Author Topic: Thomas Robinson a rebounding machine  (Read 2050 times)

Re: Thomas Robinson a rebounding machine
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 02:25:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
It amazes me that people still don't get that gleague stats mean nothing....

I remember the glorious NBA career of G-League rookie of the year Abdel Nader...

I agree with your point about g-league stats / accolades but...

Man Nader got way too much hate when he was here.  For someone who 90% of this blog hated he is still in the nba, getting double digit minutes at OKC and being a contributor over there.

Nader never played and got loads of hate....

Re: Thomas Robinson a rebounding machine
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It amazes me that people still don't get that gleague stats mean nothing....

I remember the glorious NBA career of G-League rookie of the year Abdel Nader...

I agree with your point about g-league stats / accolades but...

Man Nader got way too much hate when he was here.  For someone who 90% of this blog hated he is still in the nba, getting double digit minutes at OKC and being a contributor over there.
TP

Nader has carved out a little spot for himself in this league and has been a bit of a success story for the G-league. And you'd think by now people would realize that one bad season does not equal a bad career.

The jump to the NBA from any other league is enormous. Even blue chip players often struggle in their first year.

As you noted Nader has been decent for the Thunder, his 2pt% has increased drastically to 51%. He's finally making a lot of the shots he was missing last year. The same ones he made previously in the G-league. And he always had enough size and speed to be an OK defender. Not shocking he has stuck around, when you consider his college career and his draft position he's actually a really nice mini-success story.

That is true, I'm happy for Nader, but he was horrible with his team here...

Rarely passed, didn't make smart decisions, took too many shots, and just didn't seem like much of a team player. I am glad everything worked out, but the way his playing style fit into the system, you can clearly see it wasn't going to work here.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different