Author Topic: The Alienation of Kyrie Irving by Media  (Read 7704 times)

The Alienation of Kyrie Irving by Media
« on: June 11, 2018, 05:14:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The fact that the Celtics will /could entertain a meeting with Lebron.
Jalen Rose on Kyrie not happy for success of team.
Scouts Honor and Jeff Clark leading a crusade against Kyrie using Rozier,denigrating his father into a conspiracy,claiming his father has grudge against Celtics, taking a broadside against Kyrie for missing game seven,then an investigation into his missing game seven after it became an obvious medical issue--it was obsessive.
Trade Kyrie keep Rozier started before game seven
All the rumors of Lebron having meetings and with Celtics on list.
Kyrie for Kwai
Mannix on Celtics fears-
Mike Gorman nobody untradeable for Anthony Davis.
Rumors of what he said back at Cleveland about Knicks before the trade to Boston.
Rumors of rift with Smart

And Kyrie gets interviewed and all he said was taking care of body,getting ready to pursue a NBA title,one day at a time attitude, when time comes answer will be concise and he praises his team for weathering adversity.
The media is adding fuel to the fire,promoting fear ,repeating rumors as they are fact,,Then the criticisms of ball dominant,impeding progress ,poor defense,injury prone,knee issue despite a cleanup operation that found no structural damage.
The amount of negative chatter to gain audience exposure will drive off the fans of Kyrie and leave a fearful group with first strike mentality.
Kyrie has shown his teammates nothing but support,played defense and had a very good season
and is now surrounded with young talent and getting back Hayward

The Knicks couldn't wish for a better ally -a  divisive media intent on creating a interest(readers or listeners) while it alienates our superstar.

Re: The Alienation of Kyrie Irving by Media
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:56:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Some of those criticisms are legitimate, aren’t they?

As for the rest of it, that’s the NBA. Every star goes through the same things.  If Kyrie is as fragile as you’re implying, should we really be building around him?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:00:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Roy--Listen to Scouts Honor go back for weeks the constant non stop attacking of Kyrie and promotion of Rozier.The attempts to create a conspiracy with linkage to his dad ,Australia and Bret Brown.This was some serious repetitive caustic stuff.And this guy is featured here all the time.
We are so fortunate to have Kyrie. Why is our own press taking on a bias that is harmful to keeping Kyrie here and instilling an atmosphere of fear? .Why are the reporting of rumors knowing they are divisive?.
I took a chance posting this because appreciate the talent of Kyrie  and that a writer with ties to this site is so anti Kyrie confuses me.
What is that all about?I listen and read with an open mind and i understand its supposed to be entertainment.Is he serious?What are his goals? I had listened to that site several times before  but his views on Kyrie confused me at first,then segment after segment of promoting Rozier at Kyries expense. Making Kyrie an expendable trade asset,Scouts Honor kept ratcheting it up to the point of what seemed like an obsession.Maybe it was just building up a following?I admit to listening with morbid curiosity and bordering on anger at times
Free press i can choose not to listen.
To embellish his knee surgery and subsequent infection,with ties to Kwai sitting out with injury and free agency,the Australian connection and Brett Brown when he was pushing the Philly move.,This was before the building of a rumored Knicks destination by the press
ROY i just don't get why the media doesn't embrace and promote Kyrie while building a solid foundation to keep him.
If i have said anything to offend it was in defense of a Boston Celtic player that hasn't grown his roots yet.
Kyrie seemed destined to be here a long time  and that seemed the ultimate goal but the press seems overjoyed in creating a divide.
I don't think Kyrie is fragile  but anytime you have a superstar entering free agency, why alienate and promote discord.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:19:58 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What is Scouts Honor? Is it a podcast?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:22:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
-I picked it up on you tube Scouts Honor Jeff Clark-

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
No one's alienating him, he's alienating himself with his comments.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:27:24 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Scouts Honor with their massive audience of 2K subscribers is going to alienate Kyrie?

You running that YouTube and trying to promote it here or what?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:34:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have said it all along that is a plot to destabilize us from CLE.   It came from CLE locker room, and now LeBron wants to come here.   Mindgames, tis all it is....

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 07:47:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
-I picked it up on you tube Scouts Honor Jeff Clark-

It’s not the same Jeff Clark from CB. Sounds like it’s just some random Youtuber putting out click bait.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Its the same  guy ---google it-its a webcast
Its the same guy from the celtics mailbag-
He does Scouts honor probably from home anytime peace guys--
Roy i am not trying to be contentious but the guy writes differently than his Scouts Honor webcast-

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 08:05:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Its the same  guy ---google it-its a webcast
Its the same guy from the celtics mailbag-
He does Scouts honor probably from home anytime peace guys--
Roy i am not trying to be contentious but the guy writes differently than his Scouts Honor webcast-

They’re both named Jeff Clark but it’s not the same guy.  There’s another Jeff Clark who used to do some sports articles.  He probably branched our into video.

Jeff Clark on CB is about the farthest thing from a Kyrie-hating conspiracy theorist.  Here’s our Jeff Clark:

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/8/23/16188016/jeff-clark-reacts-to-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-trade-facebook-live-celtics-cavaliers-cavs

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I wonder if Danny’s ability to move players will hinder our ability to maintain long relationships (Tatum retiring a Celtic). Players may never feel like they’re here forever between rumors and Ainge trading players away.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I agree with the OP. It's almost like Celtics fans want to throw enough junk out there to get Kyrie to hit the road.

"Always injured"- not really.
"Fragile"- nope, this is a legit knee issue.
"Not a #1"- again, nope.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:17 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
ROY-its the same Jeff Clark from photo below your article-

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 08:51:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
ROY-its the same Jeff Clark from photo below your article-

Huh. Maybe the podcast guy is impersonating Jeff?  I’ll ask him directly, but it’s not the same voice and the viewpoints are inconsistent.

Can you provide me a link to the picture being used in connection with the podcast / YouTube channel?