Author Topic: 2020 Mock Off-Season Free Agency Thread  (Read 36945 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
As many of us will only have the mid-level exception (be it full or taxpayer) to use, can you tell us what amount it should be?  If you don't have an amount, I recommend the following numbers, which are based on a 7.3% increase (the same percentage as the cap increase we're using this year):

Full MLE - $9.937M
Taxpayer MLE - $6.138M
Room -- $5.117M
Bi-Annual - $3.886M

I'd like to use shamsports so people have a tool to track things.

Full MLE - 9.924M
Taxpayer MLE - 6.129
Room -- ??? Not sure how to calculate? ($5.1244M I think?)
Bi-Annual - 3.883M

Those numbers are all good to me (I think you have the room number correct for them based on the other 3).  The capulator loads very poorly on my device, so I've had a tough time finding these numbers on it, as well as minimum salaries.  (These minutia are very important to a team like the Pacers with a very tight budget and few open roster spots).

Yeah, we are quibbling about numbers that likely won't even be correct when the real off-season does roll around.

Yeah, I'm a quibbler when it comes to these things, if no one has noticed.  :) But I want to run my team as realistically as possible given established parameters.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
As many of us will only have the mid-level exception (be it full or taxpayer) to use, can you tell us what amount it should be?  If you don't have an amount, I recommend the following numbers, which are based on a 7.3% increase (the same percentage as the cap increase we're using this year):

Full MLE - $9.937M
Taxpayer MLE - $6.138M
Room -- $5.117M
Bi-Annual - $3.886M

I'd like to use shamsports so people have a tool to track things.

Full MLE - 9.924M
Taxpayer MLE - 6.129
Room -- ??? Not sure how to calculate? ($5.1244M I think?)
Bi-Annual - 3.883M

Those numbers are all good to me (I think you have the room number correct for them based on the other 3).  The capulator loads very poorly on my device, so I've had a tough time finding these numbers on it, as well as minimum salaries.  (These minutia are very important to a team like the Pacers with a very tight budget and few open roster spots).

Yeah, we are quibbling about numbers that likely won't even be correct when the real off-season does roll around.

Yeah, I'm a quibbler when it comes to these things, if no one has noticed.  :) But I want to run my team as realistically as possible given established parameters.

That's why we love you around here, salt!

• Paul Silas
Woj reports that the Indiana Pacers have reached a 4 year/22.6 million dollar contract with Harry Giles. They also will resign Justin Holliday, but details of his contract are not released.

"What does this mean for Miles Turner?" Bill Simmons posted on twitter.

• Paul Silas
Woj reports that Beasley and Hermangomez have both agreed to deals to resign with the Wolves

Malik Beasley - 4 Years $70 Million
Juancho Hernangomez - 3 Years $40 Million

• Paul Silas
Suns Aron Baynes two year, 20M, team option
Raptors Marc Gasol one year, 26M

Talks broke down between Serge Ibaka and the Raptors. Ibaka reportedly is willing to go somewhere that can guarantee more years.

Fred Van Fleet, the darling of this year's free agent class, appears poised to resign with the Raptors, but he is waiting to see if he receives another offer.

After their teams failed to contact them, both Gallinari and Favors appear more willing to sign elsewhere to an interested party that can offer good money.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:04:00 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

• Paul Silas
Tristan Thompson will sign with the Lakers for the mid-level over four years.

• Paul Silas
Sixers pursuing Joe Harris.

Spurs reportedly have had talks with Josh Jackson. Nothing imminent.

Clippers resign Marcus Morris for three years and 30 million.

Montrezl Harrell reportedly looking for a contract in the range of 20 million dollars a year over four years. Right now the Clippers appear content to let him go find an offer.

• Paul Silas
Bucks have signed Kyle Korver to a one-year minimum contract. Reports are that Noah Vonleh may be headed there as well, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Celtics have signed Brad Wanamaker to a one-year minimum.

• Paul Silas
Andre Roberson back to the Thunder on a one year prove-it minimum contract.

• Paul Silas
Dwight Howard will return to the Lakers. Details of the contract are still unclear, but with the addition of Thompson, its unlikely to be more much more than the minimum.

• Paul Silas
Paul Milsap reportedly listening to a long-term offer from the Orlando Magic after the Nuggets failed to reach out to his agent. Milsap was reportedly looking at offers in Orlando at various points in his career.

• Paul Silas
Hassan Whiteside reportedly looking for a four year, 100 million dollar contract.

::) ::) ;) ;)

• Paul Silas
DJ Augustine will resign with the Magic on a minimum contract.

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Hassan Whiteside reportedly looking for a four year, 100 million dollar contract.

::) ::) ;) ;)

I am, too!
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Woj reports that the Indiana Pacers have reached a 4 year/22.6 million dollar contract with Harry Giles. They also will resign Justin Holliday, but details of his contract are not released.

"What does this mean for Miles Turner?" Bill Simmons posted on twitter.

Fascinating. My interpretation has been that Kevin Pritchard, like Larry Bird before him, has made mostly savvy decisions in the face of difficult financial constraints. Giles gets a second chance on a hitherto forgettable career - and an exit from an impossible situation. This is not onerous money for the team, either, and so, despite Bill Simmons, I’d bet that this means nothing for Myles Turner’s future in Indiana.

Suns Aron Baynes two year, 20M, team option

Congratulations! Rich contract, in my estimation, but it’s only for two years - meaning that his value to a young developing team is maximized without hobbling their future.

Raptors Marc Gasol one year, 26M

Makes perfect sense.

Talks broke down between Serge Ibaka and the Raptors. Ibaka reportedly is willing to go somewhere that can guarantee more years.

This is the Al Horford 2019 situation. The team is drawing a line, an older player is looking for security.

Paul Milsap reportedly listening to a long-term offer from the Orlando Magic after the Nuggets failed to reach out to his agent. Milsap was reportedly looking at offers in Orlando at various points in his career.

Maybe he’d be a replacement for Ibaka? Toronto looks like a good fit for him, and they’ve got a better chance than Orlando for a title.

Celtics have signed Brad Wanamaker to a one-year minimum.

Well, well.

I don’t think that his game gets much respect around here, but he’s got things that he does well - like get to the line a lot; and he led the NBA in FT%.

Clippers resign Marcus Morris for three years and 30 million.

Movin on up. That’s what, double what he made in Boston.

Montrezl Harrell reportedly looking for a contract in the range of 20 million dollars a year over four years. Right now the Clippers appear content to let him go find an offer.

I guess I would have paid him and taken a firmer line with Marcus Morris.

Tristan Thompson will sign with the Lakers for the mid-level over four years.

So this is LeBron getting the guys he’s comfortable with around him? Old familiar pattern? They’ve got Javale, Dwight (apparently), and AD getting Center minutes already.

Woj reports that Beasley and Hermangomez have both agreed to deals to resign with the Wolves

Malik Beasley - 4 Years $70 Million
Juancho Hernangomez - 3 Years $40 Million

Too much.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021