is no way around it

- Bagley Jr.

Thin lower body, poor rim protector, inconsistent shooter,  projects passes.  Doesn't have crafty/skills to make things look easy.  Good athlete but nothing special.  I do like his work ethic and has a good upper body,..... but overall is raw

- Miles Bridges

- Grayson Allen

Poor defender that can't keep up.

I’m not even sure Bagley has a good upper body.  Doesn’t seem to have wide shoulders, but what he does have going for him is very quick off his feet, agile, a great motor, and seems to play with great intensity. 

I’ve heard a few people mention Ayton has a so so basketball IQ so I worry about that. 

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bamba. Measurables are great but, I don't know, he just looks like he'll need lots of years to develop and I think he has the highest chance of never reaching his full potential.

I love Doncic. Think he has sneaky athleticism. Probably will nevrr be a great defender but his offensive potential is off the boards.

Agree with you about both, although I’d also say that Doncic could probably be a plus defender (although “great” is a poorly defined term).  So much of playing good NBA defense is just about being in the right place and competing on that end.  His court vision and BBIQ are very high, and he seems to have that compete-every-play mentality.  Combine that with good size for a wing, and while he might not wind up being an All-NBA defender, he won’t often be the weak link on a defense.  He’s an excellent defensive rebounder too, which certainly helps.

Ainge said that Tatum wasn’t a great athlete, but he certainly seems athletic enough for the NBA.  I think Doncic is similar on the athleticism scale.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:00:39 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
My list

-Doncic

He is slow and can't get by a semi decent defender.   He will have issues at the nba level, there is no way around it.

A very big LOL  :laugh:

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
My list

-Doncic

- Bagley Jr.

- Miles Bridges

- Grayson Allen

Poor defender that can't keep up. Also has mental problems on defense, keeps on being an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. by tripping people on purpose.

Fixed that for you :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
My list

-Doncic

He is slow and can't get by a semi decent defender.   He will have issues at the nba level, there is no way around it.

Yeah, that's a crazy take.

This is him at 17 years of age. vs OKC and Westbrook. Again, he was 17 in the video!! The kid arguably has the highest floor in the draft and his ceiling is sky high too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJBeaez-94

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Ha ha ha. They are my two favorites. Which probably means those will be the two worst players in the draft.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I think it's still too early to decide on these guys. My favorite player so far has to be Doncic. He's the one I've watched the most going against high level competition.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My list

-Doncic

Yeah, this is so removed from reality it's not funny
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I wouldn't want to draft Trae Young.  Not interested in a guy who has almost no projection on one end of the court.  He may very well become a good player, but it won't hurt my feelings if it happens somewhere else.  Let somebody else take that risk.

Ayton is my favorite from this draft.  Bagley is a close second - I think he's more of a project than people let on especially on the defensive end, but the talent is terrific.  I have concerns about the other three - Doncic, Bamba, Porter - but would be happy to draft any of them. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:08:05 PM by Atzar »

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I wouldn't want to draft Trae Young.  Not interested in a guy who has almost no projection on one end of the court.  He may very well become a good player, but it won't hurt my feelings if it happens somewhere else.  Let somebody else take that risk.

Ayton is my favorite from this draft.  Bagley is a close second - I think he's more of a project than people let on especially on the defensive end, but the talent is terrific.  I have concerns about the other three - Doncic, Bamba, Porter - but would be happy to draft any of them.
Exactly how I feel, except I have Doncic on the same level as Ayton and Bagley
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Exactly how I feel, except I have Doncic on the same level as Ayton and Bagley

That's fair.  I've only seen a little of Doncic. 

I kind of see him as similar to Lonzo Ball but without a broken shot.  Is that at all accurate?