Author Topic: Nets are disappointed that Kyrie isn’t with them  (Read 5654 times)

Nets are disappointed that Kyrie isn’t with them
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sean Marks admitted the Brooklyn Nets are "disappointed" by the absence of Kyrie Irving for personal reasons.

“I’m not going to shy away from it: Without a doubt the organization is disappointed with not having any one of our players, in this particular case, Kyrie, not amongst us — not in the trenches with us and so forth,” said Marks.

“I don’t want to speculate and say why he’s out and so forth. I’ve had conversations with him, and I’ll continue to have conversations. And we look forward to him being back in the gym where he will address this.”

Marks said he has been in touch with Irving as recently as Wednesday to discuss Brooklyn's trade for James Harden, but also said “you … hope there is an adequate, more than adequate excuse as to like why he needs personal time.”

“And he will address that, without a doubt,” Marks said.

The Nets have insisted that it will be Irving to explain his absence.

“I have talked to Kyrie, so I know he’s excited about getting back on the court with his teammates as soon as possible,” said Marks.

https://theathletic.com/2323680/2021/01/14/kyrie-irving-update-nets-disappointed-with-absence/

Re: Nets are disappointed that Kyrie isn’t with them
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:57:39 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
The Nets should've known this when they signed up for this prima donna.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Do you think Ainge had enough of his crap when he was a Celtic and never made him a real offer? 

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 08:46:34 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
As much I do not love what I saw while he was on our team, I do hope he will end up ok. Not OK as in winning a title but ok emotionally and mentally. Something is clearly going on here and maybe it is just that Basketball is not his priority but if that is the case, maybe he should retire and follow his passions. He has enough money to do so and nothing is more important than being happy and waking up with a passion for the day ahead.

The GM clearly sounds like he is in the dark with Kyrie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 09:29:27 PM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:47:48 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
As much I do not live what I saw while he was on our team, I do hope he will end up ok.
I don't. Ryen Russillo's podcast on the Nets was interesting.  Jackie Mac was on there and said that Kyrie apparently has issues with the whole deal about being an NBA player, the responsibilities to your team, expectations of fans etc.  He should just quit and give his spot to someone who's hungry to play in the league.  Nothing is requiring him to be an NBA player.

In the real world if you withhold services which you are contractually obligated to provide you either have your contract terminated, you get suspended or you get sued. 

The NBA is obviously it's own world.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I'm curious how Kyrie will deal with the Harden trade

Here is a guy who tanked his way off the Cavs not talking to teammates because he was 1a to Lebron james arguably the greatest player in current times.

Then he shot his way off the Celtics because he was jealous that Tatum and Brown were getting the accolades instead of him.

Now instead of being 1a with his buddy Durant, he is #3 in the pecking order. And we know from watching the rockets harden pouts when he doesn't get his shots. Doesn't move without the ball.

The moment Kyrie gets 10 shots a game is he going to lose interest?

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Interesting dynamic developing here. The Nets may very well be better off with Durant and Harden and no Kyrie. I could see that as settling down to being a sufficiently stable group, and being even more effective than Durant and Kyrie looked.

Would it be better for us if Kyrie calmed down enough to give it a try? That would produce an unstable equilibrium and probably would ruin the Nets. It seems impossible to believe that Kyrie could show the level of maturity necessary to make it work across a season.

As a C's fan, I'm hoping they keep this mess intact.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 10:33:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But according to SNYTV’s Tommy Dee, Irving is “furious” with the organization. And it has nothing to do with the team’s decision to onboard James Harden via a four-team trade, either.

Irving reportedly is upset by the Nets’ decision to hire Steve Nash as head coach because he was “not in favor” of it.

Dee also described the relationship between Irving and teammate Kevin Durant as “very distant.”

Surprise, surprise.

It’s unclear when Irving plans to rejoin the Nets, especially as he reportedly continues to ignore calls from the team.

In his first handful of years, this guy was one of my favorite players.  That handle, the confidence, the clutch shooting.

But, maybe five years ago or so, I was playing in a dynasty simulated league, and I argued I’d rather have Jrue Holiday than Kyrie.  People thought I was crazy, or just pimping my own team (I had Jrue). 

The most similar career to Kyrie’s I can think of is Stephan Marbury‘s.  I mean, would it surprise anybody if he posted a video of himself eating paste, only to end his career and go play basketball in China?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 10:39:28 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
marbury comparison seems apt

only instead of china i can see kyrie oing to outer space and loving it there :)

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Interesting dynamic developing here. The Nets may very well be better off with Durant and Harden and no Kyrie. I could see that as settling down to being a sufficiently stable group, and being even more effective than Durant and Kyrie looked.

Would it be better for us if Kyrie calmed down enough to give it a try? That would produce an unstable equilibrium and probably would ruin the Nets. It seems impossible to believe that Kyrie could show the level of maturity necessary to make it work across a season.

They would probably be much better off trading Kyrie for an all-star caliber player and a quality role player or two for depth, but you know they won’t. And I’m not mad. I feel this is going to be quite entertaining watching them grow more dysfunctional by the week.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 11:01:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Way to go, Kyrie.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
17s
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving has been fined $50,000 by the NBA for violating health and safety protocols when he attended a private indoor party last weekend.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 11:02:12 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

They would probably be much better off trading Kyrie for an all-star caliber player and a quality role player or two for depth, but you know they won’t. And I’m not mad. I feel this is going to be quite entertaining watching them grow more dysfunctional by the week.

Except Nets are not going to get that.   Would you offer such a package for a Max player basically quitting on the home team he wanted to join one year in?

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 11:24:33 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Just disappointed? Lol the guy is your max player and isn’t showing up. It better be an amazing, money-can’t-buy reason why the guy isn’t playing lol
- LilRip

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 11:27:52 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just disappointed? Lol the guy is your max player and isn’t showing up. It better be an amazing, money-can’t-buy reason why the guy isn’t playing lol

Anything worded stronger may push him further away.   Can't have that if you want him to rejoin or if you want to trade him.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Way to go, Kyrie.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
17s
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving has been fined $50,000 by the NBA for violating health and safety protocols when he attended a private indoor party last weekend.

It’s some thing that he and Harden can bond over.

It’s a joke that these guys aren’t even missing game checks.  It’s like paid vacation for them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes