Author Topic: Pistons/Kings and Celtics trade idea - rebuild plan  (Read 5365 times)

Re: Pistons/Kings and Celtics trade idea - rebuild plan
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
thoughts?
Why are we aching so much to become the Sacramento Kings?
thoughts?
Why are we aching so much to become the Sacramento Kings?

Not a fan of wiggins or gordon?? Would u rather not develop and be like the cHeaters?

Hate to say it, but there's nothing wrong with what Miami did. I wish the Celts one day could go out and land the 3 best players in the NBA in free agency.

Btw, I am also not a fan of Wiggins. I think there's a little too much premature enthusiasm over some of the guys in this year's draft like Wiggins and Embiid.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not a fan of wiggins or gordon?? Would u rather not develop and be like the cHeaters?
Next time anyone developed a winning team with flashy wing players and big men who don't play defense would be the first.

And from the standpoint of player development, the Heat followed the Celtics 2008 blueprint to the dot. I have absolutely no preference one way or the other.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm just not a fan of relying on draft picks to lead us to contention.

Not every team can follow the same exact blueprint as OKC.

The idea of Wiggins having a ceiling to Shawn Marion, doesn't make me feel good enough to take a plunge in trying to trade away our best players for unproven ones.

We have a large amount of picks, and expiring contracts. Danny Ainge seems like the patient type of guy, but if superstars/Allstars are on the trading block, Ainge will be the first one calling.

Next time anyone developed a winning team with flashy wing players and big men who don't play defense would be the first.

And from the standpoint of player development, the Heat followed the Celtics 2008 blueprint to the dot. I have absolutely no preference one way or the other.

Agreed 100%.

Lebron even admitted the Celtics were a huge reason, and motivation for him to form the Big 3, cause he was tired of losing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
So let me get this straight Detroit has so little value in this draft and of Monroe they would trade the 8th pick and Monroe (putting aside the difficulty of that trade) for Sullinger and Green and then Boston turns right back around and trades Rondo for the 7th pick and Jason Thompson.  The shear disconnect in value of players and draft picks is astonishing.  And to be clear, even if this could somehow be logistically worked out, there is no chance of Detroit ever trading Monroe and the 8th pick for Sullinger and Green.  None at all.  It will never happen. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So let me get this straight Detroit has so little value in this draft and of Monroe they would trade the 8th pick and Monroe (putting aside the difficulty of that trade) for Sullinger and Green and then Boston turns right back around and trades Rondo for the 7th pick and Jason Thompson.  The shear disconnect in value of players and draft picks is astonishing.  And to be clear, even if this could somehow be logistically worked out, there is no chance of Detroit ever trading Monroe and the 8th pick for Sullinger and Green.  None at all.  It will never happen.

Well like someone already said cant tradd monroe until after the draft anyways. Monroe and a future 1st or kcp then. Monroe is not a guy highly saught for in the nba. Det getting green and sully is better for their lineup

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »

fitzhickey

So a point guard who can't shoot, a 19 y/o shooting guard as a first option, a small forward who can't shoot, a weak power forward who is a strong passer (hard to do when nobody can shoot) and a solid center.

That's a disgustingly bad team, besides that #1 pick ain't getting traded