Author Topic: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)  (Read 12842 times)

Re: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2022, 03:27:32 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
For what it’s worth, Kyrie’s also said that he’s not antisemitic.

But yes, generally, I think when you’re making memes like these:
https://i.imgur.com/pXbHb6g.jpg

I’m not inclined to afford him the benefit of the doubt in this context.

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2022, 03:33:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Jaylen supported a friend that posted/promoted an anti-semetic  book/ movie. That doesn't make him anti-semetic.

Personal history, I was out with my best friend one night at a bar years ago and he got into with this black kid who was giving him crap for no apparent reason and the "n" weird came out of his mouth. The black kids friends got all enraged calling my buddy a racist so-and-so and things almost went very badly south.

I stuck up my buddy, told the kids he wasn't racist just his anger got the best of him and I bought them a round to chill things out. My friend is in no way racist, I know that deep in my heart. He's married to a beautifully brown Brazilian lady. But he made a mistake and I had his back because he is my friend, heck, my brother.

Are any of you who are labeling Brown for supporting Kyrie the person, which is what he is doing, saying you wouldn't support a good friend after him making such a dumb gaff? If so, I'm glad I'm not your friend.

So here’s the thing, there’s a very simple and straightforward way for Jaylen to do categorically express that he’s not antisemitic. He’s repeatedly hedged and dodged doing it.

It’s the dictionary definition of having cake and eating it too to speak in vagaries and then turn around and say that people who are addressing what you might mean have an ulterior motive.
Jaylen has repeatedly said he is not racist, not anti-semetic and doesn't support things that are. Why this gets ignored, is beyond me. Does he really have to come out every time he tweets something saying he isn't racist or anti-semetic before it sinks in to his detractors and people being hyper critical for him showing support of a friend?
if you really want people to stop calling you anti-semtic and racist, then maybe you stop tweeting anti-semitic and racist things.  If you don't want to be called a duck, stop acting like a duck. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2022, 04:34:24 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
For what it’s worth, Kyrie’s also said that he’s not antisemitic.

But yes, generally, I think when you’re making memes like these:
https://i.imgur.com/pXbHb6g.jpg

I’m not inclined to afford him the benefit of the doubt in this context.

Not sure what you are saying. That meme is pretty widely used across the political spectrum left, liberal, geek, populist, right-winger. Are you saying it’s anti-Semitic? I’ve never heard that, and to look at it I don’t see any anti-Semitic  stereotypes.

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2022, 04:36:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think more athletes should switch to a vegan diet. It's healthier and better for the body and someone who relies on their body to perform at high levels should probably be eating that way. Rather than making it seem like a negative, I think it shows intelligence and dedication to have such a healthy diet when you're a professional athlete.

Know who else is vegan? Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, JaVale McGee, DeAndre Jordan, Cade Cunningham and others.

Semantics but as far as I’m aware none of these guys are proper vegans (no animal products) since that would preclude, well, leather shoes. That’s why they all say “plant-based”.

But, yeah, the inference that being vegan is related to “wacky pseudo intellectualism” is unnecessary.

How about fasting during the playoffs? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2022, 04:39:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Jaylen supported a friend that posted/promoted an anti-semetic  book/ movie. That doesn't make him anti-semetic.

Personal history, I was out with my best friend one night at a bar years ago and he got into with this black kid who was giving him crap for no apparent reason and the "n" weird came out of his mouth. The black kids friends got all enraged calling my buddy a racist so-and-so and things almost went very badly south.

I stuck up my buddy, told the kids he wasn't racist just his anger got the best of him and I bought them a round to chill things out. My friend is in no way racist, I know that deep in my heart. He's married to a beautifully brown Brazilian lady. But he made a mistake and I had his back because he is my friend, heck, my brother.

Are any of you who are labeling Brown for supporting Kyrie the person, which is what he is doing, saying you wouldn't support a good friend after him making such a dumb gaff? If so, I'm glad I'm not your friend.

Did your buddy also refuse to apologize and publicly declare that he did nothing wrong?  Did you stand by him then?

Did a second one of your buddies, who you went into business with, do the exact same thing and you stuck by him, too?

And then did you celebrate the "energy" when a bunch of racists cheered your buddy on?  And then talk in gibberish about how it's better to come together to celebrate your buddy, rather than engaging in violence perpetrated through the media and music / movie industries.  (What an odd coincidence that he cited the same industries that Kanye ranted about Jews controlling.)

Maybe it's all a big coincidence. Or, maybe it's what it looks like.  It sucks, because I love him as a player.  But, Jaylen sure does seem like he's harboring some prejudices and is headed in the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 04:45:13 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2022, 04:43:47 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
Brown also said that he comes from a community “torn by system representations and images of violence,” which is why he reacted so strongly to the video.

“When I saw that video, it struck a chord just for different reasons,” Brown said, via CLNS Media. “I saw a large group of people from our community showing support for (Irving) and his return. Me being proud of that support, proud of our community for doing that does not mean I endorse or celebrate some of the things that were being done or being said in my community.”

My instincts when I saw that was I didn’t notice which group it was,” Brown said. “I just noticed the support, and that’s what I commented on and I reemphasized. I don’t think that everything that’s being said or being done is something that I endorse or represent.”

Brown didn’t delete his original “energy” tweet, which was posted at 5:33 p.m. His clarifying tweet sent afterwards came at 9:15 p.m., and Brown said he doesn’t intend to delete his first tweet.

“Removing the tweet would be removing my support for him and his return,” Brown said. “That was what my agenda was when I tweeted it. I think anybody trying to discontort or misconstrue what my support was has a separate agenda at hand. That’s now what I was trying to do at all.”

This guy *is* Kyrie.  The pseudo-intellectual nonsense, the vegan diet and fasting, the support of anti-Semitics, the hiding behind his role in the NBAPA, the hanging with Kanye, the egoism and not feeling appreciated enough.  Next we'll hear that Tatum is "sonning" him before he refuses to speak to his teammates in the playoffs.

100% chance he leaves Boston when his contract expires.  I'll root for him while he still wears the laundry, but that's not going to be for that much longer.  That's the truth: don't discontort it.
At this risk of getting all CE in an NCE forum: what on earth does being vegan have to do with anything? Being vegan is a good thing.

Anyway, to get all the mileage out of my 'Oxford [English] Dictionary', the last comments are a great example of casuistry.

It's just one example of many regarding how Kyrie and JB are essentially the same person.  Beliefs, diets, fasting, business partners, discrimination masked as thoughtfulness, etc., etc.   

Same person. Riiiight.

Jaylen has a LONG way to go before he becomes Kyrie.

Yeah, I don’t like the way he’s handled himself around Kyrie’s suspension, but saying he’s the same guy requires a lot of squinting. For now, I’m considering it a 25-year old guy making some missteps and I hope he has good people around him who can help him understand this better.

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2022, 04:48:06 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
I think more athletes should switch to a vegan diet. It's healthier and better for the body and someone who relies on their body to perform at high levels should probably be eating that way. Rather than making it seem like a negative, I think it shows intelligence and dedication to have such a healthy diet when you're a professional athlete.

Know who else is vegan? Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, JaVale McGee, DeAndre Jordan, Cade Cunningham and others.

Semantics but as far as I’m aware none of these guys are proper vegans (no animal products) since that would preclude, well, leather shoes. That’s why they all say “plant-based”.

But, yeah, the inference that being vegan is related to “wacky pseudo intellectualism” is unnecessary.

He observes Ramadan, it has nothing to do with veganism. Hakeem Olajuwon also fasted during Ramadan.

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2022, 04:48:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Brown also said that he comes from a community “torn by system representations and images of violence,” which is why he reacted so strongly to the video.

“When I saw that video, it struck a chord just for different reasons,” Brown said, via CLNS Media. “I saw a large group of people from our community showing support for (Irving) and his return. Me being proud of that support, proud of our community for doing that does not mean I endorse or celebrate some of the things that were being done or being said in my community.”

My instincts when I saw that was I didn’t notice which group it was,” Brown said. “I just noticed the support, and that’s what I commented on and I reemphasized. I don’t think that everything that’s being said or being done is something that I endorse or represent.”

Brown didn’t delete his original “energy” tweet, which was posted at 5:33 p.m. His clarifying tweet sent afterwards came at 9:15 p.m., and Brown said he doesn’t intend to delete his first tweet.

“Removing the tweet would be removing my support for him and his return,” Brown said. “That was what my agenda was when I tweeted it. I think anybody trying to discontort or misconstrue what my support was has a separate agenda at hand. That’s now what I was trying to do at all.”

This guy *is* Kyrie.  The pseudo-intellectual nonsense, the vegan diet and fasting, the support of anti-Semitics, the hiding behind his role in the NBAPA, the hanging with Kanye, the egoism and not feeling appreciated enough.  Next we'll hear that Tatum is "sonning" him before he refuses to speak to his teammates in the playoffs.

100% chance he leaves Boston when his contract expires.  I'll root for him while he still wears the laundry, but that's not going to be for that much longer.  That's the truth: don't discontort it.
At this risk of getting all CE in an NCE forum: what on earth does being vegan have to do with anything? Being vegan is a good thing.

Anyway, to get all the mileage out of my 'Oxford [English] Dictionary', the last comments are a great example of casuistry.

It's just one example of many regarding how Kyrie and JB are essentially the same person.  Beliefs, diets, fasting, business partners, discrimination masked as thoughtfulness, etc., etc.   

Same person. Riiiight.

Yeah, I don’t like the way he’s handled himself around Kyrie’s suspension, but saying he’s the same guy requires a lot of squinting. For now, I’m considering it a 25-year old guy making some missteps and I hope he has good people around him who can help him understand this better.

I wonder.  There are rumors that JB was an anti-vaxxer, too.  I missed this at the time:

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-fans-react-to-jaylen-brown-retweeting-controversial-covid-19-vaccine-news

Was this a fake?  If not, add another similarity.

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2022, 04:53:52 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Same person. Riiiight.

I wonder.  There are rumors that JB was an anti-vaxxer, too.  I missed this at the time:

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-fans-react-to-jaylen-brown-retweeting-controversial-covid-19-vaccine-news

It was not a fake.  I saw that tweet when I went to see if he had a reaction to Kanye.  I think it’s deleted now tho.

Jaylen was certainly anti-mandate, which was primarily what that tweet was about.  Whether he was begrudgingly vaccinated or not will remain an unknown, I think, but if he did get vaxxed it was likely only due to mandates.

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2022, 04:54:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Same person. Riiiight.

If it is real I agree it isn’t good. He obviously didn’t promote it the same way or Irving did, at least.

It might be that he has some dumb/bad political ideas, like a lot of pro athletes. I usually try to avoid learning about this kind of thing, because it only detracts from my enjoyment. I hope it won’t happen here, or that sports journalists won’t sense a juicy story and start digging into stuff I don’t need to know.

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2022, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He observes Ramadan, it has nothing to do with veganism. Hakeem Olajuwon also fasted during Ramadan.

Right.  Similarity after similarity between Kyrie and Jaylen.

* Doesn't trust that the Earth is round
* Fasts during playoffs
* Hangs with anti-Semitics
* Speaks like he's a first year philosophy student suffering from a stroke
* Repeatedly critical of Boston fans
* Anti-vaxxer
* Great player
* Criticizes the media, particularly who owns it

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2022, 04:57:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Did your buddy also refuse to apologize and publicly declare that he did nothing wrong?  Did you stand by him then?

Did a second one of your buddies, who you went into business with, do the exact same thing and you stuck by him, too?

And then did you celebrate the "energy" when a bunch of racists cheered your buddy on?  And then talk in gibberish about how it's better to come together to celebrate your buddy, rather than engaging in violence perpetrated through the media and music / movie industries.  (What an odd coincidence that he cited the same industries that Kanye ranted about Jews controlling.)

Maybe it's all a big coincidence. Or, maybe it's what it looks like.
Or maybe you're you're just reading way too much into tweets, refusing to acknowledge the times Brown admitted Kyrie messed up, refusing to acknowledge Jaylen has said many times he isn't racist, refusing to acknowledge Jaylen parted ways with Donda and that he said he was mistaken about who those people were in the energy post.

Perhaps Jaylen should start every tweet with an apology and statement denouncing racism so that some people don't get hyper sensitive over what he says and starts insulting his intelligence and making wrongful accusations because they think they know Jaylen and his relationships with others.

Or maybe we should all be so quick to label posters here,  like people are JB, when they post clearly racist dog whistles, even though we don't really know them. Should really help the community.

You guys want to think supporting a friend and making a mistake makes Jaylen racist, have at. I'm getting sick of all this.

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2022, 04:59:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Or maybe you're you're just reading way too much into tweets, refusing to acknowledge the times Brown admitted Kyrie messed up, refusing to acknowledge Jaylen has said many times he isn't racist, refusing to acknowledge Jaylen parted ways with Donda and that he said he was mistaken about who those people were in the energy post.

Perhaps Jaylen should start every tweet with an apology and statement denouncing racism so that some people don't get hyper sensitive over what he says and starts insulting his intelligence and making wrongful accusations because they think they know Jaylen and his relationships with others.

Or maybe we should all be so quick to label posters here,  like people are JB, when they post clearly racist dog whistles, even though we don't really know them. Should really help the community.

You guys want to think supporting a friend and making a mistake makes Jaylen racist, have at. I'm getting sick of all this.

Maybe he should stop supporting and hanging out with racists.  Seems simple.

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2022, 05:17:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Same person. Riiiight.

He frequently likes and retweets those kinds of things. Not necessarily anti-vax in the sense of being against vaccination generally, but sooking about mandates / the vaccine being “rushed”. I’m pretty comfortable in thinking Brown is a tool.

Discontort is a perfectly cromulent word though :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2022, 05:18:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Maybe he should stop supporting and hanging out with racists.  Seems simple.
Absolutely. You can’t kick up a fuss about people not being anti-racist when it comes to the discrimination that black Americans experience whilst being friends with people who perpetuate the discrimination of Jewish people.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)