Author Topic: Javonte Green vs Max Strus  (Read 13431 times)

Re: Javonte Green vs Max Strus
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
The Celtics announce that they’ve waived Max Strus, so Javonte Green appears headed to the final roster.

https://twitter.com/adamhimmelsbach/status/1185662171352580102?s=21

Re: Javonte Green vs Max Strus
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »

Offline Vino

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Doubtful, but there's a chance that a 1 for 2 trade in the works.

Re: Jamonte Green vs Max Strus
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Strus in d-league is probably best. He didn't show enough in the games. He could still develop and be a NBA player.

Unfortunately it won't be the Red Claws. There is a rule in place that prevents players from playing for an NBA team's G-League affiliate if they are guaranteed more than $50K from that NBA team. I guess this makes sense as teams could otherwise offer whatever they wanted to just keep that player around in an unofficial capacity.

Let's all wish Max well in his future endeavors and be jealous that he got paid not to play basketball.

Should Tacko or Waters receive a promotion this year I think Strus could be re-signed to a two way. I like Strus' potential as a floor spreader

No, the amount of Strus’ guarantee from the Celtics makes him ineligible for a two-way this season with the team.
He can still sign in the d-league I thought. Not saying the red claws.

Re: Jamonte Green vs Max Strus
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2019, 11:44:56 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Strus in d-league is probably best. He didn't show enough in the games. He could still develop and be a NBA player.

Unfortunately it won't be the Red Claws. There is a rule in place that prevents players from playing for an NBA team's G-League affiliate if they are guaranteed more than $50K from that NBA team. I guess this makes sense as teams could otherwise offer whatever they wanted to just keep that player around in an unofficial capacity.

Let's all wish Max well in his future endeavors and be jealous that he got paid not to play basketball.

Should Tacko or Waters receive a promotion this year I think Strus could be re-signed to a two way. I like Strus' potential as a floor spreader

No, the amount of Strus’ guarantee from the Celtics makes him ineligible for a two-way this season with the team.
He can still sign in the d-league I thought. Not saying the red claws.

Correct...he can sign in the G-league, just not with Maine.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D