Author Topic: Lecque and reid..  (Read 1686 times)

Lecque and reid..
« on: May 25, 2019, 08:58:24 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I see all those mock drafts having these kids as second rounders.. if we cannot get davis i would not mind trading back 22 pick to get 2 second rounders for those guys... reid has height length handling shooting rebounding needs a diet.. jalen is raw but his handling and athleticism is off charts

Re: Lecque and reid..
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:33:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I see all those mock drafts having these kids as second rounders.. if we cannot get davis i would not mind trading back 22 pick to get 2 second rounders for those guys... reid has height length handling shooting rebounding needs a diet.. jalen is raw but his handling and athleticism is off charts

No way the Cs trade back to add even more youth. Much more likely they try to trade one pick away for a future pick.

As for Reid and Lecque,

Reid, in theory he is a good fit given his sold size and perimeter skill. However I worry about his over all lack of feel on D, under whelming athleticism, and energy

Lecque, really interests me and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Celtics take a shot on him in the first round. He has an elite physical profile with his combination of size and explosiveness. He will be a long term project but one who could pay major dividends down the road
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

No way the Cs trade back to add even more youth. Much more likely they try to trade one pick away for a future pick.

As for Reid and Lecque,

Reid, in theory he is a good fit given his sold size and perimeter skill. However I worry about his over all lack of feel on D, under whelming athleticism, and energy

Lecque, really interests me and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Celtics take a shot on him in the first round. He has an elite physical profile with his combination of size and explosiveness. He will be a long term project but one who could pay major dividends down the road

Agree on Lecque
And reading he is already an involved defender

I would be satisfied with Brandon Clarke and Lecque choices

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
A. on a team that's trying to compete now, why the desire to add yet more young players
B. why the desire to add 2 lesser prospects than just 1 better prospect.
C. if they were really good prospects, they'd be looked at as first rounders

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:44:37 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I have been liking both these guys for a while.

They are workers and as players who can give you 5 minutes a game its worth the gamble.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
From the one video I saw Lecque’s athleticism looks off the charts but his handle looks sub par. You’d be betting a lot on his athleticism. Kedrick Brown redux?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:36:35 PM by libermaniac »

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 02:33:03 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
What i saw this year is that a contender has maximum 10 rotational players... we thought we can have 15 with many A dogs who never gave their soul for their team.. so i want to see this... 2 a dogs.. 3 to 5 guys who can be starters.. 2 3 specific role players.. (a shooter a true rim protector) and you still have 5 spots... having 4 picks why not use them??? 1 will play 2 will earn some timelord minutes 1 will be a bust.. i think the celtics must develop one youngster to have a role every year.. watch the spurs... so i do not see a problem even with 5 picks... if they have talent.. yabusele williams wannamaker bird and ojeleje have played together 5 to 7 min per game... maximum.. mediocre players with low ceiling... except williams..why not give a chance to a pick? If you draft bol little lecque and reid will you be unsatisfied?

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
What i saw this year is that a contender has maximum 10 rotational players... we thought we can have 15 with many A dogs who never gave their soul for their team.. so i want to see this... 2 a dogs.. 3 to 5 guys who can be starters.. 2 3 specific role players.. (a shooter a true rim protector) and you still have 5 spots... having 4 picks why not use them??? 1 will play 2 will earn some timelord minutes 1 will be a bust.. i think the celtics must develop one youngster to have a role every year.. watch the spurs... so i do not see a problem even with 5 picks... if they have talent.. yabusele williams wannamaker bird and ojeleje have played together 5 to 7 min per game... maximum.. mediocre players with low ceiling... except williams..why not give a chance to a pick? If you draft bol little lecque and reid will you be unsatisfied?

Brad's never had a 15-man rotation, and adding 4-5 rookies to a team that wants to contend is a recipe for disaster, especially if we go all in on Davis. We need vets at the end of the bench to mentor the young guys we already have.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
Am i the only one who thinks that we will not get davis and we will have to gamble with rookies.
? And it always depends how good of evaluator of talent you are... if you can find andd develop a leonard with a lower pick you will not need to sell a farm for davis.. anyway i believe griffin will keep davis until february at least...

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Am i the only one who thinks that we will not get davis and we will have to gamble with rookies.
? And it always depends how good of evaluator of talent you are... if you can find andd develop a leonard with a lower pick you will not need to sell a farm for davis.. anyway i believe griffin will keep davis until february at least...

It'd be great to find a diamond in the rough but you can't plan your offseason around discovering a Kawhi in the mid to late first round. That's a recipe for perpetual mediocrity.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3185
I prefer Luka Šamanić and Isaiah Roby to Lecque and Reid. I think they're better prospects.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I have seen Jalen play a bunch in person at Brewster Academy here in NH.
He would definitely win the NBA dunk contest and will also do something every night that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief.

That said, he is definitely no where near an NBA point guard at this time. Questionable shot and form. Average ball handler and inconsistent motor and involvement at times. I would not call him an "engaged defender" either.

I saw Donovan Mitchell play two years at Brewster too and I would say Jalen is a little behind what Donovan was when he left for Louisville. Donovan was stronger and a better defender.

Donovan was not a great shooter either, but had better form than Jalen. Jalen can dunk in places where Donovan cannot and that is saying something. Ridiculous some of the dunks Jalen threw down this year in traffic against elite D1 commits who are 6'9+.

If you count post graduate, Brewster has been the best HS/Prep team in country for awhile now and generally puts several players in NBA from each team. Their conference is toughest in country too, so no way Jalen has only played "sub par HS competition" as I saw in another thread. TJ Warren came off the bench at Brewster his senior year and was then ACC freshman of the year at NC State the next year. This is big time elite U19 basketball and Jalen was going up against tough PGs every night. He just needs to work hard for a couple of years and maybe he will be special.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 07:45:03 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
He would definitely win the NBA dunk contest and will also do something every night that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief.

That said, he is definitely no where near an NBA point guard at this time. Questionable shot and form. Average ball handler and inconsistent motor and involvement at times. I would not call him an "engaged defender" either.

I saw Donovan Mitchell play two years at Brewster too and I would say Jalen is a little behind what Donovan was when he left for Louisville. Donovan was stronger and a better defender.

Donovan was not a great shooter either, but had better form than Jalen. Jalen can dunk in places where Donovan cannot and that is saying something. Ridiculous some of the dunks Jalen threw down this year in traffic against elite D1 commits who are 6'9+.

If you count post graduate, Brewster has been the best HS/Prep team in country for awhile now and generally puts several players in NBA from each team. Their conference is toughest in country too, so no way Jalen has only played "sub par HS competition" as I saw in another thread. TJ Warren came off the bench at Brewster his senior year and was then ACC freshman of the year at NC State the next year. This is big time elite U19 basketball and Jalen was going up against tough PGs every night. He just needs to work hard for a couple of years and maybe he will be special.

TP and thanks to dog_lover for scouting report from Brewster Academy.

What team forum has that kind of resource?

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 11:41:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Lecque sounds like a more explosive Avery Bradley

still ways to go, to learn the game but the skeleton is there. Especially that ridiculous 43inch max vertical