Author Topic: celtics bulls rockets  (Read 2558 times)

celtics bulls rockets
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:34:09 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

Re: celtics bulls rockets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »

fitzhickey

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n85ybvj
How the heck do we fit in Sully, KO and Boozer at the 4. Plus what 3 man do we use?

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:16:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25606
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There is zero chance the Rockets would take on Wallace.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
A few questions:

1) Why would the Bulls give up Boozer (who will be on an expiring contract next year) in return for Keith Bogans and Joel Anthony?  Boozer isn't the player he used to be, but Bogans and Anthony are true bench warmers.  I don't think they'd do a deal that one side even for the cap saving.

2) Why would Houston trade Asik and Lin (as mediocre as they are) for Gerald Wallace and Jeff Green?  Wallace just had surgery and is on one of the leagues worst contracts, and Green isn't good enough that you'd take THAT much garbage on to get him.

3) Why would boston do this trade?  We get a rediculously overpaid center who is a major offensive liability, a massively overpaid PG that is a major defensive liability, another slow power forward who can't defend (to add to the four we already have) and end up with no SF on our roster at all.

There is not a single team here that this makes any sense for. Boston would be taking back THIRTY MILLION worth of contracts, destroying every ounce of cap flexibility we have just to take on three mediocre has-beens with zero trade value...all while we are in a rebuilding phase that depends so much on cap flexibility.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:59:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25606
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A few questions:

1) Why would the Bulls give up Boozer (who will be on an expiring contract next year) in return for Keith Bogans and Joel Anthony?  Boozer isn't the player he used to be, but Bogans and Anthony are true bench warmers.  I don't think they'd do a deal that one side even for the cap saving.

They might do it for cap relief.  The question for them is, would they be better off taking Anthony's $4 million guaranteed salary, or instead just amnestying Boozer and biting a $15 million salary bullet (but with instant cap savings).

2) Why would Houston trade Asik and Lin (as mediocre as they are) for Gerald Wallace and Jeff Green?  Wallace just had surgery and is on one of the leagues worst contracts, and Green isn't good enough that you'd take THAT much garbage on to get him.

Yeah, no way Houston does this.  They're trying to clear cap space, not take on a terrible contract.  Plus, they don't really need Green with Parsons there.

3) Why would boston do this trade?  We get a rediculously overpaid center who is a major offensive liability, a massively overpaid PG that is a major defensive liability, another slow power forward who can't defend (to add to the four we already have) and end up with no SF on our roster at all.

There is not a single team here that this makes any sense for. Boston would be taking back THIRTY MILLION worth of contracts, destroying every ounce of cap flexibility we have just to take on three mediocre has-beens with zero trade value...all while we are in a rebuilding phase that depends so much on cap flexibility.

It depends on what you mean by cap flexibility.  The Celtics would add a lot of payroll this year.  However, they'd clear their books of $19+ million in salary next year, and $10+ million the following year.  If you look at Boozer / Lin / Asik as expiring contracts, rather than guys you're going to keep going forward, this saves the Celtics a ton of money.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:03:18 AM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
There really needs to be a step two with this trade. We get an other PF, along with Sully,KO,Bass, and Humps if you bring him back. You really only need 2 PF's and one that could swing to the C.

There is also no reason to bring Asik to this team, unless your plan is to bring in Melo, or Love in a trade. Yeah we need a rim protector, but unless we are getting win now players in some signings or trades, I'd rather give Fav an other shot or bring Iverson back over. We already have them and they are cheap, and if not contending wont do much with the win/lose column. 

Lin makes little sense too with Rondo and Pressy. Yeah Lin is better than Pressy right now, but Lin is getting 14 mill next season. And Huston isn't going to get rid of Asik and Lin with out getting Rondo.

Plus I hope we are drafting a SF, because we get REALLY thin at that spot giving up Green and Wallace.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There really needs to be a step two with this trade. We get an other PF, along with Sully,KO,Bass, and Humps if you bring him back. You really only need 2 PF's and one that could swing to the C.

There is also no reason to bring Asik to this team, unless your plan is to bring in Melo, or Love in a trade. Yeah we need a rim protector, but unless we are getting win now players in some signings or trades, I'd rather give Fav an other shot or bring Iverson back over. We already have them and they are cheap, and if not contending wont do much with the win/lose column. 

Lin makes little sense too with Rondo and Pressy. Yeah Lin is better than Pressy right now, but Lin is getting 14 mill next season. And Huston isn't going to get rid of Asik and Lin with out getting Rondo.

Plus I hope we are drafting a SF, because we get REALLY thin at that spot giving up Green and Wallace.

I agree that we need to have a bigger move set up other than Boozer if we are taking on Asik (and Lin), but from all reports around CB  ;) Houston would love to clear their books of both those guys to make room for Carmelo and we are one of the few teams who can do it (with the TPE for one and non-guaranteed contracts for the other). Maybe a late first or early 2nd is involved, but in no way would we be required to give up Rondo as well. The Rondo to Houston trade ideas involved Parsons and multiple firsts coming back, the Asik and Lin parts of the deal were essentially favors to them.

I also agree that they really have no use for Green or Wallace and would much rather just clear their salaries. Also, I am not as down on Boozer as others, but we are pretty loaded up at the PF position, a number of trades of our young guys would have to take place before bringing him on.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
There seems to be a prevailing belief by many members of this site that we can unload Wallace at a relatively painless cost. The deal that is acceptable to other teams would be Wallace and our 2014 1st for an expiring contract of a little used, overpaid player on a bad team. I don't want to do that. Wallace becomes somewhat valuable to us in 2015-2016 as an expiring contract that could be used in combination with a number of draft choices and young talent to get an unhappy star on some other team.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
There is zero chance the Rockets would take on Wallace.

Yeah I could see this deal for Houston if lin stayed a rocket and Wallace a Celtic but then Boston won't do this.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14