Author Topic: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)  (Read 18902 times)

Re: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Giannis is definitely wired differently than most NBA stars. Maybe he will stay. But how are the Bucks otherwise going to improve?

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Is it possible to do a trade involving Hayward for Giannis?

Give them Hayward, Romeo, #14 + future 1sts and some more lol.

Or would they have to work out some S&T involving Giannis signing some sort of extension
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2020, 06:09:25 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
With all due respect, you guys live in fantasy land. Again, Giannis wants to stay in Milwaukee. He literally said that he will not ask for a trade and he'll do whatever he can to help his team win games.

Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving pre-emptively squashed the drama that was sure to accompany his impending free agency.

According to Turner Sports' Kristen Ledlow, Irving told fans in attendance during Thursday night's tip-off event at TD Garden that he plans to be in Boston for the long haul.

"I'm planning on re-signing here next year," he said.

Citing sources, The Athletic's Shams Charania reported Irving "has also communicated with Boston ownership over past several weeks and verbally committed plans to stay long-term."

Don’t believe everything that you read.  I have no idea what Giannis will do, but you can’t take his words at face value.
Agreed. Just because the media keep talking about possible trade scenarios, it doesn't mean that Giannis wants to leave. You said it yourself: "Don't believe everything that you read". I choose to believe Giannis over the talking heads on the media. Feel free to believe the talking heads.

Kyrie made that statement in October 2018 regarding his plans in the summer of 2019. At the time, he had the whole season ahead of him. Giannis is talking about his immediate future. The season is over for the Bucks. No more games left to play. If he hasn't changed his mind by now, I really don't think he'll suddenly ask for a trade.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:19:23 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2020, 03:42:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
With all due respect, you guys live in fantasy land. Again, Giannis wants to stay in Milwaukee. He literally said that he will not ask for a trade and he'll do whatever he can to help his team win games. The Bucks have zero incentive to trade him.

Quote from: Giannis Antetokounmpo
It’s not happening. That’s not happening (=he won't ask for a trade). Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season. If winning a championship was easy, everyone would have one. We lost. Everyone saw that we lost. It’s disappointing, but what are we going to do? We’re going to keep working. I’ve got confidence in my teammates. Everyone has a role to play. You see my brother, Thanasis, he’s always up cheering and doing whatever he can when he’s not playing. I’m no different. This is a team and I’m going to do whatever I can to help our team win games.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1303536725667569666
Nobody's word can be trusted.

LeBron, Davis, George, Kawhi, Butler and Kyrie all said similar things at certain points. The Bucks do have no incentive to trade him (although they really need to trade for a more athletic supporting cast) this upcoming year, but if they fall short again alarm bells will be going
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Interesting....

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1304814431336046595

Again, so much changes quickly. Giannis is the one superstar that seems old school enough to double-down on his team, regardless of how his career turns out. But things change. Maybe Milwaukee had an honest conversation with him. Maybe his teammates seem like they want out. Maybe his teammates don't like Bud, but he does. Maybe he is taking a break from thinking about his employment.