Author Topic: Gerald Green gets cut from Chinese team  (Read 18062 times)

Re: Gerald Green gets cut from Chinese team
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
And as to Gerald, he would be our 3rd or 4th. Best player right now.

This team's best days might be behind us, but I don't think we've fallen so far the a D-Leaguer would be a top rotation player for us.  Especially when that D-Leaguer is probably the third best player on his D-League team (behind Brandon Costner and Elijah Millsap).
I'm a diehard Celtic Roy! But oh yes the mighty has fallen. Gerald can create Offense Better than anyone on our team. Instant offense from the bench would be his calling & he could start for Ray in a pinch. He is the Defenders Best player hands down I believe from watching many games. Although elijah Milsap can play & play good enough to be a backup PG in the league. Costner is a undersized 4 at about 6'7 but plays like a small forward with a Sean May body type. That's not a good look! I actually think Gerald could sscore 50 & only miss 5 shots all game & you guys would still find a way to bash him. He playing well & will be a dleague allstar, beat who is in front of you is the only way to get better.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Who ever posted this article apparently isn't up to date with his current affairs. Gerald Green is absolutely ripping the d-league apart right now! Go to dleague.com & check out his stats & numerous articles since signing with the L.A. Defenders. I REALLY DON'T Understand the G. Green hate being he did help us get Garnett & 18! And as to Gerald, he would be our 3rd or 4th. Best player right now. We need scoring & can do that better than anyone on our team at the present except for maybe Pierce.
Word to Morris Almond the guy who led the D League in scoring nd broke the record for 51 points in a game which roster is he on? lol bruh the D League aint the best barometer for evaluating players and to say he would be our 3rd or 4th best player is ridiculous

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
26.7 pts. 7rebs while shooting 53% FG & 58% 3's since becoming the starter. And check out his last 5 games he is shooting 65% FG & 68% 3's while averaging 27 plus pts. It's not a stretch at all to think he would be our 4th best & that may be too low! DLEAGUE.COM go look it up for yourself & watch the highlights.

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Does he still have that great 3pt shot with the high release?
He sure does & he was 6-9 from 3 last game. He honestly is playing great & WILL BE on someone roster contributing soon! Sure hope it would be us as our offense ills. We never score in the 100's anymore. And the Lakers can't use him as he would not get shots with Kobe around & Bynum & Gasol barely getting enough touches themselves.

That silky smooth high release and 3pt range...I can't believe that's not enough by itself to keep him on someone's roster as a minimum deep bench guy.  It really surprises me.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
And they'll still be people here who will be crying to give Mr. Potential another chance....  :P

Well, how many chances has Iverson had??  And the only potential Iverson has is to wreck a team.

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does he still have that great 3pt shot with the high release?
He sure does & he was 6-9 from 3 last game. He honestly is playing great & WILL BE on someone roster contributing soon! Sure hope it would be us as our offense ills. We never score in the 100's anymore. And the Lakers can't use him as he would not get shots with Kobe around & Bynum & Gasol barely getting enough touches themselves.

That silky smooth high release and 3pt range...I can't believe that's not enough by itself to keep him on someone's roster as a minimum deep bench guy.  It really surprises me.

I think Gerald's attitude rubs a lot of organizations the wrong way.  He was cut in China for being "me first" (and this is a league where J.R. Smith is thriving, and that's the same story we heard in Boston, Minnesota, Houston, and Dallas.  He doesn't work hard, he doesn't understand basketball, and all he cares about is scoring.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
And they'll still be people here who will be crying to give Mr. Potential another chance....  :P

Well, how many chances has Iverson had??  And the only potential Iverson has is to wreck a team.

Is this a serious post?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Just proves he sucks at basketball. He's a world class athlete he should dominate with that alone. It's pretty sad, hope he didn't blow his nba money.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
26.7 pts. 7rebs while shooting 53% FG & 58% 3's since becoming the starter. And check out his last 5 games he is shooting 65% FG & 68% 3's while averaging 27 plus pts. It's not a stretch at all to think he would be our 4th best & that may be too low! DLEAGUE.COM go look it up for yourself & watch the highlights.
Ard Gerald Green's agent like I said earlier D-League doesn't always translate to NBA success

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I think Gerald's attitude rubs a lot of organizations the wrong way.  He was cut in China for being "me first" (and this is a league where J.R. Smith is thriving, and that's the same story we heard in Boston, Minnesota, Houston, and Dallas.  He doesn't work hard, he doesn't understand basketball, and all he cares about is scoring.

Point of order, I'd rather instead of "thriving" we say, "putting up absurd numbers while missing the playoffs, in between faking a knee injury and two brawls between his family and Chinese fans."

Or at least something about "refusing to stay in the same hotels at his teammates."

More on topic, some NBA team is going to give Green another look this season, bank on it.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
What bothers me most about Gerald is that he's smart enough to at least say the right things. I don't think he's a complete knucklehead, I just think he might be the laziest player alive.

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Is this a serious post?

Completely serious.  Several people in this blog campaign for Danny to sign Iverson every year.  Based on what?  He couldn't excel in freaking Turkey. 

At least Green has athletism and says the right things.  Somebody will give him another chance.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
And as to Gerald, he would be our 3rd or 4th. Best player right now.

::)

:-X

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Gerald Greenn
let me see

Yes he could be the 17th best player on this team right now.
thats the best i can think for him

I mean,..... kicked from a team in china.... yes.... thats Pro

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

At least Green has athletism and says the right things.  Somebody will give him another chance.

well... I am not sure saying the right things will buy him a spot on any team

But i have a saturday park team that can use that vertical
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Gerald Green > Marquis Daniels