Author Topic: Richardson out tonight  (Read 1894 times)

Richardson out tonight
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:21:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Josh Richardson out tonight due to migraine

Chris Forsberg: Celtics say Josh Richardson is out vs. Knicks due to a migraine. – via Twitter ChrisForsberg

Should have signed Fournier. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Richardson out tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:22:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
First game of the season and already an injury

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:43:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

More of an ailment, than an Injury, but yeah. Guess that means more  Romeo and Nesmith which is absolutely fine with me. Team has too many shooting guards and half of them can’t shoot.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 06:44:44 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Migraines suck.  I get 4-5 a week.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 07:04:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ex wife got them regularly. I didn't realize how bad they can be until I started getting them about 2 years ago. I should have been more empathetic and sympathetic to what she was going through. Migraine pain can be debilitating.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 07:12:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

No, the trouble already started BEFORE the regular season, with covid for Brown and Horford. I'm sure the hospital Celtics are just getting started.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Ex wife got them regularly. I didn't realize how bad they can be until I started getting them about 2 years ago. I should have been more empathetic and sympathetic to what she was going through. Migraine pain can be debilitating.

Mine started in my 30's and I used to be pretty much done for the day when I got one - which thankfully wasn't frequent -- sometimes monthly, sometimes once every 2-3 months.   Now, also thankfully, I get the "aura" that lasts for about 20-30 minutes but where it used to then turn into a nasty headache, it doesn't anymore. The aura is pretty much it - I can go about my business after it's done.  Just feel a little spacey. 

BTW the aura I get is blinding and bizarre, no pain but really strange.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 07:21:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Horford and Brown with covid, Pritchard with a broken nose, Richardson with migraines, yeah, hospital Celtics are in mid-season form.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Mine started in my 30's and I used to be pretty much done for the day when I got one - which thankfully wasn't frequent -- sometimes monthly, sometimes once every 2-3 months.   Now, also thankfully, I get the "aura" that lasts for about 20-30 minutes but where it used to then turn into a nasty headache, it doesn't anymore. The aura is pretty much it - I can go about my business after it's done.  Just feel a little spacey. 

I get the same type of migraines.  I've never had a headache with it.  They tend to happen when I've been training exceptionally hard for a race or triathlon but not while I'm actually training.  My vision will kind of go away for 20-30 minutes.  I'll see strange lights and it's kind of impossible to see what I'm trying to look at.  I was worried I was having a stroke or something the first few times.  I went to to an optometrist thinking maybe I was having a pressure issue and he was pretty certain I was having migraines with no headache.  It really is bizarre.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 09:27:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Mine are such that I have to go into the bedroom, make it completely dark, and put an icepack Over my eyes. A couple times, after having it for more than a day, I went to the doctor's office and had to get a shot of something because my blood pressure was through the roof, not at its normal 110/70. I got one of those black eye masks that you refrigerate and wear that now when I get them.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 12:00:30 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Mine are such that I have to go into the bedroom, make it completely dark, and put an icepack Over my eyes. A couple times, after having it for more than a day, I went to the doctor's office and had to get a shot of something because my blood pressure was through the roof, not at its normal 110/70. I got one of those black eye masks that you refrigerate and wear that now when I get them.

the bolded is exactly what I have to do when I have had them.  I used to think they were sinus headaches, but eventually I learned more about migraines and realized that they were too intense to be a sinus headache. 

I have the same exact sensitivity to light as well.  I need to lay down and it needs to be dark.  It feels like my eyes, sinuses, and head are locked in a vice.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 04:04:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow, that's a lot! At my worst I was about one a week. Buying a memory foam pillow and doing neck exercises helped a lot, but still get them when I'm quite stressed. Painkillers were often a crutch
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 06:42:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Wow, that's a lot! At my worst I was about one a week. Buying a memory foam pillow and doing neck exercises helped a lot, but still get them when I'm quite stressed. Painkillers were often a crutch
I was taught the neck exercises by a chiropractor.  I thought they were helping for a little while but it didn't turn out to be a solution for me.  The reasoning behind them makes sense though.

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 10:46:36 AM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34

Exactly what I get.  I'll get the darkening vision around the edges with spots of light starting to appear, and then I know that a killer headache is about 30 minutes away.  First time I got an aura from a migraine, I went to the ER as I thought I was having a stroke because of my vision darkening and everything. Was really scary.