Author Topic: Celtics Schedule Released  (Read 6804 times)

Re: Celtics Schedule Released
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
What happens to a team that gets a covid case and all players on the team get exposed? Are they immediately removed from season and or playoffs?

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What happens to a team that gets a covid case and all players on the team get exposed? Are they immediately removed from season and or playoffs?
I think at that point the NBA would need to discuss the "integrity of the game" and probably shut it all down.

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

That's a great question. And I think Nick's right, that they'd probably have to consider shutting down the season again. Though if it happens to be a team like the Wizards or Suns, maybe they continue?

I have another question though. What if say, Florida keeps getting worse and they decide to shutdown the state. Or even just the local officials of Orlando decide to shut everything down in the city and nearby areas. So would the NBA just be excluded from that and be allowed to continue? What are the options then? I say that as Florida has seen ~18,000 cases in just the last two days and hospitalizations are increasing there. I admittedly don't have the specific numbers in front of me, but Orlando I believe is one of the cities in FL getting hit hard as well lately.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'll watch the games but the truth is,  I've lost interest. 

there should be an asterisk 2019-2020 Champion.
I understand this. I especially could see a lot of people being turned of by the no fans in the seats format.

I have been to many high school and small college games with virtually no one in the stands and the lack of crowd reactions definitely affects the overall experience of enjoying the games.

And, this experience may be made worse as the television people are now not going to have crowd noise drowning out hearing the players on the court. Can't wait to see how the networks keep from broadcasting all the foul language that the players use on the court ALL THE TIME.
In Australia both the AFL and the NRL have been adding pre-recorded crowd noise to try and cancel out some of that eeriness. I don't mind the idea of less noise in the NBA though. Can't stand the endless noise, whether it's music, or the PA guy, or whatever.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Perk made his prediction on the Eastern team to go to the Finals. Yes, it was our beloved Celtics.

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 09:33:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Perk made his prediction on the Eastern team to go to the Finals. Yes, it was our beloved Celtics.

Celtics, Clippers or Bucks win it all: "Season has an asterisk"

Lakers win it all: "OMG LAKERS. OMG LEBRON THE GOAT"

(You know that's how the national media will play this out)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 04:00:23 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

I'll watch the games but the truth is,  I've lost interest. 

there should be an asterisk 2019-2020 Champion.
I understand this. I especially could see a lot of people being turned of by the no fans in the seats format.

I have been to many high school and small college games with virtually no one in the stands and the lack of crowd reactions definitely affects the overall experience of enjoying the games.

And, this experience may be made worse as the television people are now not going to have crowd noise drowning out hearing the players on the court. Can't wait to see how the networks keep from broadcasting all the foul language that the players use on the court ALL THE TIME.
In Australia both the AFL and the NRL have been adding pre-recorded crowd noise to try and cancel out some of that eeriness. I don't mind the idea of less noise in the NBA though. Can't stand the endless noise, whether it's music, or the PA guy, or whatever.

It's the same in the Premier League and the Bundesliga in soccer, they've been adding crowd noise and having cutout fans in the stands  :laugh:

I get it about the asterisk winners but if we win I'm sure none of us will be complaining...I saw Liverpool supporters (of which I am one) celebrating their team's Premiership win on TV and it didn't look like a single one cared that it was during an asterisk season. Now if the Fakers win on the other hand  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Celtics schedule is out
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2020, 03:29:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Should be interesting. A bit tough but what do you expect

https://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule

July 31 vs bucks, then Scroll to August

Found it interesting how many games are broadcasted on national and regional networks at the same time. NBC and ABC (espn) broadcasting the same game... crazy

FRIDAY
JUL 31
6:30 PM ET
 NBCSB, ESPN, NBC Sports Boston

vs Bucks

TBD
SUNDAY
AUG 2
3:30 PM ET
vs Blazers

NBCSB, ABC, NBC Sports Boston
 TBD
TUESDAY
AUG 4
vs Heat

WEDNESDAY
AUG 5
9:00 PM ET
vs Nets

TBD
FRIDAY
AUG 7
9:00 PM ET
vs Raptors

NBCSB, TNT, NBC Sports Boston
 TBD
SUNDAY
AUG 9
5:00 PM ET
vs magic

NBCSB, NBC Sports Boston
 TBD
TUESDAY
AUG 11
vs grizzlies

TBD
AUG 13
TBD
Vs Wizards
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 03:38:18 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
They should finish strong, at least.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008